Honored Contributor

I will preface this by saying I get Pedicures every two weeks.

I have very, very dry feet and very little helps them

I also have a chronic slash on the ball of my foot nothing I use seems to heal it, it is now so painful to step down, I am not sure what to do. 

TIA for any words or wisdom - thanks all 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: "cut" on ball of my foot

Have you seen a doctor?  I would discontinue the pedicures until the cut has healed.

When my feet seem particularly dry, I coat them in Vaseline  then put plastic bags and socks over them.

Honored Contributor

Oh my that's painful.  My dear Mother had an awful time with her feet because she wore thongs all the time and her feet became very dry and cracked.  They cracked and bled.  All she could do was to moisturize and wear socks over them until the skin healed.  Along with the moisturizer she also used an antibiotic cream.  The moisturizer she used was ultra-ultra moisturizing.  This honestly helped.

If your cut is getting infected (it starts to hurt more and more and looks very red) please go to your physican who will take care of the infection and offer suggestions as to how to relieve the problem you have.... take care.    

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

I would not do anymore pedicures until this is healed and you are seen by a doctor. Do you have diabetes? you really could get a bad infection from a cut on your feet in a public spa, i don't care how clean they seem you really should be very careful.

I woul recommed the vaseline, plastic bag appoach and sleep that way if possible. Have you tried liquid bandaid to close the wound?

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox I would try putting manuka honey on it.That honey is made from tea tree and is antiseptic and healing.If you think you have an infection or have any health concerns then I agree with others to see you doctor.

Honored Contributor

That does not sound good, @I am still oxox.  If you are a diabetic, get it checked out immediately.  I would not soak my feet in the pedicure salon's foot bath.

Honored Contributor

i agree with others....cut out the pedicures for awhile....at least until the foot fully heals.  It doesn't have a chance totally heal if its being soaked in water every two weeks.  I'm another believer of the vaseline approach.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Thank you I am going to shower and apply Vicks and socks 

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@I am still oxox

http://www.top10homeremedies.com/how-to/how-to-heal-cracked-feet.html

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.