Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the July Exercise Thread

Well I posted and it's gone...it posted, then I went back in to edit a spelling mistake and the entire post disappeared....grrrrr!!!  I replied to every single person too, I can't win! 

Judy, I wanted to say I love the Bay area, we used to live there and I worked in Corte Madera...love Sausalito! 

I had a good work-out yesterday, dh is flying 18 hours, ds got his infusion so will be sick all weekend, and I'm heading out the door.

I don't even remember what I said to everyone....I'm just irritated now...lol!  Now watch it post laster and this post won't make sense and will make me look crazier than I already am! 

Have a great day everyone! 

Respected Contributor

Dang, Lucy, it's a bummer to lose your post.  Sometimes it's saved a a recoverable draft, sometimes not.  I hope DS starts to improve and that DH is OK, and you and Lucy, too.  I watched the last half hour of the women's Crossfit competition.  I ran across it by accident.

Bopper, I'm ok.  I think it was Laura who was limping through her Friday.  Glad the wasps are gone!

Judy, lucky you being in temps below 100!

Laura, the ell us about your shopping this weekend.  Whadja get?

I did cardio yesterday, cardio and leg weights today.  Also figured out some meals to make and made a grocery list.  I got a 30 Minute Dinners cookbook that has a lot of easy dishes using real food that are fairly healthy or can be altered slightly to make them healthy.  I gotta get morer protein in me!

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday all,  I rode 12 miles on my outside bike along the lakeshore this morning, it was so peaceful seeing the glistening of the sun on the water and listening to the ripples I went to a couple antique shops and had a snack at a little cafe.  Went and got my sister a wind chime for her log home.  It's a wolf and it's really pretty.

Other than that, my day was quiet and nice!

Hope everyones evening is enjoyable!

Valued Contributor

Happy Sunday!  Hope everyone is staying cool.  Yesterday was a bugger and tomorrow is supposed to be even worse. 

Yesterday was a full one, I stay even busier when he's gone.  I walked Lucy 2(carried her...lol), walked and ran 4.5 myself, then I went for a long bike ride and even went on the trail along the Potomac...it was much cooler there, always is.  They said it has been 20* colder sometimes in the winter. 

That wasn't enough torture so I came home and mowed the grass in peak heat...ugh.  Glad it's done though.

I saw a little fawn on the side of the road eating.   She looked at me and went back to eating so I went over and clapped and shoo'd her into the woods.  I couldn't see her momma or anyone with her.  She still had spots too. 

When I went for my pedi it said 109* in the car.  I stopped at TJMaxx and got my gf a gift that I know she'll love...so that was an accomplishment.  Went grocery sthopping last night but need to hit Wegman's yet.   

I love watching it nomless!  I would love to join again but my injuries won't allow the heavy weights and the fast and furious so what's the point.  I still like a good CF WOD every once in a while...really is the original HIIT work-out and gets that heart pumping. 

Okay....time to roll, it actuallly doesn't feel too bad out yet.  Have a great day everyone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been a cleaning and reorganizing fool!  Who was it that cleaned out their cabinets and gave me this idea?  @nomless maybe?

I continue to impress myself with clearance deals.  Got five decorative storage boxes from Michaels for $30.  Then walked over to BB&B and got an organizer for the closet for $15.  This is the time to reorganize with all the college displays in store.  The organizer I got is a sturdy four cube easy to put together decent size college thing.  It holds all of my purses (about 10-15) and the bottom cubes hold my entire Wen collection which is beyond out of control.  If I buy one more thing from QVC with those letters, jail me.

I cleaned out my entire bathroom cabinets.  Found where I had bought two of certain things because you just don't know you already have it.  My recycle bin is about full with all the outdated stuff I threw out.  I also purged my clothes once again so the charity guy is going to have a big bag of stuff too.  

This is exhausting!  I'd rather be doing bike rides and cardio like all of you.  @Iluvlucy you were not alone.  I did find time to pull the 3 foot weeds that had sprung up on my lawn during our record heat wave.  My grass thrives in heat so you can imagine the fun I'm having right now.  I took the trimmer and blasted all the runners because I am not touching my lawn again until next weekend at the earliest.  

Today, I thought about going to the gym but I am beyond sore with my legs and butt so I'll be finishing up my summer clean out.  Still have top of the closets and linen closet to go.  I did find my grandmother's old recipes when I made a big batch of beef stew yesterday which was cool.  I know.  Don't ask me why I'm slow cooking in 100 degree heat.  I had one package of beef tips left and that's the only thing I knew what to do with it.  I need some of @nomless' recipes.  Anything I touch at present is getting cleaned out!

I am taking myself to the movies to see Star Trek (it's a law in my family.  I have to go see) so I'll be sitting for two hours I know about.  Also need to get some extra stuff down the basement if I can.  My knee is a bit sore and the band aid is like industrial strength.  When they say bandaids are stuck on you, they aren't kidding!  Second skin.  Although @bopper, I would love to have a place like you do by the water with antique shops.  Sounds heavenly!

Overall I am very proud of myself and almost glad to be back to work tomorrow so I can rest.  Very proud of all of you too.  I am still not up to my regular exercise routine but I will get it back starting tomorrow at 5am with my long ride class so I can join in your fun again..  

Have a great Sunday!

Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday everyone!  We're a little cooler than yesterday at this time at 76 but it is about 90% humidity.   Nothing planned for today, reading the Sunday paper and DH cooked breakfast.   

My Tigers are on this afternoon so I want to watch baseball.   Trying to get DH to bike before though with me but he isn't acting too excited about my idea!  

Nomless sounds like a good cookbook, 30 minute meals is something I"d like.  Good job on your cardio and legs! 

Laura we do live in a lovely area despite our long winters, we have every season just some are longer than others hahha..  I need to organize too and pitch.  We don't have a BB&B here either and I enjoy going in there if we get out of town(which we never do).  Your beef stew sounds good to me and slow cooker won't heat up the kitchen.

Iluvlucy glad DH made it safely and DS is doing good.  Try and stay cool out there and give Lucy a kiss from all of us!  

Yesterday was a nice day, biking, visiting the barn and the horse and then going to the antique shops.   Love those kinds of days!

Be Blessed everyone!

Respected Contributor

Lucy, Crossfit Games are on again this afternoon if you don't have anything to do.  3-5 pm Eastern. I don't know if it's men's competition or continuation of women.

Bopper, tonight I'm going to make chicken chop suey out of the 30-Minute Dinners cookbook.  It's easy, looks like it should be good.

Laura, you're an organizing fool this weekend. I did only a smidgeon of what you did. Thanks for the tip that this is a good time to look for storage boxes.

Off to do cardio.  

Honored Contributor

Back from the movies after I cleaned up a bit more.  I'm about done.  Reorganize the basement is left which is kind of already organized.  I just need to get some stuff in boxes and make it nicer.  I also need storage boxes to pack up my years worth of files that have been hanging out in the closets.  Was going to go to Walmart but I've become very skittish with my car lately. I decided to go home and eat dinner instead and I'll get there tomorrow maybe during work hooky.  I might take some boxes from work too and save myself some money.  

Actually baked Blueberry cobbler this morning out of the VItamix cookbook.  You see, y'all say something and I get inspired.  Not bad for my first try if I do say so myself.  Also prepped my lunch for three days.

Got my workout bag packed and ready for Monday am.  Ready to start my first full work week in about three weeks.   I am so organized and prepared I don't recognize myself but I feel good!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Wow, Laura, great job getting organized in a weekend.  It will take me months....maybe even years, lol.

Enjoy Sunday evening and have a good week at work.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone!  It's late afternoon here in CA.  This morning I did a PiYo workout and an ab workout.  Then headed to the grocery store, came home and started laundry and got my srapbooking stuff out to start putting some pages together.  My DD and SIL came over around 1:30 for a swim and we sat out by the pool  - me in the shade - for a couple of hours.  Was good to see them.  Now I'm about to put dinner in the oven.  Feeling a bit stiff and sore from my workout this morning.

Hope everyone has a good evening!