Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the June Exercise Thread

Patty, it's so good to see you.  Glad you're with the kids, but yes, please stay out of the water.  It's a shame DH has to work while on vacation.  Yes, that is irritating (it's happened to me quite a bit...until I raised a stink about it.)

Patty, this trick will make access to this forum easier....

Go to Wellness, find this thread and open it.  At the top, from the Topic Options menu click Float This Topic.

Now, every time you come to the Wellness forum, this thread will be at the top.

That solves one of the many problems. 

I don't like the changes either....it much harder now to follow threads, so I'm not doing as much of that as I did.  I've floated a couple of favorite threads which I can now follow easily, but beyond that, my thread-following is much reduced. 

I hope you don't leave us!

Respected Contributor

Hi all, I think this forum will take time.   Glad to see Patty found us.  

Nomless I tried going to the Wellness and going to float this topic and it isn't highlighted so I can' float it to the top.  Not sure what to do but search for it.

This morning I did the treadmill and the TG.  I wanted to watch SG.  Her prices are so high.  I may have gotten the jacket but will wait for AS IS and see if it shows up there.

We're only in the 50's.  I know how hot many of you are but we aren't.  

Obama is on talking about the mass shooting in Charleston NC.  The church there.  How horrible.  People and guns..it's terrible.

Cater glad your with us too.  We have to stick together and make the best of it I guess.

Waving to all!

Frequent Contributor

So we hit reply to the first post here? Or the latest reply?

Lovely. How's everyone doing? I need to be mowing the lawn if I have half a brain.

Love that I can just see one reply and no one else. It might make it less inviting for new (er) people to join in? Or the powers that be would like to discourage content that does not pertain to shopping?

I've been doing Core Fusion arms, Gilad for cardio and Barre 3 posture around three times a week. And mowing. It takes me 3 hours, give or take, to do the full yard. Don't remember if I've whined about that before or not. I swear I can see growth in the yard before I finish. Happy, happy.

Take care everyone. I need to figure out how to navigate around here a bit more. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bopper wrote:

Nomless I tried going to the Wellness and going to float this topic and it isn't highlighted so I can' float it to the top.  Not sure what to do but search for it.

@bopper, here's howt to set FLOAT:  open the thread like you do when you read it.  Then look at the top of the thread, above the first post.  There's a red REPLY button, and next to that is a Topic Options drop down menu.  Hover over or click on that, then select Float This Topic.

Hi, Canine, it's great to see you again.  I'm not sure why you see only one reply.  I see all of them, new on top, old on bottom.  The thread opens to the last unread post.   Some of this I achieved by My Preferences, but in any case, when you open a thread, you should see all of it, not just one post.....

@I also just learned that @username notifies ther  person of a post they should look at and gives them the link to the post.  That's a cool feature.

Respected Contributor

Patty you have to come back and fight your way through here, just like the rest of us. Believe me I have moaned and groaned on here all week. When some one posted and was ticked off I was with them. Finally i decided maybe I had better just keep these fingers off here before someone yapped at me. The best thing for me tonight was to come on here and see what a good time you are having with the kids. That son of yours had me rolling those rosary beads but it is wonderful to read that he is doing much better. Take care.  Up here all we are getting is rain and more rain lord it even rained this afternoon and it was pouring tonight.

Respected Contributor

Hi, Cater.  Oh, my, it's just you and me.  I miss everyone.

It's a shame that Q messed up the boards so badly.   I'm not reading nearly as many threads as I used to....I follow only three now and have given up on the rest.  They just munged things up, IMO.

I hope you have a nice weekend, Cater. I hope lots of beautiful weather is headed your way.

Bopper and Patty, same wish goes for you.  Bopper, I hope it gets warmer, Patty, I hope you get some cooler temps, LOL.  Glad you're able to spend some time with the kids.  I hope DH got some REAL vacation this week.

I may not check in this weekend, but I will next week for sure. 

Respected Contributor

Hi all, I"m here, just finding my way again.  Nomless I did what you said but not sure it worked but I'll find ya'all.

I thought I posted yesterday but I don't see it.

I walked 4 miles this morning.  It was low 40's here this morning, very cold and some areas had frost.  Yes I said frost!!!   Then we wamed to 70 this afternoon so it was perfect and perfect sleeping weather with the window cracked just a tad..........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzSmiley Happy

Cater glad your her with nomless an I.  We are all finding our way....just takes time, sigh..........

DH is playing softball now and again at 9 am in the morning and again at 4 in the afternoon. He's going to be sore.  He is the catcher so he is more active than any of the other players other than the pitcher, which is my son too!  It's all in the family!

Watching my Tigers now.....have a good evening.

Valued Contributor

bopper...I can't get the "Float" thing to work either.  So glad you had a nice day finally!

nomless...are you on a laptop, Apple, or what?  Mine also isn't highlighted so I can't click on it.  I get the red circle with a line through it. 

cater...I'll try, don't think I'll be around a whole lot!!  LOL!!!  I laughed so hard about your rosary beads, I can picture you.  But it also warmed my heart beyond belief, you're a faithful prayer warrior and I can't thank-you enough. 

canine...so good to see you!!!  LOL....no, you haven't mentioned the grass cutting before(that I saw anyway)...the shoveling, yes. Smiley Wink

Well, I had a horrible night, can't believe it.  I haven't had much sleep at all this entire week, late to bed and up by 5 each day, then yesterday was Family Day so we were at the beach in 94* for 4 hours, then went bowling, out to eat, out for Gelato, etc...I was soooo tired but woke up at 1:30(dh said it was 1).  I did fall back to sleep from 5:15 to 6:15.  Doing laundry and chores now. 

Kids are leaving today so I'll be sad, then I'll be saying good-bye to dh in 2 weeks.  Family Day was a huge success so that should be one big thing off of DH's mind.  Had a really good turn-out, parents came from WA State, they were the furthest travelers. 

Oh!  We all loved the paddle-boarding!  We did the 5-miles around the lake and we were the only ones out there.  All 4 of us got up right away and never had a problem.  Of course, dh tried doing a  headstand and fell in, there's one in every crowd.  Then we went to eat at my CF gf's house, then had to leave there to go clean the church as it was our SS classes turn.  It's been a tight schedule! 

My dil and I are going out this morning when she gets up, yesterday I did a quick run and then my dil and I did weights.  I'm going to get back to the gym next week and get serious with the weights, I don't care if I don't do any cardio at all.  However, I know Lucy wouldn't stand for that. 

Anyway, I'm sure I have a book again so I'll sign off.  Hope Tony is okay...not sure if she's been over here since this crazy mess.  I sure wish I could "Float" this nomless...wonder if I have to click on something else first. 

Hope everyone has a great day. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Patty and Bopper, I've successfully floated topIcs on my PC and Android tablet.   Note that it works only when you're signed in (and this system logs me out frequenty) and only within the category.

It sounds like you had a fun day yesterday, Patty.  I'm sorry kids will be leaving today and soon DH, too.  That must be so difficult, and little Lucy will be sad, too.  Know that you'll have our prayers and friendship whenever you need them.

Bopper, as usual, you're doing great with your activity.  Are you still liking your Fitbit?   

I've been doing the elliptical with good shoes, and my foot is no worse.  I'm super happy about that.

Respected Contributor

Hate, hate hate this new forum software.  Way too slow, way to hard to find things of interest.  Did the elliptical this morning.   Happy Dad's day to those who can share the day with their dad and hugs to those who cannot.   I hope your memories of Dad are happy ones.