Respected Contributor

anyone using the atkins tracking site? Boy it has improved since I last looked into atkins. It is fast to use also. I am trying to lose at least 10-? lbs. (most of my life). I lose it , then it finds me.

The Atkins 40 sounds more reasonable and more potential to be healthful. 

Esteemed Contributor

What's new on their program?

I looked at the site, not much info but I didn't register.

Respected Contributor

I was amazed at the speed of the 'net carb counter' online. I haven't signed up for the app for my phone. I guess it has been sometime since I looked into atkins. Lowering my carbs has been about the only way I have been able to lose in the last several years, but would never do the original Atkins. I guess it is new to me. At least the 'Atkins 40' = limiting carbs to 40 daily "if you need a variety or only have 10-15 lbs to lose " (I believe is what they have on web page.)

All of the other online counters have seemed so slow and tedioius. Sparkpeople is good but rather involved. Frankly I hate any sort of tracking after about a week .

Any way I just wondered if anyone was using it.

Regular Contributor

Is this a free site as they say or will I eventually get charged?  Saw where Kim K lost 70 lbs on the Atkins 40.  I was going to register and get free kit but not sure if free is "free".

Respected Contributor

@imagemd I have been using the site since Friday and it is totally free to use much like the Sparkpeople site and others . I am really getting into it because it has seemed easy to travel & use IMO. It has the recipe section that can be adjusted to varied proportions and it can easily be added to the daily tracker.

I did not originally sign up for the 'free' kit when I registered because I was leery as I see you are also of 'free ' not being free. I would like to sign up for it now. But when I tried over the weekend I was sent in circles it seemed. I sent an e-mail asking how, but of course it takes awhile to get an answer , so I will let you know. But I am pretty sure it is legitimate. At least using the site is free and I am finding it helpful.

I wish Kim could send her cook over ! Smiley Wink If someone would shop and cook for me I would stick to a plan better. Or at least that is my story and I am sticking to it.

Regular Contributor

@okaywitheasypay go to contact us and call the number.  I reistered then decided to get free kit and it would not let me.  I called the number and they got me signed up.  I have been navigating all day.  This is WAY more food than I normally eat...especially the amount of protein.  I need to lose 80-100. UGH!  I am going to check out Walmart to see if they have some of the food items and will do the standard Atkins 20.  I am more the Foodie one because I cook every day...retired.  But I think a little of both will be nice.

Esteemed Contributor

For any one beginning, reading labels is your best friend. 

Total carb count - fiber = net carb count. Atkins began to fudge on their numbers by not counting sugar alcohols as carbs. This can up your count. If you're heading to WM, you can swap out some bars & shakes and save yourself some $. I have a Muscle Milk 11oz, tastes pretty good, cheaper than Atkins.

If you have a sweet tooth, try chromium. Is's a mineral. Cheap, under $10 and helps me with sugar/carb cravings. 200 mcg a day is a good start.

Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppy I finally got how they figured net carbs just awhile ago. So many plans have thier own language I think just to make one think it is special !Smiley Happy But this makes sense and is a little more healthful. I would think of having my 'sweet tooth ' extracted if I could figure out which one it is. I take a multiple vitamin that has a 120 mg of chronium .

This Atkin's 40 plan seems to be working , potentially healthy enough (depending on choices made) , and keeping me satiated. I have lost 4 lbs. since starting. Of course I have probably lost 400 lbs. over my lifetime at the start of a diet in this increment then not kept it up to goal and had it return. I do like thier site and as I said it is fast.

One nice thing about growing older I find is that I am more appreciative of a small loss . That is good since my loosing is like 'pulling frogs teeth'. So 5/10 lbs makes me happy and more comfortable.

Respected Contributor

@imagemd I do plan to try the # ty. I did not get a response to the e-mail. I like to get an unsweetened/nonflavored protien powder to use and add my own. I purchased Jarrow brand that only has 2 carbs per scoop . I think through iherb. I have found a small (1cup ?) homemade smoothie with it  in late afternoon helpful .

Good luck to us both ! Heart