Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the March Exercise Thread

Unbelievable!  I received by Big Book of Yoga today.  I just ordered it yesterday afternoon.  Actually a little less than 24 hours.  I peruse it later.  Beautiful cover.

@bopper, yes this is a beautiful group.  I lurked awhile before I ventured in, lol.  Most of the QVA posters are.

The visit to the nutritionist was great.  She talked about good carbs and bad, the about to eat per day and portion size.  Of course my husband couldn't believe what a portion size looked like.  I laughed.  He's never dealt with small portions before.  Years ago he did the Atkins diet with me and lost about 20 lbs but with Atkins, all you have to do is eat more protein and no fruit or sweets.  Well, you're supposed to eat non-starchy veggies but he didn't.  He ate almost none.  He stayed in ketosis and lost more than me.  This healthy diet will be a challenge.  We'll start next week.  He told the nutritionist that he had to visit the bakery for donuts first, lol.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I'm prepared mentally and physically for a good workout day.

Enjoy everybody.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Good Morning, Super windy here this morning, about 33.

Going to do Reformer and Yoga this morning, then making a couple casseroles.  One to bring to my dad.  I find when my sisters and myself make extra meals he eats better.  Not that he isn't a terrific cook as he is but sometimes he gets in a rut like we do and doesn't always eat well.

Tomorrow I have my GD coming afternoon and evening and the same for Thursday so that will keep me busy.   She's almost walking by herself but not quite, she thinks it's faster to crawl there hahaha

Foxxie My books are on their way.  But not like yours.  I ordered on Sunday, and they are saying by the 24th so hopefully.

Have a great day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Foxxie, I'missed sorry you got snarked. So irritating. It's so nice we have none of it here in our friendly group. Glad the appt with the nutritionist went well. I hope DH will make himself stay on board. Believe it or not, last week I was wondering how he was doing on the new program.

Enjoy your yoga books, Foxxie and Bopper. I would like the set of DDP Yoga workout dvds. I keep watching for a good price on eBay.

I watched DWTS, Bopper. Of course, I'm particularly interested in David Ross, beloved by all Cubs fans. His dance was very cute, he did a good job. I hope Cubs fans vote to keep him around awhile. I figured he'd get razzing for doing the show from other Cubs, so it was fun to see the Cubs were watching down in training camp. Nice touch. 

Back to work today. Hope your day is a good one.

Honored Contributor

Did 33 min/2.5 mi on the treadmill.  Gotta take my flat-coated retriever to the groomer for a wash and cut.  She and my other dog got skunked a few nights ago.  

@Mmsfoxxie I am sorry that you got "snarked".....it happens and it is not you....it's the other person. (It has happened to me ....last year on this thread in fact....not any of you guys....ignore and move on.) A lot of personality disorders out there....my personal fav is borderline.....one used to live across the street.....what a nightmare!

Have a great Tuesday!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the support ladies.  Yeah, stuff happens.  Two years or so go that happened to me and I don't post to her anymore because the snark really hurt because we were close.  She and I had posted on a soap spoiler site for a long time and one day she got on there and out of the blue accused me of stealing her spoilers and telling another thread the spoilers.  I told her that I read spoilers on several sites and did share but to my knowledge I didn't share hers.  She told me that I had to choose if I wanted to post on 'her' thread or the other one. (She didn't get along with the person on the other thread but I posted on both).  I chose the other one because I was done with her.   She did say later that I could stay on 'her' thread but I declined.  Both of these ladies are into it with someone often, especially the one from Sunday.

@MickD,  nutcase right across from you?  Ugh!!

@bopper, maybe Amazon has a distributor in the Chicago area....less than 24hour delivery is almost unheard of.  They've done it before but usually around Christmas.  Usually I get second day delivery.

@nomless, be mindful of your feet t work.  I hope I'm not confusing you with @Iluvlucy and her calluses, lol.  Lord, my memory is semi gone.  Thank you Lord for allowing me to have something retention left, lol.

DWTS was pretty good last night.  Some seasons aren't so great.  I didn't know post of the people but it's off to a good start.  Bye bye Chris or Mr. T, lol.

I had a very good workout day!  Two mile walk, sculpt/tone class and my flexibility class.  Had over 10,000 activity points before I got home.  Woo, woo!

This post is long but one more thing....when I got home this morning, hubby thought I had also stopped at the store.  Well, I told him I was going grocery shopping today but at the time I wasn't thinking about my long morning atnthe fitness center.  So I say, ok, lets both go so that you can get what you like.  He didn't want to go.  If I didn't know better, I'd think he married me so that he wouldn't have to grocery shop.  Just kidding, lol.  So then I told him...let's look at your list of acceptable food choices and I'll shop tomorrow.  "Oh, just choose what's good".  Mind you, he doesn't like veggies.  I'm going to strangle that man, lol.  I guess this isn't going to be easy.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wow you've had your share of nut-cases!  I just happened to see my ex-neighbor's (the borderline ) ex-husband at the grocery store.....weird. He was in the check out line in front of me....I could not place him, until he left.....

My husband loves to grocery shop......he comes home with a lot of stuff that we don't need like sausages, lunch meats, weird cheeses, stuff in the bargain bin......I tell him - stick to the list!

You had a rockin workout today.....excellent job!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

@Mmsfoxxie wow you've had your share of nut-cases!  I just happened to see my ex-neighbor's (the borderline ) ex-husband at the grocery store.....weird. He was in the check out line in front of me....I could not place him, until he left.....

My husband loves to grocery shop......he comes home with a lot of stuff that we don't need like sausages, lunch meats, weird cheeses, stuff in the bargain bin......I tell him - stick to the list!

You had a rockin workout today.....excellent job!!

@MickD I've been meaning to tell you that I love your signature, lol.

Hubby will stop by a store to pick up an item or two for himself or if I ask but shopping the whole store..no.  Before we were married, we shopped together most of the time but it was for his house and I wasn't living here then.    If we're coming from someplace and we happened to need to shop, he'll go in with me.

This is my second marriage and we were in our late fifties when we got married.  Courted for three years.  Word to the wise.....old men are set in their ways, lol.  Probably old women, too but I'm not claiming it as much as I'm labeling him, lol.  The good thing about me is I don't beat my head against a wall.  His basics are good and decent so I try not to sweat the small stuff.  Well, not more than a minute or two.  Life is short and I'm enjoying it as much as I can.

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie I could never marry again.....I've trained this one for to dang long!  Good for you on your second leash on life!  I have one son ....17....so hence the siggy.....they drive me insane.......I get my own time during the day when they're gone...and that's it!

Honored Contributor

@bopper, while watching the news, I just heard that Amazon has a book store on the north side of Chicago.  I live in a far southern suburb of Chicago.  So, that's how my book got here in less than 24 hours.