Honored Contributor

@freakygirl wrote:

ECBG, thank you for that. but i find that there are just some things i can't forgive myself for. i appreciate your taking the time to send me a comment 💐

@freakygirl,Sweetheart, I think we all feel bad for things we can't control.  We have to forgive ourselves.  You weren't trained to be a doctor.  How could uou know?

Trusted Contributor

Re: fainting issues

[ Edited ]

ECBG, big hug. thanks

Honored Contributor

My father fainted in church once.  They called an ambulance.  He wasn't too happy about it.  They checked him out and found nothing.  Didn't happen again.

Honored Contributor

@tockerman  They are compression socks,  not compassion,  which is a whole different thing.   You can judge the quality by the price.   Medical grade are quite expensive. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

If it has happened to you twice you should have a Holter monitor test done , You have to wear a heart monitor 24 hours a day to see if you have an arrythmia , You can't tell with just a simple ekg, Fainting twice means something is wrong ,

cathy from ma

Super Contributor

I would definitely recommend following up with your PCP. They need to know that this happened.  I have previously had many instances of fainting. I am now on atenolol to keep my blood pressure up, I try to stay hydrated and get up slowly.  Since I started taking atenolol 7 years ago I have not fainted.    My blood work and heart tests were fine. 

Regular Contributor

Like everyone here has said, I would go see my doctor. 

I faint pretty often because of low blood sugar.  It drops rapidly sometimes and out I go.  I can tell most of the time and I can find some place to sit down.   I carry a small water bottle of orange juice with me everywhere I go. 

They probably checked yours at the hospital when they did your blood work so that's probably not it but something to consider.

Good luck and I hope it doesn't happen again.

Super Contributor

My 22 year old stepdaughter has fainted 3 times in the last 2 months.  Then just as she was fainting, her 20 year old sister fainted right behind me right down to the ground.  We were in a restaurant.  So very bizarre.  The 20 year old fainted about 4 years ago in a gym in school and broke her jaw.  I keep telling the older one to go to the doctor but I don't think she has yet.  She thinks it's food related?  It always happens when she is eating.  I guess watching someone faint makes people faint too?  Pretty scary is all I have to say!