Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the March Exercise Thread

[ Edited ]

Glad you got your book so fast Msfoxxie, it talks about not eating 2 hours before if it makes you nauseous.  Hope you get yours today Bopper, they are very informative and have great reviews.  Very useful...no doubt you both will enjoy them.

I've been having issues since we went out to dinner Saturday night, guess I can't even do that anymore.  Had trouble breathing Sunday night, almost went to ER...that's scary. 

I was driving to Pilates yesterday morning when I realized I messed up the time...I was thinking it was at 9 but it's at 10 on Tuesdays...I did strength head to toe(with heavy legs) on Monday so I couldn't even do weights...ended up doing 5 miles and stairs instead, then took some jeans back to the Macy's and did a little shopping. 

I checked my email yesterday afternoon and had one they sent in the morning saying the gym was closed because of a power-outage so it worked out good that I didn't go....then in the evening someone posted my gym was on fire!  I guess a transformer blew and there was a fire, no one was injured.  Today is weights and my Barre class so that isn't happening but they said we can use a gym in the town next to us.  I've just never been there..no idea how to get there and need to look up their schedule.  It's kind of a drive. 

DH had his sleep study last night...he's already home, showered, and back on the road. 

Hope your feet are better nomless....is Coco done with her antibiotics?  MickD...I would have wanted it all ripped out instead of scrubbing all of that...lol! 

Valued Contributor

p.s.  I had trouble signing in, wouldn't let me earlier.  Kept saying I needed to add a new password again.  I already did that once from Ppprmntpatty to Iluvlucy.  Then it kept taking me to my order status! 

Anyway, going to check out the other gym's schedule and see what they offer.  Have a great day everyone! 

Honored Contributor

@Iluvlucy, I remember that name...ppprmntpatty!

Glad you have an alternative place to workout.  We have that email system, too.  Sad, though, when the issue at hand happens while you're then.  Las month there was a water thingy that broke nearby.  Suddenly no showers available, water fountains stopped and the worst was the toilets couldn't flush.  Imagine that with hundreds or more people there.

I woke up to good news this morning.  My daughter in law in Hawaii Messengered me to tell me that they are giving the expected baby my middle name as the baby's middle name.  The first name will be from her deceased mother's name.  I feel so honored!!  It will be the first girl in the family.  I have three sons, four grandsons and one great grandsons!  I predicted and girl for her and the tests Monday verified it.  Oh, joy, joy!!  I might have to make that eight hour trip to Hawaii, lol.

@Iluvlucy, I've had trouble signing in for weeks, especially in the morning.  I read in Customer Care or someplace that QVC is aware of it and it's being worked on.

Hello, everybody.  Enjoy your day.  I'm getting my taxes done this morning (yuck) but I'm on cloud nine in spite of it.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Morning all, almost noon.   I had a lot or errands to do this morning, so just sat down and put it all away.   

Lucy I'm having the same issue, I sign in and it takes me to the order status page too.  It's been like that for a few days when I sign in.    I hope you feel better, that had to be very scary with trouble breathing, and how discouraging for you.   Have you decided to do that shot?   Glad the gym didn't burn down, wow!   I hope DH"s sleep study went okay for him and DS is doing alright with all his studying , DIL enjoying her time in Italy too.

MickD nice job on your workouts, your getting it done.  Have you been on your trail?

Nomless how's the feet?   I ordred some of the Copperfit Socks from HSN, I hope I like them but I needed socks anyways and it came to like 3$ a pair which isn't bad.

Foxxie congratulation on the little girl arriving in the beautiful state of Hawaii, and what a huge honor to have your middle name.   That 's beautiful.  

I have happy news too, I'm going to be a grandma again!!!  Yes I have known for over 2 months but not allowed to say anything.  They wanted to be sure she was past the point of something going wrong, not to say it couldn't happen after that but the first trimester is critical.   My son flew back from his Spring training to go to her Ultrasound and everything looks good and heart beat was good.  We're so excited.  They will find out next week what they are having.  He will miss a lot of her pregnancy because of his work so when he has days off he will fly home to go to her appts.  At least now he has a schedule and he knows when his days off are so they can plan the appointments around that if the time permits.   It was so cute, he sent us a box, and he said to not open it until they facetimed us.   So we think okay, a little gift right?   Well low and behold in the box is a pacifier, and 2 little heart notes, one saying "you may need this incase we forget ours when we visit"  and the other said " baby arriving late Fall"   Needless to say we all cried!   I have wanted to share my news for a while but they said no, not until this last ultrasound so now they said we could share.  

Well speaking of grandchildren, Maddie my 1 year old is coming at 1 so I have some things I need to get done before she comes, she's totally got me wrapped around her finger and she is cutting 5 teeth at once, poor little thing!  

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Honored Contributor

Awww, @bopper.  How sweet the way that was done, sending you a box.  Congratulations!  We will be renewed grandmas around the same time.

I ordered the Copperfit socks.  They're nice but nothing outstanding but you'll like them.  I ordered 2 sets about 2 months ago when they were a Today's Special or whatever they call it over there.  Just the right thickness for working out. 

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey everyone, where did the week go?

Congrats to both Msfoxxie and bopper....such wonderful news!  Yes, bopper, the kids were glad they hadn't announced it(other than parents) and weren't planning on it until after the untlra-sound which would have been past 1st trimester.  I think most do that now, not all though, personal choice and no right or wrong way.  My thoughts are, people that love you will rejoice as well as grieve, and they can't pray about what they don't know about.  Hope you had fun with M yesterday.

Mssfoxxie, Hawaii is a long flight.  I said I won't do it from the east coast again...not unless we stop in CA for a couple of days.  The last trip about did me in...we got stuck on the tarmac in Ohio on the way home...my sciatica was through the roof and I about had a meltdown.  We always upgrade to first class from CA to HI too, it's worth it.  My husband and I met there, my son was born there....great memories for us. 

DS had his finals this week....he has A+'s in his classes again....even with being sick. He has Neurology this semester though and that doesn't come as easy for him.  He's on spring break for 2 weeks so is working every single day and taking call as much as possible.

DH has his 2nd sleep-study tonight.  He already knows he has it so feels this is a waste of time.  His new doctors here don't believe he could have it because he isn't the typical person to have sleep apnea...they said normally they have fat necks, are overweight, not in good shape, etc., and he's none of those.  But he does have it...his brother does too and he's 6 feet tall and 190 so not overweight for a man. 

My gym is closed until further notice.  The other two gyms sure don't have as good of classes as ours does!  Hardly any Barre offered at all.  I want to do Platform Barre, it's new and I love it from the little I've done...more cardio with it which is right up my alley. 

I've bought 4 new running skirts this week so I'm all set for summer.  I really like them...good for everything I do, running, biking, pilates, yoga, Barre, HIIT, kickboxing, etc...my running shorts are too short for classes like yoga and pilates as you're down on the ground with feet in the air a lot...lol. 

May take a break from social media for a while until I'm feeling better.  It's all I can do to work-out, but that's what keeps me sane.  I'm just trying to keep my head above water and to think we have another major move coming up and don't even have his orders yet...ugh.  Movers told us June is already booked.  Hopefully I'll be starting a new medicine today if it's in, that should help with the hives and itching. 

Respected Contributor

Grrr....looks like Q isn't going to fix the login issue. Guess they don't see it as a problem.  I suppose they want us to shop instead of have fun posting. I'm getting tired of the hassle of clicking to reply to a post, logging in, then having to navigate back here.

Congratulations, Foxxie and Bopper. Wonderful news!

Lucy, it's a shame your gym is closed. I wonder how long it will be until they can re-open. I wonder what will happen to the staff while they're closed.....no paychecks, I suppose. That will hurt. What a shame. Am confident your DS will do well 9n his exams. Hope DH gets answers from the sleep studies.

Hi, Mick. Enjoy your day.

SFGirl, how's your training going? When is the race? Cheering for you. 😊

Yesterday I was scrolling through TV channels and came upon NCIS. Immediately thought of Cosmetics. She loved that show. She has an enduring place in my heart. 

No news here. Temps back in the 40's and rainy, but as long as it's not snow, I'm happy. 

Valued Contributor

I keep forgetting to tell you guys this....keep remembering it later, then forget again and again to mention it.  We got the Nutri-system TSV in January and it was terrible!  I know some people don't mind it, but oh my word, we couldn't even eat it.  Yes, we knew prepackaged food wasn't going to be healthy or delicious, but we thought we'd each do 2 weeks worth for a jump-start....couldn't even do that.  Maybe it's because we don't eat that kind of food so it was especially bad for us, but it even made dh have stomach issues...I couldn't eat it at all, he tried it for a few days.  I have a couple of them left(gave rest away) for him to take to lunch once in a while to use up and he took one the other day and his stomach was upset and bloated for 2 days.  Bleck!  So if you're thinking of trying it, think long and hard...lol!  I don't know what we were thinking as we don't normally go for that kind of stuff at all...should have stuck to our guns. 

Lucy had a dog charge at her again this morning...off leash(and I don't mind out deep in the woods when no one else is around and you can see them coming, but not at the beginning of the trails by the road) and barreled right at her, hair sticking up 2-inches from neck to tail like he meant business.  I swung her in the air with her halter and leash until I could grap her in my arms.  The lady barely said a word....grrrrr.  I don't need that kind of stress right now, it makes me feel worse with this illness.  Histamine isn't the only thing released by my cells...cortisol is too so you get that fight or flight feeling very easily, and it sets off a chain of events.

Nomless, I can't tell you how many times I've thought of cosmetics this week!  It is so weird that you mentioned it, I saw something at the doctor's office Monday afternoon that reminded me of her too.  It still makes me sad.  I don't know about the gym staff, wondering if they can work at the other gyms but I highly doubt all of them.  I see one of my favorite instructors does teach at one of them anyway.  Water flooded into Marshall's next door and they had to close as well...I guess it was pretty bad.  One guy posted "the other 2 gyms are only 10 minutes away"....uh, no, they aren't!  Not for me anyway....one will take about 30 minutes to get to with traffic lights and such.  

Anyway, just wanted to mention the Nutri-system while I was thinking about it or I'll never do it.  It was 20* out and sunny this morning, perfect weather for me...I'm really not supposed to be in the sun or heat so I'm dreading us warming up.  Snow is almost all melted too, kind of surprised we still have some at all since it was 50* yesterday but it wasn't a warm 50*.  I saw a fox again this morning...took pictures but my phone camera makes them look farther away than they really are...so I did some video too but that wasn't any better. 

I need a new camera if anyone has any suggestions, I'd be interested.  Oh, I got my Shark Rocket...I have the older one, the head is smaller on the new one...grrr.  But I still like it.  So much for having "one more thing" to say....lol! 

Respected Contributor

Lucy, so sorry Lucy was charged. Thank goodness you were able to rescue her. Scary.

I tried Nutrisystem several years ago. I stuck with it for several weeks, but didn't lose any weight. Finally, I couldn't stand it any longer. I thought the food was awful.  All food had the same texture (mushy), and it all tasted the same. I couldn't detect much difference between flavor profiles such as Italian, southwest, etc. It sounds like things haven't changed in the intervening years. Sorry you were disappointed, 

Honored Contributor

Hello, ladies.  Hate NutriSystem food.  Had it years ago like you @nomless.

@Iluvlucy, I don't envy that big plate that you have.  Good luck to your son.  Sleep Apnea can be dangerous at times if I'm correct in what it is...stop breathing when asleep?  I knew a young lady once that had it but she was grossly over weight and she'd fall asleep and actually be heaving as she slept.  Her mother said that she had to check on her through the night.  I'm talking late seventies.

I guess I forgot but...you're moving Iluvlucy?  Hate moving but it's a good time to get rid of stuff.

I am putting my workout off til this evening.  The Center is doing a health seminar tonight called Just Dance For Your Health.  Can't wait to see exactly how that goes.  Besides instructional dancing there will be heart screening, blood glucose tests, bone density tests, BMI and blood oxygen levels checked.  Oh and refreshments.  Probably carrot juice, lol.  Hope it's not too crowded so that I can get as much out of it as I want.  I think I mentioned before that my fitness center is part of a hospital network and there's even physical therapy there.  I hate that things don't dark until six, though.

Have a great day everybody.