Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

[ Edited ]

I saw a cool piece of equipment on Q last night - Thunderbell. It's sort of like a dumbbell, but you can hold it either like a dumbbell or with the hand grips on the ends. You can use it as a dumbbell, kettlebell, or medicine ball. It's exactly what I've wanted. I love kettlebell and med ball workouts, but I find them difficult to hold. I often use a dumbbell instead, holding it on the ends, but that's awkward, too. You hold the Thunderbell as you do a steering wheel, so grip is secure. It comes with 3 DVDs with 8 workouts, total time over 3 and a half hours. I found reviews on other sites, all positive. Very cool.

Honored Contributor

@nomless  I'll have to look that one up.  Some of the weights at the gym have openings just like a steering wheel.  I still use the dumbells since the guys usually grab those but they look much more comfortable to use.

So they had a surprise class before my Power class today.  I usually set up for Power and then go to my Ride class so I'm not lugging a mat into the bike room.  

I start setting up in my literal tiny corner of the room because it gets so packed and I'm small and a chick comes in and yells at me for setting up for another class and not the one that is about to happen.  Mind you the entire room is clear for anywhere this soon to be road kill wants to set her mat up and my rolled one is literally sitting in a corner with some hand weights.  

She is now dead and will speak to me like that no more.  Don't get into the face of a Sicilian at 4:45am.  It won't end well for you.

I did my Ride and Power.  Kept up my weights although it was a different routine today and I think I did pretty well.  I did better on Tuesday but that was fresh off a weekend where all I did was my two hour hike.  

Next week is all new music so we'll see what the corporate dudes came up with for the new stuff.  If I don't like it, routine change starts then too.  Smiley Very Happy

Happy Fall everyone although it's still 90 degrees here!!  The earth is turning and it will get cold soon right?  My velvet sheets are going on the bed this weekend no matter what!  I'm tired of waiting for Fall to happen!  

Valued Contributor

MickD...I believe I've eaten at a "Fisherman's" before on the west coast.  Agree with nomless, fine dining has its place, but some of those "holes in the wall" have the best food.  We used to go to one in Puerto Rico...best Super Wet Burritos we've ever had!

Laura...glad you're sore.  I was hoping my legs would be today but only my b-cheeks are.  Although when I ran I could feel my hamstrings some...but I worked my thighs the most...go figure! Smiley Tongue  Those pistol squats are still making my rear sore so I'll stick with those a while...along with my weights and plyo squats.  We have the same "steering wheel" weights at my gym.

Hope you like your new weight nomless...I wish it came in a little higher weight.  I'm guessing they will eventually offer more choices.  I'm sure it would be convenient though and a good addition to your chair. 

I'm finishing up my bedding I started this morning then heading to Wegman's for health-food.  DH had a rotten night last night...haha...oh my word, you're right Laura!  He missed his flight in Atlanta because the first one was delayed...then he gets in here and the police have the road blocked at the airport so he couldn't get home!  And he still had to get up and 5 this morning and go again! 

Did a few miles this morning and upper body.  Might start doing Pound and Pilates classes from a lady in the hood that has her own business...ran into someone on my route this morning and she gave me a card.  Going to check it out!

My gf is calling....later gators!!

Respected Contributor

Lucy, I agree, heavier would be better, but for the med ball workouts I have, 6 lb is good. Some of Katami, too. (I realize I miss those workouts.).  The Thunderbell also comes in  a 10 lb version available at Amazon, Walmart, the Thunderbell website and other places. Still not heavy enough for a true k-bell workout, but heavier at least. I'll give Q's 6 lb a try, can add the heavier one later if I like it. The price is steep, but at least on Q you get more workouts than other places offer.

I did a long workout today. It took a lot of mental toughness because I really wanted to stop. I hung in there til the end, though.  Yay, me!

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Got home last night.  The trip was fantastic.  Now unpacking, doing laundry, and trying to get back on California time.  Luckily, I don't have to go back to work until Monday.  Hope everyone is doing well.  Will try and catch up soon.

Judy

Honored Contributor

@JudyL  Welcome back!!!  Heart

Respected Contributor

Welcome home, Judy! You were smart to allow for a few days of rest, etc., before going back to work.  Enjoy your next few few days off.

Respected Contributor

Hey all, almost bedtime!   I was gone a lot of today actually helping hubby install window blinds at a place about 1 1/2 hours from here.  He had to hang 9 so needed help and it was a beautiful summer home and nobody was there .  It over looked a lake, I didn't mind at all !

Judy welcome home, I bet you have a lot of beautiful pictures to remember your memories by.

Laura You give that girl an earful.  How rude!

Nomless I missed that presentation.  I saw the bodyblade but not that.  I"ll have to look at the video.  When is the interview, did you say.  I hope I didn't miss it?

Iluvlucy sounds like a crazy night for DH, just glad he made it home!  I think the Pound class is supposed to be pretty popular.  Let us know if you decide to take it.

MickD hope the sciatica is better

Going to wash up now for bed.  I was at the neighbors for a couple hours for a birthday party for another neighbor who is terminally ill.  She was so taken aback and grateful to us for giving her a party.  We all love her.

Have a nice evening!

Valued Contributor

Happy Friday!  Supposed to be 90* again today...my van read 93* yesterday when I went to Ulta and Wegman's...but 87* here on the island. 

My gf that called was thinking about the Alegria TSV...lol.  We talked for well over an hour, nice catching up.  She's planning on coming up for a visit, wants to go hiking. 

Welcome home Judy, I'm sure you had a wonderful time!

Sounds like a nice day bopper! 

nomless...when is your interview?

I think I may blow off the gym and head out.  Was thinking of biking but we're hiking and biking tomorrow...decisions, decisions.  My core is sore from yesterday, I know I don't want to do anything with that!  Shoulders are a little too...not bad. 

Respected Contributor

Bopper, my interview is next Thurssday.

I ordered the Thunderbell yesterday because I didn'the want to miss out on the free shipping and 5 easy pay installments. No telling how long those will be there. I think the Thunderbell will make my med ball workouts more pleasant because it will be easier to hold. I hope the new workouts that are included are good, too.