Esteemed Contributor

Re: Welcome to the October Exercise Thread

[ Edited ]

Honored Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

It's going to be an unusually warm day for Oct, but it's very windy. Going on my brisk walk in a little while.

I slacked off on exercise yesterday and I also have been eating too much Halloween candy the last few days. Need to get back on track.

@Daisy Sunflower  You'll get there.  Just do a few more minutes or miles for the extra candy and you're golden.  Smiley Happy  

Respected Contributor

It's hot here again, too.  AC is back on! Crazy.

I was going to do my workout this afternoon, really, but I decided to check email first. Good things I did as there were more pre-employment forms to fill out, if you do'n't finish them on time, they revoke the offer. I got them done, but now I don't feel like working out...I don't like working out this late in the day.

I had lunch with a friend today. Had fun.

Bopper, today's TSV is they CuddleDuds, right? I like CD, but I don't like the open front style so I'm not tempted.

Honored Contributor

Did my Pound and Power combo this morning.  New routine and music for Power, thank goodness.  Much better!  

Now if I can get the Pound teacher to change out her music because I'm over it.  She made mention she would next week so here's hoping.  She teased we will be pounding to Thriller.  Finally a song I know and can dance to if I'm not thrilled with the exercise routine.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Daisy...Halloween candy is dangerous in this house!  I love my sweets, chocolate included.  Can't bring them into the house this early...usually buy my candy the day before or the day of just to be safe. Smiley Tongue

nomless...good thing you checked your email!  I don't like working out late either because then I'm even more wired than I normally am at night and can't fall asleep until 2 a.m.  When I was working 2 jobs in CA, I used to do SPIN in the evening while ds was at practice....but by the time we got home, ate, and I showered, I was wide eyed and bushy-tailed, couldn't sleep.  And 4:30 came awfully early.

bopper...did you get the TSV?  I'm thinking of getting another one for myself and one for my best-friend's mom in the nursing home.  I talked to her while waiting for my gf this morning and she said she could love ir or hate it, very strong opinion one way or the other..and I could be sure she'd let me know, either way...lol. 

Laura...the music and routine can make it or break it for me.  Is your back all better?  I've been hurting all over, muscles, joints, stiff, etc...finally dawned on me to look at the side-effects of the new antihistamine John's Hopkins put me on...all some of the top side-effects...figures! 

I pushed through strength training yesterday but, man, what a difference this is making, quite painful.  And it's like it has brought out all my old injuries and intensified them.  Pilates was the worst.  Not any better if I don't do anything either...get very stiff.

Walked with my new gf this morning, we did our longest one to date.  So nice out even though it's warm. 

At er vet Sunday with Lucy...have another appt with regular vet today.  She seems a little better today but Saturday night was bad...up all night. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Iluvlucy  Sounds like you need a rest day!  My back is pretty much back to normal.  I stopped doing the power cleans in Power and just do upright rows.  I think that had  a lot to do with it.  I also found my Lo Bak again and I'm stretching it out at night.

Heart for you and lucy!  Get better soon!  Heart  

Respected Contributor

Workout done. Good girl!

Laura, it's great your back is ok and that you like the pillows. 

Hi, Lucy. Sorry about the aches and pains. Hang in there.

It's a little cooler outside today, but no breeze, so my apt is still hot.

I did more pre-employment things today. It's quite a process. I'm happy I don'the need to go to the city office, at least not yet. Will try to do some chores this afternoon, and maybe a nap. LOL. I woke up early today, so am tired now.

Respected Contributor

Hey all, it was a wild night here.   We had over 4 inches of rain and many roads are flooded and sink holes.  Lots of EMT vehicles and boats taking people from their homes who live along the rivers.  We're good but my sister lives on the river but she is up high enough although she had a terrible time trying to go to work today.  Police told her to turn around and go another way and she managed but now going home I think both ends are blocked.  She works at 5 am so she's on the road at 4:30 am.  No street lights either as these are more country roads...It's quite serious and very unusual here. I'm sure the news tonight will have tons of coverage.  I have only heard of 1 home totaled by the water as they lived in a low area but I"m sure more will pop up as this gets more attention.

I did treadmill this morning intervals and walked Logan on the trail in my tall rainboots.  I almost wiped out on slippery mud, that would have been not so good!

Iluvlucy no I didn't order the TSV, I was thinking for my DIL but then not sure if she'd go for it.  I would love it for me but don't need it.   I have no idea what to get my DIL, she's very low key and not frilly at all.   Now my DIL to be I think would love it although I got their gift already.  

Nomless good thing you checked your email.  

Daisy I understand on the candy, I do what Lucy does, I buy it the day of!  And try and get stuff I don't like.   

Laura glad you slept good on your new pillows.  Sleep does a body good for sure.  My alarm went off this morning and I knew it was raining and I don't have to be or go anywhere so I laid there thinking I don't have to get up, I can get up when I want so watched some TV in bed before rising to get my coffee. 

I think there is a Muk Luk TSV tomorrow, I'll look at those and those sheets the end of the month I have to remember, If I decide I want them.  Sometimes I think I don't need any of this stuff, it's only stuff!  LOL   So why do I want it  hahaha

Have a good one everybody!

Respected Contributor

Bopper what a storm you had! Thank goodenss you and sister got through it without damage. Your dad's place is ok, too?

I love today's TSV, but my cats destroy throws, so I have to avoid them. I miss curling on the sofa with a soft warm throw. Cats do rule, I guess. LOL.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bopper  OMG, I hope your town and your sister and everyone else is okay!  Please send the rain this way.  We'll take it off your hands!

@nomless  Are you getting excited?  Back to the working world...Smiley Happy

@Iluvlucy  I hope you and lucy are better.  Heart That dog is so cute.  It makes my heart ache.

So I stood up yesterday to go home from work and literally said "Ow!"  Lots of squats yesterday.  Today is an off day but I'll be back tomorrow for my Ride and more Power.  I started up on black beans again since my eye doctor said she was seeing some cholesterol again in my eyes and that is truly my magic food.  I've never been so lean.  I'm liking it!  It only took to my 40s to get a good figure.  Smiley Very Happy

Oh and I found the Bershire TSV for next month.  I want it so bad but I don't need it.  Trying to hold my credit card back!  Lovely colors.  If any of you are getting those throws, I'm officially jealous.  

Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!