Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

I love my cats. I really, really do. But. I'm cleaning my glass-topped tables. They get interested, of course, so as soon as I'm finished, they jump up to see what I've done. That, of course, results in paw prints all over the tables The clean table tops last about 5 seconds. Sigh. I'd replace the tables, but my dad made them for me and they're gorgeous, so they're not going anywhere. The cats obviously aren't leaving, so I live with paw prints. Guess that's why I don't clean very often - there's no payoff. LOL.

Respected Contributor

Workout done.

Happy weekend to all.

Honored Contributor

TGIF!!!!  Did Pilates and the rebounder.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Happy Friday, I walked this morning outside it was nice and cool and then did the trail with Logan and the neighborhood a couple times.  I had to let my friends doggie out 2x so I walked there and back a couple times.

Nomless next Thursday, okay sending positive thoughts your way!  I guess you can live with paw prints, I would never part with the tables either nor the kitties.  It's okay.  I hope you like the thunderbell, sounds cool.  I did see it but have to watch the video now.

Iluvlucy 90 is too hot for this time of year!  At least early morning you can get out before it gets too hot!  

MickD good job on your workouts, and hooray for the weekend!

Laura how your doing, hoping you had a good day!

Judy are you adjusting to being back home.  What is the time difference there?

Almost time for baseball, have a nice evening!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Morning...it's Saturday again!  It's warmer out this morning than it's been but isn't supposed to get out of the 70's today...yay! 

We're taking full advantage of it too...doing the big bike and hike...backpacks and all.  I did over 15 miles yesterday and worked in the yard, my dogs were barking last night.  I ran the .54 straight up hill faster than I have since we've been here...not sure why, but I didn't feel as bad as I have when I got to the top either.  Faster recovery time.

We went to Magnificent 7 last night then came home and took Lucy on a long walk in the dark...it was a nice evening.  If you can't watch guns and shooting, this is not the movie for you.  But the story-line was very good imo so it was worth the rest, we liked it a lot.  And those reclining seats are the bomb...lol! 

I need to decide what to do with Kit while we go to PA this week...either have to take her or kennel here.  Neither one is a good choice for her and the kennel here is expensive.

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone, Total Gym and Treadmill this morning, dog walk later.  I'm still going to my friends house to let her dog out also.   Hubby will cut more wood, I have a big box of apples so will start my batches of applesauce and apple bread.  Love the smell of apples cooking with the cinnamon.  

It was 46 here this morning, were 60 now so it feel good out.

Have fun Iluvlucy, glad the temps are cooler for you.  Hope your dogs don't bark too much tonight!  LOL  Only Lucy, she's allowed!

We have nothing planned, just a quiet weekend at home, watching football, baseball and Hallmark movies!

Have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Bopper and Lucy, enjoy your cool weather. It's still hot here.

Bopper,  I hope the dog sitting goes ok. 

Lucy,  if I lived nearby, I'd help with Kit while you're gone. You're right...neither option is good.

I did my workout. Oh, gosh, I didn't want to do it, but I did. I'm so glad it's  done for today. 

Respected Contributor

Workout done. No plans for the rest of the day.

Valued Contributor

Aaannnnnd...it's Monday already!  Where did the weekend go?! 

We had such a nice weekend...Saturday was hiking and rock-clibming in Great Falls, biking, running, walking Lucy, and yoga....yesterday was German Festival, rode the back-roads of wine and horse country, antiques, Alpacas, etc. 

I need new shoes, climbing those rocks is dicey as it is and my NIKE running shoes don't cut it, need some traction.  Hiking boots aren't what you need for climbing either so you really need two different pairs.  I ordered hiking boots but need something else too. 

DH"s Giants lost...Packers won...watched the LMS last night at 10:30 that we missed on Friday night.  Had a nice, relaxing evening.  And now it's go-time.  We decided on the kennel for Kit but our vet is taking her which makes me feel better.  She is familiar with them and they are really good to her there...they get a kick out of how friendly and laid back she is.

So...we're not sure what this week holds.  We stayed on the move so we didn't have as much time to think about it.  It's always a gamble having someone with UC or Crohn's do the pre-op cleanse...never know what that's going to start...then don't know what they're going to find.   

Hope everyone has a great week...and your interview is a huge success nomless!! 

Respected Contributor

How great that you have a plan worked out for Kit, Lucy. That's one thing off your mind.

Thanks for your good wishes re: my interview later this week. I'm not familiar with the library branch I would be working at and where I'll be interviewing, so this morning I spent some time browsing there and identifying where the major sections are...fiction, mystery, reference, kids' fiction and reference, etc. I also did research about the guy this branch was named for. Noted what type of clothing the staff wears....casual, jeans probably ok as long as they're not too casual. Trying to be prepared. 😃