Honored Contributor

Re: marijuana story on the news

@151949 

My feelings on the topic. I really don't care if they choose to eat it. At least that way their choice effects only themselves and their loved ones. Now emitting something into our air, other than a natural physical necessity such as flatulence, I do not like.

Eat away, but don't emit your choice into the air that is mine when in close proximity to me. I don't like the smell or it's possible effects on my old and scarred lungs. And should you choose to get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle after you empty your bowl? I hope nobody pays the price for your choice, BUT YOU.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@151949 

My feelings on the topic. I really don't care if they choose to eat it. At least that way their choice effects only themselves and their loved ones. Now emitting something into our air, other than a natural physical necessity such as flatulence, I do not like.

Eat away, but don't emit your choice into the air that is mine when in close proximity to me. I don't like the smell or it's possible effects on my old and scarred lungs. And should you choose to get behind the wheel of a motor vehicle after you empty your bowl? I hope nobody pays the price for your choice, BUT YOU.

hckynut(john)

@hckynut,

Here in Colorado there are very strict, enforced laws which govern the use of mj including dui. The laws here are some the the most strict in the country. Colorado has set an example of what not to do.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@hckynut,

Here in Colorado there are very strict, enforced laws which govern the use of mj including dui. The laws here are some the the most strict in the country. Colorado has set an example of what not to do.

@SilleeMee

From what I have heard on the news, since the legalization of pot, motor vehicle crashes(i choose not to call them accidents) have increased immensely, when it comes to "Driving Under the Influence". Some say this can be directly connected to the legalization of pot in Colorado.

This to me would compare to states choosing to lower the drinking age to 16. I am not one that believes in "making mind altering substances legal" will reap positive results. I believe it will do just the opposite, thus my correlation to 16 year old children being legally able to buy and drink alcoholic beverages.

If nearly 26 year old's are considered "children" when it comes to medical insurance, a 16 year old is almost a baby.

One only need look at the motor vehicle crash records to conclude which age group holds the title to "having the most". I agree with your assessment that other states can learn a lot from the example of Colorado.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

I guess she could of baked some pot brownies.  I would have smoked it not ate it. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

IMO - if they want to use marijuana medically then it should be made and controlled the same as any narcotic substance. Sold in tablet form as a narcotic with a Rx.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

IMO - if they want to use marijuana medically then it should be made and controlled the same as any narcotic substance. Sold in tablet form as a narcotic with a Rx.

Oh I think eating the Alice B. Toklas brownies would be much more fun!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

*Lurking through thread* Walking Weed Leaf Animation photo HERBIE.gif

That is totally going to be my Halloween costume next year!

Honored Contributor

How about all the people driving around on legally prescribed pain meds?

Pot is certainly not the only thing, nor the biggest thing, putting people in foggy territory.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I wonder how it would go in a salad? What kind of dressing would you like?

And when they're done with lunch, they'll return to their job at the daycare center or the classroom teaching your child.

Or they'll hop in their mini van to head for a PTA meeting or run an errand.

After all, it's legal and doesn't impair judgement 

If you must get off on this tangent please start your own thread. We are just having fun on this one.

I just read the thread and several posters (including you) veered off the "fun".

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I wonder how it would go in a salad? What kind of dressing would you like?

And when they're done with lunch, they'll return to their job at the daycare center or the classroom teaching your child. Or they'll hop in their mini van to head for a PTA meeting or run an errand.  After all, it's legal and doesn't impair judgement 

If you must get off on this tangent please start your own thread. We are just having fun on this one.

I agree OP.

Original Post thru Post 10 are tongue-in-cheek.

Very funny musings from different posters!