Respected Contributor

When will there be an AreoPilates TSV?

Does anyone know when there will be an AreoPilates TSV next?  I want to add this to my routine and have heard so much about it here.

Honored Contributor

Re: When will there be an AreoPilates TSV?

@Tigriss wrote:

Does anyone know when there will be an AreoPilates TSV next?  I want to add this to my routine and have heard so much about it here.

I see that they're on twice on July 5, but I don't see any information about a TSV in the near future.

The one that I own (and would recommend) is this one, but it's not on the Q's site anymore.

You can get it at Stamina's website.

http://www.staminaproducts.com/product_detail.cfm?cat=Pilates&pid=55-4650D

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am looking at this one on Q that is similar but doesn't have the stand, but does have the pull up bar and an extra cord, so 5 cords.  Do these fold for storage?

AeroPilates Reformer Plus 5 Cord w/ DVDs Pull Up Bar and Rebounder

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

I am looking at this one on Q that is similar but doesn't have the stand, but does have the pull up bar and an extra cord, so 5 cords.  Do these fold for storage?

AeroPilates Reformer Plus 5 Cord w/ DVDs Pull Up Bar and Rebounder

It doesn't appear that this one folds up.  I looked at the PDF of the specs and I don't see anything mentioned there either.

Respected Contributor

Actually that pic does look like it's jointed in the middle for folding.  But don't be fooled by how easy Marjolein makes it look when she folds the machine.  It's not light.  I have one of the earlier models from years ago and it takes a bit of effort to fold up so mine is just left out on one side of the room.

Another important thing I learned as I was about to buy a new machine because the wheels on mine cracked open and they were wheeling metal on metal....and the rubber handles also split at the edges.....you can order any part from Stamina.  So instead of spending $400+ dollars on a new machine I spent $20 for wheels, duct taped the handles and my machine is working perfectly like new!

Respected Contributor

Thanks! I'm going to check out the July shows and see if they have any specials. I will probably leave it out in the guest room if it doesn't fold. I'm excited about it. Do you recommend the stand? Are there DVDs for this?
Respected Contributor

Hi tigriss.  Mine came with a couple of DVD's as I recall.  I only needed to view them once or twice as I'm no stranger to working out.  I think most of the machines still come with at least a DVD or two.  I would guess there are even on-line workouts you could google.

I don't need a stand but if you have trouble getting up and down off the floor that might not be a bad idea.  I don't personally need a stand in order to perform any additional exercises.  I find that the range of motion is fine without the extra few inches below me.  Same for the additional equipment like boxes and bars and balls....I can get a perfectly fine workout without all the extras.

Respected Contributor

That is great to know. I have done Pilates on a machine before, so I'm fairly familiar with the workouts but still kinda like a video to make sure I have the right form so I don't hurt myself getting started. Thanks. I'll stream the July show since I don't have TV service. I had looked at the calendar and searched for AeroPilates but found nothing. I was looking too hard.
Trusted Contributor

QVC offers pretty good deals on AeroPilates reformers.  Waiting for a TSV may take forever.  You can always contact Marjolene and ask her if there are any plans.  I have the 4 cord Plus that I purchased last summer with the pull-up bar, rebounder and head pillow.  I absolutely love it.  I have been professionally trained in Pilates in a studio prior to purchasing my own for home.  I like my home version just as much as the $5,000 reformers that are found in the studios.  I never fold mine up because I use it almost every day.  We have an exercise room in our house.  Pilates has changed my life and given me the best body ever.  I have always worked out in the gym but as Marjolene has said, Pilates give you long lean toned muscles whereas the gym always bulked me up a bit.  I gave up the gym for Pilates and its the best thing that I ever did for myself.

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
I'll stream the July show since I don't have TV service. I had looked at the calendar and searched forAeroPilates but found nothing. I was looking too hard.

It looks like there are two shows:

Tune in to QVC for AeroPilates(TM) Home Studio
Sunday, July 5, 2015 from 1 – 2 a.m., 8 – 9 a.m. ET