Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the March Exercise Thread

@Iluvlucy, in my eagerness to write my last post, I didn't see yours.

Yes, when your kids are sick, you're sick too, essentially.  It's forever on your mind, no matter what their ages are.  My oldest is almost 50 and I still worry about him if my daughter in law calls and tells me things that he won't tell me.  Your kids are your kids forever.

I sure hope you can find a medication that has less side effects than that shot.  Unfortunately, they all have side effects.  A few years ago, one of my doctors suggested that I take a medication for my arthritis.  Well, I researched it and read medical reviews on it and I declined it because the side effects were really bad, mainly stomach issues that sometimes required surgery.  Trading one bad condition for another.  No thank you.

I hope you find a more body friendly medication.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Hello, everyone.  Boy, you ladies are good.....keeping up your exercise routines.  And in such fun ways, too.  Rebounding....wow.  Bad weather, so I stayed in again.  Tomorrow is supposed to be the real snowy day.  I exercised just enough to feel like I did something. Almost 11,000 step...moderately busy.

@nomless, there is a new character in one of my soaps named Coco.  We don't like her yet and just the other day I told a fellow poster that Coco sounded like a dogs name.  Maybe I was remembering your Coco, lol.

Hubby was quiet today after his 'adventure', lol.  Tomorrow I'll give him my keys to have duplicates made.  And he needs to have another extra car key made which will cost a few hundred bucks I think.  It's a BMW.  Even an oil change is expensive.  

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Morning all, We are not getting the snowstorm for once thankfully but we are cold at 14 degrees this morning and only a trace of light snow overnight.

Wiill do Pilates this morning and treadmill and then hair appt. and then babysitting my 1 year old granddaughter, and again tonight...so that's my story and I'm stickin to it!  LOL

Praying everyone on the east coast stays safe and warm and stay off the roads!  

Have a blessed day!

Honored Contributor

Whoa!  Hold on Mother Nature, stop!  Yesterday was no accumulation; in fact, the snow stopped by evening nod I don't think it snowed last night.  Looked out early this morning.  Nothing.  Looked out an hour later and I see thes big fat flakes coming down.  Now, it's heavily with a forecast of all day.  Another inside day for me, except for shoveling.  I actually don't mind shoveling, if it's not too heavy and the temperature is not in the teens or below.

Im debating canceling my knee injection for tomorrow.  The doctor's office is in Indiana which although close to me, might have worse accumulation because they get more lake effect snow.  You can literally go over the the Indiana border and have completely different weather conditions.  The appointment isn't an emergency.  As long as the cancellation is within 24 hours of the appointment, I'm good.  Otherwise, they will charge me a fee.

@bopper, your doing great focusing on your Pilates and other exercises.  Actually, you lol are.  I'm getting lazy.  I'm mentally working on it. 

Honored Contributor

Well, I just shoveled the driveway.  About six inches so far.  Funny how the driveway got bigger overnight, lol.  I was sweating bullets but my fingers got cold and stiff.  That was round one.  Round two later cause it's still coming down.  I hate to admit it but it's beautiful outside.

Honored Contributor

Did 2.5 mi/33 min on the treadmill.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone...it's Hump Day again.  And it's a mess here, black ice and accidents all over.  40 mph winds...ugh.  Everyone is delayed or cancelled except Fed Govt so dh has to go in.  Yesterday was a mess too with sleet and wind on top of the snow...but he had a 3-hour delay.  

nomless...glad Coco is better.  I used the pill-pockets for Zoe's chemo pill, she loved them.  I was in PetSmart with my gf on Monday, I should have picked some up for Lucy's antibiotic she's on...duh! 

MickD...I forgot you in my last post, not intentional.  You're post in response to my week cracked me up.  Is the grout finished?

bopper...hope your hairdid turned out and you had fun with your gd.  I need to make an appt for mine too, keep forgetting.  Lucy's is on Monday. 

Mmsfoxxie...our shoveling was very heavy, had an inch of sleet/ice on top of the snow.  Then we got warmer yesterday so a lot melted, then windchill of 7* this morning so it's all ice again.  My gf's friend is here from CA, they still have 20-FEET on the ground...can't even imagine it...been that way for 2 months too.  She had to get away for a while but then we're a mess now too with all this ice and wind. 

I did 8 miles yesterday, it was one of my best runs/walks since being here.  I went out at the perfect time too...sleet had turned back to snow, wind wasn't as crazy, other than right along the water...saw so many woodpeckers, cardinals, deer, etc...I really enjoyed it.  I did a yoga work-out and tried something a little too advanced and darn near busted my butt...lol!  Have to work on that one. Smiley Wink 

That reminds me, I fell off my Pilates box Saturday...I lean back with my feet and legs in the air to work my abs while I do my strength reps which also makes you have to work on your balance...I pushed myself so was tired and let go before I should have released the tension and the sled snapped back..I flipped backwards right off the box, literally head over heels onto my head/neck. DH was doing push-ups facing me so saw the whole thing...of course. Smiley Tongue

Not sure what today holds other than I have to do weights...maybe some rowing, jump-rope, and treadmill intervals.  Not going out with all the ice and wind.  DS is at work and said it's all ice there too. 

Honored Contributor

@Iluvlucy, I like the way you can remember to remark on what everyone has talked about.  The only post I usually remember is the one still on my page, lol.

After reading your post, I've decided that I don't need to workout today.  I'm tired just thinking about all you did, lol.  Kidding, of course.  I haven't been to my fitness center since Friday for various reasons.  As of right now, I think the weather is stable enough to go out.  Hubby just left so if it's slick out there, he'll call me to let me know.

I cancelled my knee injection appointment since I wasn't sure how it was going to be today.  Cancelling at the last minute would mean, I'd have to pay a cancellation fee.  Right now today, my knee feels ok.  You never know with osteoarthritis, it's very fickle.  Gee, I'd love to have your bones @Iluvlucy.

Hi, @bopper@MickD@nomless and anyone that I missed.  Laura14, hi to you and I hope all is well with you.  When an active poster suddenly totally disappears, I worry a little. 

Enjoy your day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Happy Wednesday all,  just got home from shopping and running errands for dad.  It's a chilly day again, its the wind, the temp isn't bad its 28 but the wind cuts through you. 

I'll be doing Pilates this afternoon and possibly bike, not sure.  

Foxxie good call canceling, if the roads are bad there is no sense and trying to risk that.  I wondered how the roads were here this morning, it was dark when I was getting ready to go but they were salted.  I'm always glad to get home.  

Can you believe in Walmart there are 26 checkouts right, only 1 open!  Seriously what is up with that.  It's ridiculous, there were 5 people in front of me with full carts.  

Lucy good job as usual, and glad you were able to get out in between the ice/sleet.  Did you get hurt falling off the box?   Holy cow!   That would shock the system  LOL 

Nomless are you okay, your missing?   

MickD good job on the milage!  Doing great!

Laura how are the animals, any trail walks?  

Waving to everyone I have forgotten!   Have a blessed day!

Honored Contributor

@bopper, it's not just Walmart that's like that these days.  But I can remember when Walmart and Target always had several checkers available to wait on you.  Sign of the times.  

Grocery stores have a lot of checkers on the weekend but through the week, only one is at the register until management sees a long line.  Then they might call for another one to open.

Theyre teaching us patience, I guess.