Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the March Exercise Thread

1:00PM Friday.

Hello All! Had to take a day off from walking as I pulled a muscle on the side of one of my bionic knees yesterday somehow.  It feels a bit better , but, yesterday I was limping all day After my walk. I kind of have to baby my joints real and artificial. Seems like if I over do it say climbing hills or walking fast I pay a price.  Anyhow, I hope to be back on schedule tomorrow!

@bopper  Love the pictures you share! Wow what a great workout on the bike!  Like I said before, you inspire me to do my best Smiley Happy

@Laura14 I am glad to hear your back pain is bit better.  How is your Fit Bit doing? Anymore dangerous dog walks? 

@Iluvlucy I hope you get moved in to your new digs soon so things calm down for you. Hubby and I lived in a Motel 8 for two weeks when we moved to Seattle 35 years ago, looking for a house to rent.  We had Two Irish Setters and two cats living in an old Datsun pickup we were towing behind the moving van. I felt like we were the Beverly Hillbillies Coming from the hicks of Idaho to Seattle where hubby got a job at Boeing. We  were in our 20's and in your 20's you can handle just about anything! 

I look back now at that situation and can only laugh!

Have a lovely evening everyone!  Take care!

Respected Contributor

Patty, I hope the house works out so you can land somewhere.  What's up with that realtor!?!?!!  Yay that DS is doing better, what great news!!

Bopper, you're doing well, good job!  Bet you had fun at the vet with Logan, lol.

SeaMaiden, here's hoping a day of rest helps your sore muscle.

Hi, Laura, glad you're sleeping better.

Hey, Tony, where ya been?  I hope things are good there.

No workout because I had to work late.  Grr.  I will not let this job grow into a full-time gig.  This morning I started tearing apart closet and drawers looking for a favorite T-shirt I couldn't find.  Then had to go to work.  When I got home, I looked some more and found it. Yay!  Then spent some time putting everything back, lol.

Respected Contributor

Morning, It's Fri-----yay----day!!!!!!!!!!!   Smiley Happy

Sun is out here and it's 30 and climbing...I think I may head outside to walk,,,yes I think I will! 

I'm online searching for a Mother of the Groom dress...since we have bad shopping here it's hard to find something and then it won't fit!

nomless sorry you didn't get a workout in yesterday but you will!   I know what you mean when you are looking for something and can't find it, ripping your room apart...been there done that LOL

Laura that is awesome your pain is less and you are using the Lo Bak,,,,

Tony waving to you!

SeaMaiden I hope your weekend goes good for you and you are feeling better with the sore muscle!

Patty aka Iluvlucy.... Sure hoping you find a house soon...I know your struggling in the hotel and it isn't easy with animals.   Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Okay I'm heading outside!   Be Well!

I'll remember this.:

Valued Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone! 

And sore I am bopper!  I hope you find a dress, you have plenty of time to look...anything yet?  Thanks....we're hoping to sign lease today. 

Lifted pretty hard again yesterday, did a tough circuit and didn't take breaks.  Ran a fast mile on the treadmill before weights, elliptical and rowed in between circuits and for cool-down, then we did quite a few miles walking with Lucy before gym and after on the trails.

seamaiden, we say we're Ma and Pa Kettle...lol.  We do this every couple of years so we have some "move" stories.  When you're in your 50's, it's time to settle down, living like gypsies is for the younger ones.  We lived by Seattle too, so we've done the coast-to-coast trip more than once...with 3 dogs and a toddler in tow. 

nomless, why do you say this isn't your job you're staying at?  I thought you liked it? Hope you get to work-out today!

Laura...where ya at?  I haven't had my Fitbit on since we moved, wish I would have yesterday.  I saw them laying mulch yesterday morning while running Lucy and thought of you. I'm allergic to it...ay.

We're going to go hiking today.  I may take a day off from weights, supposed to rain the next couple of days so I'll have plenty of time for gym then. 

Waving to everyone else...hope you're all doing well too. 

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone!   I feels like Spring here.  I'm kind of " Giddy"  Hahaha but truly it is 55 here....sun is shining.  I backed the vehicles out of the garage so it can dry out.  The floor is all wet, just from moisture and of course when we go through puddles they drip on the garage floor.  Want to go into my Spring totes and see what I can pull out and get all this drab winter stuff put away.  I'v over it  LOL

Did a fast 3.5 miles outside today and had a good calorie burn per my HR watch...may go on the deck and do some strength too after I get sheets out of the washer and get into those totes.  I am in diar need of workout shoes.  I can tell walking on pavement after walking on snow that my shoes don't have any cushioning and that's why my muscles are hurting..always happens when I walk on blacktop.  I have a hard time with shoes fitting right.  My 2nd toe is my longer toe and it usually touches the top of the shoe making it sore.  

Iluvlucy I hope I find a dress too.  The one I tried on on Tuesday just wasn't right.  It was OK, but not LOVE ya know.   I sent my son the picture of it and he liked it on me but I wasn't in love with it so I didn't get it.  We don't have any places other than bridal shops here to even look and you really have to try on.  I can't pay a forturne either so I can only shop online and return.  

Nomless hope you can get a workout in this weekend.  Anything is something so just do what you have time for.

I wear my Fitbit clipped on my workout  pants so today I'm putting on a light weight fleece to go outside and some how when I was adjusting it after getting it on it caught on my shirt and popped off somewhere in the living room.  Do you think I could find it?  I mean seriously I was breaking a bead trying to locate the stupid thing. I mean how far could it have gone to be disappeared?  It was crazy and I was getting so hot, finally I found it after tipping over chairs, looking under the couch.   It was semi clipped to my fleece shirt I had on which was also black so I didn't see it.  I felt it pop off my pants and it did but is somehow got clipped to the shirt...Yup that's me!  Hahha

Well need to get my sheets out of the washer and go see what's inside those totes.  Have a great weekend!

A poster with the quote "Make the rest of your life the best of your life.":

Respected Contributor

@Iluvlucy wrote:

Happy Saturday everyone! 

And sore I am bopper!  I hope you find a dress, you have plenty of time to look...anything yet?  Thanks....we're hoping to sign lease today. 

Lifted pretty hard again yesterday, did a tough circuit and didn't take breaks.  Ran a fast mile on the treadmill before weights, elliptical and rowed in between circuits and for cool-down, then we did quite a few miles walking with Lucy before gym and after on the trails.

seamaiden, we say we're Ma and Pa Kettle...lol.  We do this every couple of years so we have some "move" stories.  When you're in your 50's, it's time to settle down, living like gypsies is for the younger ones.  We lived by Seattle too, so we've done the coast-to-coast trip more than once...with 3 dogs and a toddler in tow. 

nomless, why do you say this isn't your job you're staying at?  I thought you liked it? Hope you get to work-out today!

Laura...where ya at?  I haven't had my Fitbit on since we moved, wish I would have yesterday.  I saw them laying mulch yesterday morning while running Lucy and thought of you. I'm allergic to it...ay.

We're going to go hiking today.  I may take a day off from weights, supposed to rain the next couple of days so I'll have plenty of time for gym then. 

Waving to everyone else...hope you're all doing well too. 

Hi, Patty.  Fingers crossed about the lease.  AI didn't mean to give the impression I'm unhappy about the job. It's all good except I was annoyed the other day when I had to put in extra time.  All I meant is there's plenty of work to be done, and of course my boss likes it when I put in extra hours.  So I need to be careful that I stick to my guns about working only 24 hours per week (that's the max I want to work) and not let it morph into a full-time job.  I'm not getting any pressure to work more, so that's good, but it's hard for me to walk out when my time is up when there's more work to be done.

Hi, Bopper, it's nice that you're getting hints that spring will arrive sometime.  It's a gentle rain here today.  I bet everything will be green tomorrow instead of brown.  Nice.

I did a lot of walking yesterday with mall browsing.  I haven't done that in ages.  I was kind of fun.  I'll check out the workout room today and get back in gear.  Also did sorting, tossing, shredding and took stuff to Good Will yesterday. Busy day but so nice to have time to do stuff like that.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Sunday to all.  It's a rainy day here...I like gentle spring rain.

I watched Piyo on Q last night.  Charlene just about convinced me to buy it.  I've spent this morning looking for feedback about the program.  About half the reviews on Amazon are good, half are not.  Criticisms are she works one side of the body more than the other, and it's heavy on planks and down dog resulting in wrist problems for some.  I checked the Beachbody forums and there are a lot of threads by coaches but little participation from customers.  I hat suggests this isn't a customer favorite.  I'm on the fence...plank work would be good for me, and I can certainly use flexibility work......

ETA....I decided to order it....Q's offervis good since s/h is included, and I'll benefit from some of it even if I don't like all of it.  Another positive is that there is a modifier you can follow if necessary.  

ETA...and then I cancelled my order.  If I'm going to try a modified yoga, better to go with DDP Yoga which has a proven track record.  I've been wanting DDP Yoga for more than a year, but am hesitant to order from the website because they don't accept PayPal, you have to give them all your info.  I've not seen any bad reports about the site but you never know.  So I've been watching eBay and Amazon for quite some time but the package I want (basic combo package) is seldom available, and when it is, it's way to expensive....higher than on the DDP Yoga site.  So, get this...I'm kicking myself....I checked eBay this morning, a new package that I want was just listed.  Yippee, I thought. The price was lower than website, but there's also a "best offer" option.  I've had good luck with that so decided to make an offer rather than buying outright, and shoot....minutes after I placed my offer, someone bought it so my offer was rejected.  I am so bummed.  What the heck was I thinking????  This item appears so infrequently, of course I should have bought it outright since the price was good.  It could be months before I see it again.  It really bugs me that DDP doesn't offer PayPal or make it available via other sites like Amazon or Collage or Videofitness.  I'm so annoyed with myself.  What a bad decision to make an offer, and I knew better.  Don't know what I was thinking....

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

Got my hiking in this weekend.  Rain came in overnight and it was not a washout today like they predicted so off I went.  They are still spreading mulch but have finally gotten to areas it makes sense like the parking lot median and fishing pier area.  

Loving my fitbit.  I'm almost sorry I didn't get the HR one but I understand that tracks steps by arm movements and that would never work for an Italian.  I talk too much with my hands and I'd be counting steps just telling people where to go all day.

I think I've realized I have bad sleep days when I sit all day or most of the day at work.  I sleep well on the weekends when I've gone hiking.  I think less stress has a lot to do with it too.  I have way too much of that lately.  I've been calculating how much cat food I could live on for the rest of my life and retire now.

I have Piyo taped so I can take a look at it.  It peaked my interest too.  I'm thinking about getting back to some sort of yoga since I feel so good when I am all stretched out.  Planks kill my back though so not sure that would work for me even modified.  I may just look at pure yoga ideas on YouTube or in store.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.  

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday Funday everyone!... It's cooler here today but still above normal for us.  We're cleaning the basement and putting away some Winter stuff and washing clothes.

Nothing formal here today.

Nomless I recorded the entire hour last night.   It looks very good to me.  The modifier would certainly help me!   I have a friend who is a BB coach and I know it's a very popular workout..Just give it a try, you have 30 days to send it back if you don't like it.  And the shipping is free too.

Today is a rest day for me from formal workouts...

How is everyone doing today?  Playing outside, or inside?  We're going to watch Michigan State play at 3 and then not sure. 

I made a low carb Southwestern Taco soup for dinner so that's already done, just simmering.

Not much else going on here for me, have a wonderful day!

Super Contributor

I received a message about PiYo being asked about on here and I did see Mary Bailey's post on another thread.  I think she might be good at giving a good review as well.  I have done PiYo and it is a good workout but I am not a Yoga/Pilates type of workout person.  I did modifiy with things that required more pressure on the wrist because my left wrist has some issues.  Overall a good workout if your looking to become for flexible and it's not a sissy workout.  It does challenge you.