Esteemed Contributor

Hello!  I'm in rehab and they tell me I am doing good.  Thanks for the hugs and support.  Still haven't heard the results  except that she,"Put me all back together!"  Thanks again all update later.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills

Thank you so much for checking in Zhills.  

No kidding when I say this - when dealing with bowel or intestinal surgery, it's critical that they get 'all that' back in the way it belongs.  

I continue to pray for a favorable outcome :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Still waiting for your update.  Praying for favorable news.

Esteemed Contributor

I do not know the diagnosis except that they sent lymphs for analysis.  

Honored Contributor

@Zhills

Hon, it's all part of the process, they are being thorough.  Other than that, how are you feeling after the surgery?

Frequent Contributor

@Zhills

It's good to hear you are doing well in rehab. Smiley Happy  I hope your family is supportive and helpful during this difficult time.  Take care of yourself.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What did you do...

[ Edited ]

Going home tomorrow.  Wish I were more excited about it.  Doing OK.  I guess.

Not much help.  No support!  Gonna be a challenge!  Don't give up on me.  Keep me in your prayers.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills

We aren't going anywhere.  Just take things slow and easy and if you can avoid it, don't lift anything really heavy.

Frequent Contributor

@Zhills

Post surgical healing reminds one how many muscles we use ;/  how something we could do easily before is now challenging and often done very differently.  Learning new ways to approach a task and master it is fascinating---give yourself something as a reward with every milestone you reach.  It also reminds us of the importance of self-care- being as kind to ourselves as we are to others in need.  And, most importantly, it also reminds us of our resolve, our strength and perseverance.  We human beings are remarkable.

The encouraging thing is everything is mending and you will see in the horizon there is an end to the healing process and you will be soon enjoying life again-even if it is now as a different version of your former self.

((( I am not dismissing the pain, discomfort, frustration and exhaustion etc. you feel.  It's real and it sucks, doesn't it. ))) 

Outside support from family and friends would be ideal and I'm sorry you don't have what you need, emotionally and physically. Smiley Sad  Are you asking for what you need?  If not, please try.  If you are physically alone, I hope as @Bird mama

said...you know we are not going anywhere.  We are standing next to you and will hold you up as long as you need and a little bit more --just because...

Respected Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

Going home tomorrow.  Wish I were more excited about it.  Doing OK.  I guess.

Not much help.  No support!  Gonna be a challenge!  Don't give up on me.  Keep me in your prayers.

@Zhills  

I have been thinking about you every day!!!  At least you're getting out of that place where they are committed to not letting you get any sleep!!  boo.gif

Please ask for help from friends and family.  People really feel at their best when helping others!  We on this board are also here for you!

You will feel much better soon and look back on this trying time with strength and resolve.  It will make you a better person!

I had breast cancer and went through surgery and radiation for six weeks.  During that time, I met many caring people, and I know I grew from the whole experience!!!  HUGS to you and let us know how you're feeling!!!