Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the March Exercise Thread

Bopper, I'm sorry I missed Bob's interview. I hope docs can figure out what needs to be done to reduce the possibility of another attack. Scary that things happen no matter how well we take care of ourselves.

Lucy, bummer about your friend who broke her foot after all that training.

Mick, good job!

Hi, Bopper. I hope the plane's delay was a short one. A cranky one year old would be a handful.

Last night, Coco was acting like she has a UTI so I took her to the vet today. I was right. She's now on a med for two weeks. I was so happy that I had today off work so it was easy to get her to the vet. So much better than trying to schedule a vet visit around a full time job. 

I'm enjoying Q's silver day, like QVC of old. A nice change from vacs, bed, and computers. I ordered a couple of things I saw online. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Omg, yesterday in Illinois was awful with tornadoes going through in some places.  I was blessed to only get torrential rain and winds that only lasted a few hours.

@Iluvlucy, what a day your friend and her mother had.  Plans ruined.  I hope they both recover quickly.  I can't run but I like 5k walks cause I can do them.

Traveller's mercies for your dil @bopper.  Florida should be nice weatherwise.

Hi, @nomless and @MickD and everyone.

Well, by this morning the rain had stopped but it was extremely foggy so I exercised at home.  Also, lots of places had excess water on the streets so I decided to use caution and stay in.  Pictures on the news were horrible.  One poor lady that I saw on tv, decided to drive through what she thought was a slight puddle and she and her baby had to be rescued.  I'm sure she has car damage, too.  Water can be your friend or your enemy.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Morning everyone, just finished up Pilates Reformer and Treadmill intervals.   Yesterday was terrible here, ice, snow, wind.   Tons of head on accidents.  My son was 2 minutes behind a severe one and we heard there was a 1 year old involved in one of the cars.  My GD is 1  Smiley Sad     The plane delays were a nightmare.   They ended up having to drive to another town to get a different flight and then Detroit had delays because of wind.   She was traveling with a 1 year old and her 11 year old daughter since 9 am and didn't get to FL until 11:30.   I'm so glad they are finally there!

We just got a plow!   I wondered if they were coming at all!

Nomless I hope Shadow feels better and glad you are home today.  

Foxxie  I saw the damage from the terrible tornados and storms, and lots of hail damage too.  Smart move to stay home!

Laura hi and waving to you!

SanFran girl how is the training going for your half marathon?

Lucy enjoy your weekend and trip!

Have a good day everyone!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

nomless....I hope Coco is on the mend.  Some cats sure are prone to UTI's...Kat never had them and Kit has had many. 

Mmsfoxxie...glad you are safe!  Saw the devastation on the news.

bopper...horrible about that accident.  Glad they made it safely.

We're heading out this morning.  Wednesday we were 80*(DC broke a record at 85*) and this morning we have snow on the ground.  The race is going to be cold but better than hot.

Wed I did weights(heavier than I have been) then Barre...and found out you're supposed to sign up for Barre 48-hours in advance!  When I joined, I asked if there are any classes that you had to sign up for...the guy said "SPIN"...that was it!  I guess you're supposed to get a ticket to reserve your space at the bar....no one had ever mentioned it before nor did I ever see an instructor ask for tickets.  I hadn't even seen a ticket...until  Wed.  How embarrassing...sure hope I never took someone's space at the bar that had a ticket(it gets crowded so you have to use the bare wall if the bar is all filled up)!  Smiley Tongue  They were cracking up that I'd actually taken Barre before though and was clueless...one lady was a little snooty about it.  Oh well, you don't know what you don't know! 

Yesterday I did a full-body weights/pilates/yoga workout that has me sore from head to toe and I'm not kidding..some of it is probably from Wed though.  Even my neck muscles and the muscles up the back of my head are sore...calves, butt cheeks, back, abs, biceps, delts, etc.  

Leaving town this morning...don't think I'm taking my laptop so won't be on.  Saves me money too...lol!  DS has his infusion today, he's had a rough week.  We're going to stay with them since the race is about an hour from their house. 

Heading out with DH now for a few quick miles, stretch out the sciatica.  Have a great weekend everyone!! 

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Enjoy your trip, @Iluvlucy.

Whew!  Where did yesterday go?  Every time that I tried to post here, I couldn't sign in.  Happens to me a lot and as I read from someone else's post on another thread, it might be because I'm on my iPad.  I rarely post on my computer even during the day.  My computer is fickle, lol.  Takes forever to come on and yesterday, a sign and a voice told me that a virus was on it and that I needed to call the number on the screen and said to delay would mean that my credit info was going to be taken.  Scary but a while back this happened, too.  I knew not to call the number because they ask you to pay them I knew from previous googling.  I immediately turned it off.  It wouldn't let me shut down.  Later that night I got back on because I had to charge my Fitbit.  I went online and there was no sign of the invasion.  I never do my finances on that computer, though.

Anyway, today is the birthday of one of my twins!  One was born on the third, 11:55 pm and one was born on the 4th of March, 12:15 am.  Where did the 39 years go.  One lives in Hawaii and one lives in San Diego.  I have a third son, who will be 50 on march 31st.  I'll have to call one of the twins today and the other one tomorrow. They are identical twins but their life choices turned out very differently.  But that's a story for another day, lol.

My knees are feeling good so I know I'm going to have a great workout.  I called my orthopedic doctors office Monday (I think it was) to see if it's time for another knee injection. The right knee gives me the most trouble but he does most knees because of how insurance works.  The left one has cartilage lost, too, so rather than come in a couple of months later, it's cheaper just to do both.

My appointment is on the 15th but I have to see the doctor before I know if I can get the same treatment, SynVis One which is an injection in each knee rather than other types which would require a series of THREE painful injections.  I think one a week.  Nope, I won't buy that one very easily.... painful.  This will be my third time having injections which have worked really well.  Unfortunately, they give you a little more pain for a week or two, then, bam, things get better.  They last about a year for me, whereas, most only get a6 month benefit.  The right knee is almost bone to bone, unfortunately.  The receptionist made my appointment later than I wanted because, this time, they need to check and double check what my insurance will pay for.  It could be that they don't pay for Synvis One anymore which is the more expensive treatment.  I'm having an insurance depression moment, Ladies, as I'm sure a lot of us are.

Enjoy your day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Lucy, have a great trip. I hope DS is ok.

Bopper, what a nasty storm. Thank goodness you all are OK.

Foxxie, I'm like you....nothing important is on my computer. Good luck with those knees.

No news here. So far, Coco has beenough fairly good about letting me pill her. I try to catch her by surprise and do it quickly. This morning, I'very been messing with my books. A friend is culling her collection and sent me some that I want to read. Problem is I have no place to put them, so I'm trying to cull my collection to make space. Ugh. But, a good problem to have, IMO.

Wishing a great day to all.

Honored Contributor

A quick good morning, Ladies?  What a gloomy day outside!  But that's ok....I going to make my own sunshine.  Zumba and walking are on my schedule today.  Right now I'm debating whether to leave early and grocery shop or wait until tomorrow morning.  Decisions, decisions.  I have a taste for some chili for tomorrow.  We have leftovers for today.  I love making chili because unless you freeze it, you dinner for at least 3 days and the taste gets better each day.

Have a great healthy, happy and safe day!, 

Respected Contributor

Good Morning, it's extremely windy here.  Getting ready to do Pilates, just been reading the Sunday paper and drinking my coffee.  Taking a slow relaxing morning with the hubby and Logan.  

I'm ready for Baseball season to start, that's my sport....

I didn't buy a thing on fashion day, I didn't hardly watch either, things are too high priced and I can find it cheaper locally if I choose too.   

Mmsfoxxie I love chili and agree it's hard to make a small batch!  We had pancakes last night.  We sometimes have breakfast for dinner!

Lucy how did the race go?  Is there much snow there?

Nomless is your weekend going okay?   Are you still doing your KB dvd?  I havent' used my kettlebells for a long time now.   I may order the Vionic insoles and see if they help with my feet.  Have you tried them?

Well I guess it's time to head to the Pilates machine, have a great day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Hi, all. Happy Sunday.

Warm weather here. Nice. I think it will be in the 70's the next few days.

I spent yesterday figuring out how to organize piles of stuff that's piling up all over. We recently got a Container Store here, and I went for the first time yesterday. Oh, my, what a fun store. I got a folding bookcase to put in the entry near the kitchen and pretty boxes with drawers to store odds and ends .... mail, coupons, recipes, etc. Library books on one shelf, puzzle books on another. Finally, a place to put stuff that was cluttering my dining table and sofa table. It cost more than I wanted to spend, but doesn't everything? But worth the expense to solve a problem that's been bugging me for months.

Bopper, I haven't done any KB workouts recently, but I'm happy to have them and still love Paul Katami. His DVD workouts are terrific. Using my chair some.

Foxxie, chili sounds good. I haven't made it recently. Might do so next time it gets cold.

Honored Contributor

Top of the morning to everyone!  It's gonna be around 60 degrees today!  Light jacket weather.  Yesterday was nice but I wore my mid weight coat.  No complaints from me, though, this whole winter season.  I'm still hoping that there is no end of March sudden snowstorm.  I'm not anxious to try out my QVC Snow Joe shovel that I bought in December when it was a TSV, lol.

Made my chili and it was quite good, if I say so myself, lol.

@nomless, your Container Store sounds like a store we have or used to have here called Crate and Barrel.  I only went in once many years ago and they have/had just the kind of stuff you mentioned.  Cost an arm and a leg which is why I only went once. With so many stores disappearing, I wouldn't be surprised if they are gone.  It was downtown in Chicago and only in the high end malls like Orlando Mall in Orlando Park, Illinois.

Wow, these weeks are going fast.  In May, my husband will be 70. And right behind him in August, I'll be 70. Whew!!  I remember when my mother was 70 and I thought she was so old, lol.  She had lots of health problems, though.  Legally blind from advanced glaucoma, early dementia and unbeknownst to us, osteoarthritis when is why when she fell on my carpet, she broke her hip.

I have glaucoma but thanks to good health care and regular eye exams, I caught mine early.  I have osteoarthritis, too but unless I fall in a strange way, my bones will be ok.  It's these darn knees that are a minor concern.  I'm keeping on top of it so, not much of a worry.

Monday is my senior express cardio class, weight training andif my bones say so, I'll add my walk into the mix.  Monday's and Tuesday's are my favorite workout days until the spring schedule comes out.

Enjoy your day and be SAFE ladies.