Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

[ Edited ]

Did a long Ride class yesterday and then tried to knock down some of the jungle that is my front yard and washed my car so I got a lot in yesterday.  

I also had a big football weekend.  Watched Notre Dame go down in flames again and then my Tigers but we fired the coach so party!!  And then my Eagles actually looked like a Pro team....I think the sports world was on its axis yesterday.  

Thinking about walking the trail this afternoon but we'll see.  

@nomless  Such a great idea to case the joint before your interview.  I know you'll ace it!  My first ever job was as a page in a library (my friend and I though that title was hysterical at the time) and I loved it because I love books.  I still know the dewey decimal system by heart.   Wishing you good luck.  Heart

Honored Contributor

Pilates and the rebounder - done.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Today is not starting out as a good day.  Stayed up late last night plus had two early gym classes this morning so I'm running on about 4-5 hours of sleep.  

Did Pound class and then the new Power which I hated.  I don't like when the releases become so fancy they get ridiculous.  This is one of those.  I'm seriously debating on whether or not I do it again on Thursday.  It's that bad.

So I come home from the gym and take off my Fitbit except, no Fitbit.  It apparently slipped out of its carrier and is, I'm sure, gone forever.  I didn't even make it a year.Smiley Sad

Then my phone, which has been acting up, also decided to start dying on me.  Also, didn't make it a year.  So I went and reordered a new version of a good phone I had in the past that is on clearance so I can maybe have some good luck with electronics.  

I am so over spending money I don't have for no good reason.  The Fitbit is not being replaced.  At least I got it on clearance.

Okay, I'm done whining.  Thanks for reading about my troubles and I hope you all are having a much better week.  Going to get through work and then go home and crawl into bed with a stuffed animal and pull the covers over my head.     Smiley Indifferent  

Respected Contributor

Awww, Laura, I'm sorry you lost your Fitbit. I remember when you got it.

Yesteray,  a guy came and worked on the old equipment in the workout room for hours, replacing parts, adjusting stuff,  etc. I wonder how long it will last. They do this every few months. I would think at some point it becomes more cost effective to just replace it.

I did a long workout today.

Hey, Judy,  how does it feel to be back at work?

Hi to Bopper and Lucy and Mick and all our friends. I hope your day is a good one.

Respected Contributor

Hey all, it's a dreary rainy day here today.  I grocery shopped this morning and I am feeling a little scratchy throat.  DH just got over a cold so I"m downing the OJ, I'll be fine I know though.   I'm in a baking mode on a rainy fall day.  I think I am due for some apple crisp.  Any takers?   Smiley Wink

Laura sorry your day was so crummy.  Tomorrow is a new day and a new beginning.

Nomless hope all the gym equipment gets fixed.  Did you get the thunderbell yet?  Excited for your interview!   You got this!!!

I luvlucy thinking of you and DS and DH,,,,post when you can.

Judy are you getting back in the swing of things?

Have a great day everyone!

Honored Contributor

@bopper  Feel better!!  It is still hot and almost 90 here so I'll take your rain along with the apple crisp.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay I'm an idiot.  Feel free to roll in laughter.  

Part of the reason I ordered a new phone was because I tried to take a few pictures this morning and I kept getting a black screen.  I figured the camera was shot.  I just realized that when my phone cover came off a few days ago and, I put it back on, it was upside down and that's why the camera didn't work.   It was completely blocking the view finder.

Yep.  Commit me now.  Good thing my doctor's appointments are starting again in the next several months.  The first one is the eye doctor tomorrow morning.      Perfect timing.  

Do you really fall apart and just go to s**t in your 40s?  I'm not liking this.  At all.  

Respected Contributor

LOL about your phone, Laura. At least now you know it'sounds ok.

Yes, please, Bopper, to the apple crisp. 😊

Honored Contributor

Baked a cake at 4am this morning.  It's my sister's birthday.  That was my morning exercise.  She asked for red velvet with cream cheese icing which is the most disgusting thing to me on the planet outside of beets so I'll be safe not eating it at the party tomorrow.  

I think I am going to finally take myself to the park after work and walk the short trail since the sun is setting earlier now.  I keep promising myself to do that but haven't so I'm thinking if my plans go as scheduled, it's happening.

Off to my eye doctor appointment which I desperately need (see above post).

And @JudyL it's okay to come back.  I bought myself two more Irish sweaters that are arriving in a few days so you don't have to come back here bearing gifts.  Smiley Happy

Have a great Wednesday everyone!! 

Valued Contributor

Hey everyone, up in PA enjoying some beautiful weather. 

Colonoscopy and Endoscopy themselves went well but they did find a couple of trouble spots(one up and one lower) including a polyp...so now it's just a waiting game to get the biopsy reports back.  So another couple of weeks with somthing stressful hanging over our heads.  Hope that's it though...praying for the "all-clear". 

I'm heading out to do a few miles on these hilly, country roads...hope to clear my mind.

I love apple-crisp bopper, sounds delicious.

One more day nomless! 

Laughing at your cell phone camera story Laura. 

Have a great day everyone.  Waving to all.