Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the October Exercise Thread

Happy Friday everyone!  I went to Costco yesterday after the gym...got some velvet sheets like the Berkshire ones...they're wonderful and only $30!!  I may go get another set but want to see what they offer for the upcoming Berkshire TSV. 

Back to the vet with Lucy, she fell on the hardwood floor(went to jump on ottoman, slipped on hardwood, didn't make ottoman, fell back on floor and splayed out) and pulled a muscle.  So she's on doggie Advil.  Vet said she has the strongest knee-caps she's ever seen in a Toy breed and her muscles are very formed, siad to keep up the hiking and running, they think it's great.  She said same thing our last vet said, Poodles are hearty breeds but people tend to baby the tiny ones.  Now, trying to keep her still is going to be something...we carried her on a walk last night after dinner...we jogged and her head was bouncing up and down but she was in hog heaven...lol.  I'll have to do that in the mornings too...because she still wants to go!I

I'm loving Alexa(the Echo)!  I use it all the time, I think it's going to be a second to my cell phone where I don't know how I managed without one.  I get the weather and news every morning, play songs all day, etc.  

Hope MickD is okay.  nomless...you're on a roll!  Laura...glad your back is better.  bopper...dress is perfect, any more would be too much for MOG imo...classic and elegant is always in good taste. 

Going to do Pilates reformer and walk with my gf this morning...so I know I'll at least get 6 miles in with her..and she likes doing the hills too.  I did some speed-work yesterday and my thigh muscles are sore...and my back is sore from kettlebells...not sure what's up with that. 

Honored Contributor

@Iluvlucy wrote:

Happy Friday everyone!  I went to Costco yesterday after the gym...got some velvet sheets like the Berkshire ones...they're wonderful and only $30!!  I may go get another set but want to see what they offer for the upcoming Berkshire TSV. 

Back to the vet with Lucy, she fell on the hardwood floor(went to jump on ottoman, slipped on hardwood, didn't make ottoman, fell back on floor and splayed out) and pulled a muscle.  So she's on doggie Advil.  Vet said she has the strongest knee-caps she's ever seen in a Toy breed and her muscles are very formed, siad to keep up the hiking and running, they think it's great.  She said same thing our last vet said, Poodles are hearty breeds but people tend to baby the tiny ones.  Now, trying to keep her still is going to be something...we carried her on a walk last night after dinner...we jogged and her head was bouncing up and down but she was in hog heaven...lol.  I'll have to do that in the mornings too...because she still wants to go!I

I'm loving Alexa(the Echo)!  I use it all the time, I think it's going to be a second to my cell phone where I don't know how I managed without one.  I get the weather and news every morning, play songs all day, etc.  

Hope MickD is okay.  nomless...you're on a roll!  Laura...glad your back is better.  bopper...dress is perfect, any more would be too much for MOG imo...classic and elegant is always in good taste. 

Going to do Pilates reformer and walk with my gf this morning...so I know I'll at least get 6 miles in with her..and she likes doing the hills too.  I did some speed-work yesterday and my thigh muscles are sore...and my back is sore from kettlebells...not sure what's up with that. 

@Iluvlucy  I didn't know you had a poodle!  My two dogs were poodles but miniatures not the toy breeds.  My sister has a toy poodle right now.  They are lovely dogs and I miss my baby girl every day.  Her birthday is coming up again in a few weeks.  

Speaking of which, I have been going back and forth with myself about buying the echo dot for my nephew who is turning 13 in a few weeks.  I'm not sure if he would love it or if I should stick with the soccer gear I got him.  I'm fighting with myself.  Everyone that talks about it loves it.  I was thinking it might be a good gift for a young kid too and I'll save the soccer gear for Christmas.  

I am beyond tired today and I still have no pillows.  My EDD was yesterday and it only shipped yesterday so I'm not getting a good night's rest QVC.  Hint, hint.

I LOVE my velvet sheets.  I didn't know Bershire was having another TSV.  You know everything before I do.  I have two sets of the Berkshire sheets and I am in love.  It's finally cooled down at night here so I am luxuriating in comfy coziness.  Would do a lot better if I had my pillows QVC.  Hint, hint.  Smiley Happy

Everyone have a great Friday!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lucy, it's good Lucy is ok. She's a trooper. Laura, Lucy's Lucy is so cute. She posted a photo when they got her. Black face, white body, IIRC.

Workout done. Today is lovely...64 temp, sunny and the birds are singing. It feels like a spring day.

I love those sheets, too. I can't buy more though since I have perfectly good flannel and fleece sheets, too. I need to use those and wear them out so I can justify getting more furry ones. Love 'em.

Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

Lucy, it'seems good Lucy is ok. She's a trooper. Laura, Lucy's Lucy is so cute. She posted a photo when they got her. Black face, white body, IIRC.

Workout done. Today is lovely...64 temp, sun and th3 birds are singing. It feels like a spring day.

I love those sheets, too. I can'tell buy more though since I have perfectly good flannel and feel even sheets, too. I need to use those and wear them out so I can justify getting more furry ones. Love 'em.

@nomless  That's my sister's dog!  She has a white toy poodle with a black face.  I'll post a pic.  They might be long lost siblings.  

Honored Contributor

This is my sister's dog.  

Roxy.jpg

Respected Contributor

Aw, what a cutie. Looks a bit like Lucy. I think her nose is black, also, but I don't remember for sure.

I fixed all the typos in my post. The new auto-complete is stupid and I can't turn it off. Grr.

Respected Contributor

Hi, I'm late, for some reason I thought I already posted.   I did treadmill and TG today and walked Logan on the trail, it was warmer than yesterday but very very windy and is very windy tonight.  I'm even afraid we'll lose power, it's that windy.  Much warmer than last night though.  When I got up it was 33 outside.  It's 50 now.

My son took my Gd to a haunted hay ride tonight.  He said it was scary for him and lots of screaming haha...I don't think I'd do well with that.   

Iluvlucy I hope Lucy feels better, poor little girl!  I want to try those sheets.  Wish we had a Costco here but we don't.  I"ll wait for the TSV the end of the month.

Nomless glad you got your workout in.  I could never forget to eat.  It's all I think about hahah

Laura hope you have a good weekend and wish those pillows would come for you.  I don't understand why some stuff stays in process for so long and yet you can't cancel. 

Watching baseball now, can't wait for the World Series!

Enjoy your evening!

Valued Contributor

Laura...No Way!!!  Yes, Lucy is black and white Parti...she is much more mixed than Roxie(adorable!!!)....her face is black, but jaw is white and a little old lady patch on the top of her head, then her body is mixed..with black spots.  I wish I knew how to post a picture..I'll try!

We were never poodle people...but our last girl, Zoe, was a Westie-poo and we loved how smart and quirkie she was...and VERY well-behaved.  I couldn't find any Westie-poo's and my very close gf kept telling me to look at poodles, said they are their favortie dog. 

I was looking at Recues and next thing I know, we have Lucy.  It was meant to be.  My husband thinks she's the greatest dog on the face of this planet...haha! 

Let me see if I can figure out how to post a picture again(wow, nomless, you have a great memory)!!! 

Roxie is so sweet!!!

Valued Contributor

11051887_10206431388172980_6887246439450643755_n.jpg

Valued Contributor

11987181_10207544904370189_7174303041345821189_n.jpg