Highlighted
Super Contributor

Yogurt and stomach problems

I know this may be a yucky subject for some, but I am very curious as I have never heard this problem addressed.

I always hear how wonderful yogurt is for the stomach and bowels because of the cultures and all. And also, since I have both IBS & osteo, I have been eating a cup of it daily --- the low fat version, of course. I tried Activia and did not notice any difference between that and any other yogurts. I did prefer Oikos Greek yogurt, but will eat just about any kind.

Any how --- here is my problem. I recently starting experiencing a lot of constipation -- worse than I have ever had with the exception of a stint of being on Iron --- and I have not changed my diet or medications, other than upping my yogurt consumption. This week I decided to not eat yogurt and see if that changed my stomach condition. My stomach problem seems a lot better. Maybe it's a coincidene??

Here's my question --- has anyone ever experienced constipation or other stomach problems from eating yogurt? Is that possible?

Thanks. I appreciate your replies.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2015 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View