Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the July Exercise Thread

Beautiful picture bopper...I almost typed your real name...haha!  Had to correct it.  Keep your temps to yourself! Smiley Tongue  I really thought about doing a walk this morning instead of the gym but being out with Lucy for 2 miles was more than enough...still hot and humid.  Going to try and see if not being out in it as much as I was will help with this flare and my allergies.  Yes, Logan is full of himself...he knows he's the Ruler of his Kindgom.

Judy...hope you feel better...they stink!  Did you get antibiotics? 

MickD...I used to run with my son, I loved those times.  He was also a swimmer...did USAA swimming which is year-round but he did CC too so that was great cross-training. 

laura...I'm going to have to start taking a rest-day as well, I know of which you speak.  Let my ol' bod heal. They really stress it here if you're hitting it hard, said it's part of the equation and will help you see faster/better resutls. Yes...I'm doing the Combat(kickboxing) tomorrow.  Now I already forgot the other one you mentioned.

nomless...I did Body Attack today and I absolutely loved, loved, loved it.  That alone made me so glad I joined.  It's very high-impact/intensity and it moves fast...I've never done such fast jumping-jacks in my life...haha...and I can still do those burpees but it's not like I completely stopped doing them after CF.  Anyway...everyone was so nice, I already made a couple of friends and one of the instructors gave me her number to get together for coffee or something.  I was all like "Okay"!  Hahaha!  The first gal I met was on OR nurse and she took me in the room, said she'd stay in the back with me(I told her that's where I was staying in case it was too much and needed to crawl out), and told me a little what it's like.  She was in very good shape so she scared me a little when she said "the only time she works out this hard is when she does this class"....AFTER telling me what she usually does...I was skerred. Smiley Tongue 

Alright...hope I didn't miss anyone.  I think I'll take the Little on a quick bike-ride...she seems depressed that she isn't getting her usual exercise...I'm not kidding either.  Oh..DH is home..back at it today.  He maybe slept 6 hours the entire week he was there. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, all. Boy, it's hot today... again. I know you're enjoying your cool weather, Bopper. Logan will enjoy the day, too. Those web thingies sound yucky.  Ugh.

I did my cardio today, such as it is.  Doesn't seem like much in comparison to others, but it makes me sweat, so I'm doing something.

Lucy, your gym sounds terrific.  It's great that you liked the class and already have some friends.  It sounds like a great group.  I'm amazed at what you do despite your injuries. You bring it!

Hi, Laura and Judy.  I hope your day is a good one.

Oh, I did something kind of silly today. A while ago, I got a throw pillow at BBB that I love.  I went there today and saw they had two left, clearance priced.  So I bought them both.  I'm thrilled to have two spares!

Honored Contributor

Well, I officially gained a few pounds with vacation and the mess that was my life those past three weeks without a car.  Time to really buckle down. I've been good with my diet this week although I've been starving at night.  Probably from getting back to some real exercise again besides walking.

I actually brought one of my cookbooks to work and I am going to start planning out some real meals since I'm kind of tired of my old standbys of bean tacos and pasta.  I also watched a Dr. Oz episode on cleansing and I've heard a lot about intermittent fasting so I sit with my juice and seltzer for my lunch today.  We'll see.  Hopefully, it will knock me back to normal in a day or two and I can pick up right where I left off.  

@Iluvlucy  Glad to hear you love your gym.  The people sound wonderful too.  Hardly anyone talks to me at my place.  It's usually in and out.  

@bopper  We have the webs too.  Must be that time of year!  I would kill for your temps.

@nomless Congrats on your pillows!  I love it when I find stuff I already have and love on clearance.  Makes me day!

@JudyL  Hope you are feeling better.  Heart  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here I sit trying to decide what to do.  Is Combat(kcikboxing) a smart move when you're pretty sore?  Or should I just got run on the treadmill and/or do stair-climber and do some weights for the muscles I can?  You'd think I' was making a life-changing decision here...haha!

nomles...that's one reason why I try not to go into too much detail about my work-outs...because if you explain them, it sounds like more than if you don't!  I could say "I did Attack class today"...or I could say "we did 100 jump-squats, 100 fast jumping-jacks with burpees in between, high plyo knee-jumps, walk-out plank push-ups"...etc...yet they're both the same thing but just typing it out sounds like more...kwim?  I really do try to be careful with stuff like that...some days I just say I biked a long one, ran...whatever and don't say how many miles, I know even saying "I biked 33", may not be as much as Laura's "RIDE class" as far as intensity...like I said before...I can do a 2-mile run that is way harder and more intense than an 8-miler but to the general public, most would think the 8-miler is harder just because of the distance, and it isn't. 

All that to say, don't feel bad about what you're doing...hahaha....good grief I can't explain anything in one sentence! Smiley Tongue  You just don't go into detail...unless I do something I surprise myself with or really enjoy, I'll try to not go on and on.  I just loved that darn Attack class so much yesterday, I was very excited!  And it's something new which is always fun.  Now, if I run a 21-min 5K again...you all are going to hear about it! Smiley Wink 

Oh man...Laura, I just read your post and already forgot...seriously, my head is very cloudy today.  I actually got some sleep last night and I think I feel worse today than I ever do with my usual "very little sleep"!  The Attack instructor said yesterday "Okay ladies, it's time to hit it hard...I gained 4 lbs on vacation and it's time to get real.  And they are a VERY heavy 4 lbs"...lol!  I've gaine a couple on these stupid steroids...some of it is just bloat...someday I'll get off them...sigh.   Yeah, my last gym was like that...no one talked...as you can imagine, I didn't like it. Smiley Tongue  Well, I had a couple of friends and we did talk and laugh...the one was the fittest chick in the gym.  Buff City! 

Alright...I think I'm heading out.  Have a great Friday everyone!!  Waving! 

ETA:  I thought this was a short one...hahahahaha!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Iluvlucy  I'm with you on the heavy.  I haven't felt right all week.  My fault for getting so off track but I had a lot of help with no car (hence no supermarket) and then vacation without a kitchen.

If you are really sore, think about resting.  And lots of water. They say water is what your muscles need when they are crampy like that and bananas for the potassium. 

Whatever you decide, have a great workout or not!  

Valued Contributor

I did the Combat class...I honestly wasn't going to but I really didn't feel like doing anything else...I started to do a cardio machine and knew I'd be like a hamster on a wheel, so why bother. 

I talked to a couple of the ladies as we were waiting to go in the studio and they said "just do 15 minutes and leave, then work up every week"...or "Just take it easy and leave early, that's what I did at first".  And the instructor said the same, so I went in with that mind-set which helped.  I'm not "on my game" today anyway...just feel tired and having that weird issue with my eyeballs.  I think just giving myself that option helped me but I'm not in as bad cardio shape as I thought...but I do run(jog), bike, power-walk, HIIT, etc., so it isn't like I'm going in there from scratch.

I did end up doing the entire kickboxing portion but didn't stay for abs because of my hernia. HOWEVER....I'd like to say I hit it hard like I did Wednesday and Thursday's classes, but that would not be the case...haha. 

Soooooo..."I did it" and that's all I have for today.  In my best Forrest Gump voice, "That's all I got to say about that".  Smiley Tongue 

And I'm starving...I mean I feel famished today.  I just ate rice and beans and asparagus and I feel like I could eat another round...and then some.  My stomach was growling at the credit union...not sure how that's possible, but that's me! 

Laura...sore muscles...not crampy.  I know my calves are going ot be super sore tomorrow after all the jumping today. 

Honored Contributor

I would just like to report that this whole fasting/cleanse thing stinks (I would use a stronger word but I like my forum privileges) and I will not be doing this again.  I'm starving!!! Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Great job, Lucy.  You showed up and did some stuff...although it would be OK for you to take a rest day, you know.  Lol.  I know your mind doesn't let you do that often, and, like Lucy, you like to move.  BTW, I like hearing what you do, for the same reason I like watching Crossfit, ANW, etc.  It's cool to see people do amazing things, even though I can't do them.  I show up, do my best, forget the rest, and I'm proud of that. I get frustrated because maybe I'm not doing my best, not pushing hard enough. I don't know. That's where a trainer could help. Not in my budget, though.

Laura, you'll get those pounds off soon, don't let them get you down.

Hi, Bopper, do you have another cool day? 

Happy weekend, Judy and Mick. 

I did cardio today,  no weights.  

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday everyone, yes nomless it was cool this morning 52 and some places in the 40's...it was great sleeping last night!  Now it's 70 and a little breeze so it's a great day here.

I walked this morning with my DIL and granchildren, 1 on a bike an 1 in a stroller.  The little one is getting big fast, she's almost 6 months already.  Seems she was just born.

Iluvlucy yes Logan sure does like cool weather, he loves winter and snow!  You rocked your class, and we all like hearing "in detail"  LOL about what your doing.  You are very inspiring and like you said we all do our best with what we have and everything is good!

Laura sorry about the cleanse, sounds not so good!  You always do good with your workouts too and have a lot of variety!

Nomless I can't afford a gym let alone a trainer so I'll stick with you hahaha we do our best and forget the rest right.  Laughed about the pillow thing.  My GD has a big thing for pillows and she's redecorating her bedroom every other week.  Are you watching any of the CIJ stuff?  I was for a while but honestly I'm getting sick of it.  

MickD what do you have going on today?

Cater haven't heard hide nor hair from you in a while, hope all is well.

Tony you are really floating somewhere in out space aren't you. .  Haven't forgotten you so you better be aware " you are being watched"  Hahaha

Have a good one everybody!

Honored Contributor

Hi @bopper and everyone!  TGIF!!!  Did 2.5 miles on the treadmill.  The heat is killing me.  I really want to up my pace, but just can't in this weather.  I just do what I can do!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G