Valued Contributor

Thanks nomless, I wasn't signed in! 

We went to church and out to eat with 4 other couples, it was fun.  Havne't been home that long, time flew by. 

It's 100* heat index again.  I did quite a few miles yesterday in it then mowed the grass and cut back my rose bushes...it caught up with me all of a sudden, I was ready for some a/c.  And we took Lucy for a bike ride last night because it was too hot to walk.  I think that's one reason I was so tired, being outside in this heat all day will wear ya out. 

We had quite the storm last night.  Lots of downed trees...broke my tomato plants...grrrr.  Will have to tend to those tomorrow. 

Kids got home safely last night.  Miss them but Lucy(and the cats) were glad to have the house back to normal...and have her mommy-daddy's undivided attention. 

We're going paddle-boarding again.  Waiting for dh to finish typing a message...story of my life. 

Hope everyone is having a good weekend! 

Respected Contributor

Morning, I think I missed checking in all weekend.   I didn't watch the Q much and guess I just forgot.   Yesterday hubby and I went to my dad's for Father's Day and mowed his front and back yard and then week whacked and I used the loppers and chopped down all his over grown bushes against his house.  Looks so much better.  Thing is dad wasn't home.  My sister took him for a brunch and we wanted to do this while he was gone to surprise him.   We got the surprise, dad didn't notice haha...........  Still not sure he noticed.   I didn't say anything...I'm sure he will notice at some point...

I have a funeral this morning/noon time .   An old neighbor of ours that we dearly loved and I had become friends with their children so it will be a hard day.

Nomless how come I can only see the last post?   I see yours Patty  Smiley Happy   Sounds like a nice week you had with the kids but it's always nice to have your routine back too.  And Lucy doesn't have to share mom and dad anymore.

Supposed to have severe storms today so I hope I ca get home before that starts.

Well not much more here....will workout this morning, shower and head out.

Have a great day!

Respected Contributor

Hi, Bopper, it was nice of you to do yard clean-up for your dad.  Sorry he didn't notice!  I hope the predicted storms don't materialize today.

Bopper, on my tablet, Patty's post was the top of a page.  Maybe that's why you saw only her post? 

Here's another tip: see your preferences to Jump to Last Unread Post.  That's in the Linear Layout section, last option.  Then remember to SAVE it.  Then remember that your settings are applied only if you're logged in.

Hi, Patty.  How nice that you had some down time yesterday with friends.  It sure is hot there!  I know you're careful about monitioring how you feel as you do your outside work and actiivites.  I don't last in hot weather more than a few minutes.  Sorry about your tomato plants that got slammed and the downed trees.  It's so sad to lose trees that have been around a long time. 

Hi, Cater,  I hope you're managing to find a few things you like in this new forum software. 

Have a good week, everyone.

Respected Contributor

Tony???   Are you out there.  I don't think we've seen you since the change to the forums.  I hope you'll check in, miss you!

Respected Contributor

Elliptical done.   Now watching ANW.  Fun to see the competitors we know and love.  Travis Rosen justvade it through......he's the only American who has finished Mt. Madoriyama.   He did it in USA vs World team competition. 

Respected Contributor

Hi, I"m just getting here.   I'm still not liking this system here.  

Patty mine was the red circle with the line through it too.  

I walked about 4.5 miles today and mowed the grass.  It was a beautiful cool day.  My neighbor said it felt like Fall and it did. 62 here today.

I'm watching baseball and need to go to bed.

Hoping everyone has a good rest of your evening.   I'll try and get here earlier tomorrow.  Grocery day tomorrow and other errands.

Nomless your doing great!

Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the June Exercise Thread

I'm still not liking it either bopper.  We couldn't be further apart in weather....our heat index was 113* yesterday, it was stifling!  My car read 101* at one point but that wasn't the official temp.

How is your foot nomless?  Are you enjoying ANW?  I haven't watched it even though I guess I could have as I didn't go watch dh play softball Monday night.  Your cats sound funny. 

I meet my gf on Tuesday mornings to power-walk...I go early and run the hills and stairs and let me tell you, that's a work-out in itself.  I did over 10 miles yesterday, 7.5 with her but I did some with Lucy and some before she got there.  I told her if it's this hot again next week, I'd like to get an earlier start.  Then I did some power yoga...I can now balance with my knees on my elbows!  I believe they call it the Crane.  And my handstands are improving also.  Both really engage upper-body strength...and oddly enough, I really feel core when I do handstands. 

Oh!  I was so mad, had to tell people to take their dogs in yesterday.  So many had them out in this heat.  Come on people, use your heads.  I went and told the maintenance guys where my gf and I walk to take a swing around the lake with the golf cart and tell people to take their dogs home.  Ticks me off, I'm going to end up getting in a scrap over it but I'm fully prepared to do so.  That darn asphalt was so hot. 

I ran some errands yesterday and then fixed my tomato plants.  Planted some new flowers because this heat really does a number on some of them.  I'm not sure if the ones I planted will make it, they weren't looking good to begin with.

We had some wicked thunder and lightening last night, woke us up a few times.  Getting ready to take Lucy out then I have to do weights.  Ugh, this gym is sooooo humid and hot and crowded...but enough of the excuses. Smiley Wink 

Have a great day everyone.  Waving to cater, Canine, Tony, Future, and anyone else that is swinging by. 

Respected Contributor

In fairness, there are some things I like about this new forum software, but still, overall I hate it, too.  It loads too slowly, and I can't find or track topics of interest easily.  Hence, I'm spending a lot less time here than I did.  There's one feature we had before that's missing now that is a biggie for me.  I kept posting about it, and finally got a response from Keyai, the Q rep who is trying to help us.  He replied that he understands my request, but added that it won't be considered until next year maybe.   I wasn't happy about that, but at least my opinion was heard.

My foot still hurts, Patty, thanks for asking.  I'm happy, though, that doing the elliptical isn't aggravating it.  It's no worse than it was.  I can't do the treadmill though.  That definitely is too much pounding.  I really need to start adding back strenght work.  Gosh, I know that, but I just can't get motivated to do it!  But I'm thinking about doing one of my DVDs programs....Katami or Jillian or Tony....and alternating with my cardio days.

Yes, I'm liking ANW.  So far, each week they've had two new obstacles, fun to see new stuff.  Some of the long-time favorites who were ousted early last year have made it through prelims.  Nice to see.

Patty, you're a machine!   Don't know how you manage to do 10 miles, and then more stuff besides!  So proud of you. I hope your tomatoes recover and the new flowers take hold.  Glad you're watching out for pups who are too hot.  Oh, my, that's sad to see.

Bopper, you're becoming a machine, too!  It's great that you have cool weather to enjoy.  Wish we did!  It's warm and humid here, but not as hot as Patty's weather. 

Will do the elliptical again tonight...oh, yesterday they told me the bike needs a new part which is on back order.  No telling when it will be fixed.

Respected Contributor

Hi, I have not much to report today.   I got groceries and  did a couple other errands. I didn't sleep well so felt tired all day.   We did get a storm late this afternoon and I sat here in my chair with some decaf and watched it out the window.  I liked that.

Nomless I haven't seen much of AMW this season.  We're always watching baseball.  Sorry about the bike needing a part.    At least you can do the elliptical and not make your foot worse.

Patty did you get new tomato plants?   I have so many chippies here that I am afraid they will chew up my plants.  They ate 5 of my sisters plants.  Chopped them at the base!   

My neck is bothering me a bit.  Not sure what from but it could be from the pruning I did on Sunday at my dad's house.   Anyway, have a good rest of the night.

Respected Contributor

Hi, everyone.  I have nothing to report today.  I have a meeting after work, so no workout tonight.

I really have no news of any kind....sorry 'bout that!