Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the June Exercise Thread

Happy Hump Day!! 

Tony, glad you made your way here.  First time I've even ventured over since my last post, haven't even been reading.  My gf posted a picture of the snow bank still melting..crazy! 

Waiting for my gf to come run with me.  It's a beautiful morning for it.  Yesterday my other gf and I did 13 miles in the heat(well, we did over 12 but I had already done a mile and the hills and stairs).  She didn't feel good on the last lap.

DH is working looonnnng hours....just wonderful right now.

Oh!  My gf is here!  More later!  Hope everyone is doing well!!  Sorry to blab and run. 

Respected Contributor

My post is going to be a fly-by today....I have lots of work wating for me, but I'm taking a quick lunch break.

Tony, a critter alert!   About a month ago, I spotted birds outside my office window.  I didn't know what they were, but a quick internet search told me they are killdeer.  I even listened to their call online, and that confirmed it.  Their call is almost a screech.  Very unique.  Well, now the killdeer have babies, at least 2 of them.  Adults (mom and dad?) and babies spend much of each day walking on the ground (I don't know if the chicks can fly yet).   The babies are so tiny, about as big as my thumb.  Very vulnerable, I would think, so of course, I'm worried about them.  If you're outside and even look at the tree that's home base, the adults start screeching.  It's quite the racket.  I need to do more research about killdeer, as I'm surprised they spend so much time on the ground.

No workout for me last night.  I got involved in re-organizing stuff on my bathroom vanity and under the sink.  Way too much stuff on top, so I'm trying to figure out how to get stuff hidden but still have easy access.  It's quite the problem-solving task!

I'll try to do a workout tonight but I might decide to continue with the vanity project.  I'll see how I feel when I get home.

Oh...dentist appt at 7:30 AM today!  What an awful things to wake up to, right?  But it's over, and everything is good so I don't have to go back until next check up.  Thank goodness.

Hi, Patty, nice to see you.  I hope you had a good run with gf, and I hope Lucy had fun, too.  Best wishes for DH during this crazy time for him.  Hope DS is doing well and that he and DIL are settling in the new place well.

Hi, Bopper.  There's no guessing what kind of day you're having...seems to be up and down, right?   I hope today is a good one.  It sounds like the fitbit is keeping you on track.....although you're great about staying on track wtih no help whatsoever.

Hi, Tony.   Enjoy your day!

Ok, gotta run.  A big wave to al....

Respected Contributor

Hi, I did get groceries and did a few other errands today.  Then came home put it all away and mowed the grass.   I didn't get a walk in but I was monkeying around all day long and got my steps in.   We woke up to 47 degrees this morning.   It only got to 60 today .   Can you believe July 1st and we had a 47 degree morning.  I'm getting scared as to what winter will hold.

Nomless I need to organize and pitch in my bathroom as well.  Good for you for doing it.  It's something off your mind and good your dentist appt. went well for you.  Hate the dentist.

tony glad your here and found your way.  I haven't looked at the usual posts I sometimes look at .  Seems harder to navigate here.

Patty good to see you again too and hoping and praying DH's time away goes quickly and he's back home fast.  Hope you had fun on your run with your gf and Lucy.   It's hot there, so take it easy.

I have another funeral tomorrow so am not looking forward to that.  Got my clothes all ready. 

Watching baseball now.   Have a bit of a headache too.

Have a nice evening.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bike is fixed!  I did bike and elliptical.

Vanity is cleared somewhat due to a terrific thing I got at BBB today.   They have a line of products called Fridg Binz.   Among the products is a 12" turntable with a 3" edge to keep things contained.  I have 2 under my kitchen sink and love them.   Everything is tidy and easily accessible with a spin of the turntable.   Today, I got 2 more to use under bathroom sink.  Perfect!   Bottles of cleanser, lotions, etc., are now off the vanity but still easy to get to.  Finally, an annoyance solved! I love these turntables.  They're solid and well made.  If you have stuff that's hard to get to, bottles falling over when you reach for something, these turntables fit the bill.   Highly recommended for this type of problem.

Valued Contributor

I don't like that I can't see the other posts when I reply!  With my memory these days, I already forget what I just read by the time I get over here...ugh! 

Well, bopper, I hope you have a better July than you did June....that's chilly for anywhere in June.  Thanks...we're doing 'okay'...best as you can at this point in the deployment process.  Just hanging over your head. 

nomless, I've always used the spinners.  My mom was a big fan of them.  Do you think your foot is healing?  My knee is bothering me now. 

Well, on top of everything else, dh got a phone call on Friday(about a 'job' they'd like him to take), then had a lunch with someone yesterday about orders.  Yes, that's right...we may be moving again.  And think about making a major life-changing decision right now with what's going on right now...ay.  I can't even think straight.  So...lots to pray about.  At least we have a couple of choices(really, 4, including does he want to stay in or retire) and the positions themselves are very good.  But do we move?...we'd be closer to the kids, really nice area, dream job...or do we stay here?...our church, friends, not have to move again, good jobs too, etc. 

I think I'm getting too old to live like this, when you're over 50, do you really want to live like gypsies?? 

Anyway, lots of deep cleaning today, it needed it.  Had a rough night last night....can't say as I've had a good night's sleep in quite some time.  Had a crazy dream about being in a fire and not able to get out, I know that's because I was talking about my mom's accident yesterday with my gf.  Then dreaming about my son being sick again...and I know that's because I'm afraid it will happen again while dh is gone.  Then Tuesday morning a little guy we've been following(parenst were in my son's class at school and grandparents go to our church) entered Heaven's gates...he's whole and pain-free now but we still grieve with those left behind.  His Memorial is on Monday.  The dad is going to play the guitar and sing.

But...there will be joy in the morning...and there is.  This darn Lucy makes us laugh so hard, can't imagine life without her even though she's a ton of work...lol! 

I did work-out today, not as hard as the past 3 days but my body didn't need that today.  My gf and I covered a lot of ground again yesterday, fixed a lot of the world's problems...lol. 

Hope everyone is doing well.  Geesh, sorry to be a downer today...lol.  Really, I'm not, just had a lot of anxiety last night...stupid hormones.  Miss seeing some names here...cater, Canine...and everyone else. 

Respected Contributor

Patty, you can see the other posts when you are replying....under the Reply box you're typing in, over to the left is a link for View discussion in a popup.  Click that, and the thread will open in a separate window.  I find it helpful. 

Thanks for asking about my foot.  I think it is a little better, but it still hurts some.  Not badly, just an annoyance.  I hope your knee ache is just a passing thing. 

Wow, more decisions for you guys???   I guess options are good, though, right?    Best wishes to you and DH has you consider and decide. 

I'm sorry to hear about the little boy....and your bad dreams.  Sometimes it's nearly impossible to keep our minds from worrying about stuff, and like you, all my "sftuff" goes into my dreams.  Frustrating to not be able to get a good night's sleep.

Hi, Bopper, how ya doin' today? 

I hope everyone has a fun holiday weekend.  I have a mini vacation...taking Monday and Tuesday off.  Yay!

Respected Contributor

Elliptical and bike done.  I'm so happy to have the bike back.

Respected Contributor

Hi,  my day wasn't the greatest either.  Started out on a walk and   the weather guy said sunny and it started thundering and I'm a mile and a half away from home so booked it home and then it didn't rain at all.   Had another funeral I think I mentioned to you and very sad.  She was only 58 years old.  Her poor husband brought their dog to the church.  A beautiful chocolate lab and he was so well behaved.   It was nice to see family from far away but would be nice to see them other than at a sad gathering.

Not doing much now but watching baseball on TV.  Hubby is playing baseball right now in town.

I'm drained from the funeral and seeing her dog did me in!

Have a good night!

Respected Contributor

Bopperr, I forgot about the funeral you went to today.   I'm so sorry.  Hugs for you.

Respected Contributor

60 min done on elliptical and bike.   Now I'm going to make blueberry pancakes, lol.  Have a fun holiday, everyone.