Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the July Exercise Thread

Bopper, a whole nest of wasps.   Bad news!  I would want them gone, toops. 

Laura, I'm so glad you got good news today about the a/c. It's about time things went your way. Glad you're having fun crafting.

Welcome home, Lucy.  So sorry about DS, DH and your wasp encounter.  I hope things get on a better track quickly.

Cardio done today.

Honored Contributor

For your good night chuckle, I rush home late from work because people just need to be thieves with their bills and waste my time.  It looks like it may storm so I decide to rush inside, change and try and get the lawn jungle cut before it does.

Now I have an electric mower so I have extension cords that I dodge while I cut.  I've been using it for years and I'm a pro.  Except today. I get two rows in and get tangled in the cords because I'm rushing and go down on the sidewalk.  Pop back up and yes I have gouged my knee big time and bruised my arms and cut my hand.  I don't care.  The lawn is getting cut.  

About an hour later, I'm done despite the blood trickling down my knee and I go inside to wash up.  Luckily I have one huge band aid left for my scraped up knee from when my car ran over me a few years ago (don't ask and no I'm not kidding. ) I donated $100 to St Jude after that because I have no idea how I came out of that pretty much unscathed except for no skin on on my right knee.  Today, I did a matching scar for the other side.  Smiley Very Happy

Oh and the storm I was rushing to beat, never hit.  Love my life lately!  Loving it!

So I'm glad I got my exercise in because I am now propped up with my big bandaged knee and hoping I can bend it tomorrow to get to work and the store for more band aids.  Don't post with me anymore.  I may be contagious!  I need to write a book.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@Laura14, I would read your book.  You make me laugh.  Glad the grass is cut, your knee and hand didn't need ER, and that you're at home safe for the night. Don't get into any more trouble.

Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@Laura14, I would read your book.  You make me laugh.  Glad the grass is cut, your knee and hand didn't need ER, and that you're at home safe for the night. Don't get into any more trouble.

@nomless I promise nothing!  Smiley Very Happy  If I suddenly disappear from posting at any point, then either the aliens have me or I've been eaten alive by a wild boar.  I think that's all that's left at this point.  Smiley Tongue  

Honored Contributor

Good Morning!  It's a beautiful day here in the Bay and it's payday!  YEA!  Love Friday's like this!  Got up this morning and did a 35 minute workout of PiYo and Body Gym.  Did not want to get out of bed but I pushed myself.  It's so hard to get up early and do something you really would rather not do but know you should..  LOL  I kept telling myself I'd be happy later and, as usual, in the end was glad I got up and got it done.

Now hoping for a good day here at work - no stress, no drama - so I can start to enjoy the weekend!

Hope everyone is having a good day so far!

Honored Contributor

TGIF!!!! It is 106 in the shade.  I walked the dogs at 7:30am....a short walk they were tired.  Got on the treadmill for 33min/2.5 mi.  If I didn't sing so much I'd run faster....sooookay....too hot to really move it!image.jpeg

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm with @JudyL!  TGIF!

Although my work day has not been stress free, I did report one of my customers to the fraud department after two days of dealing with absolute nonsense.  When I have your exact signature six different times and they correspond exactly to the bank statement you provided me, um, it's your charge!    I mean if you're going to be a thief at least try and be a good one.  

@bopper  I hope the wasps are gone and they haven't carried you away.  I had some flying around me last night and thought of you.  Smiley Surprised

@nomless  I may be limping but I'm here! Smiley Very Happy

@Iluvlucy  I hope everyone is on the mend and your husband has safe travels Heart

@MickD  Keep up the great work!  I think today may be a rest day save for my pushups since I'm not very bendy in one knee today.  Smiley Sad

Got my food shopping done at lunch so I think I'm down on my checklist to cleaning my house, trimming the lawn and weeds, and washing the gray right out of my hair for the weekend after work.  I am also going to try and raid BB&B, possibly Ikea, and maybe a Michaels run to get myself organized at home again.  I can't take my cabinets anymore.  Yep, living it up for the next two days.  

Happy almost weekend everyone!  

Respected Contributor

Hey all, It's Friday!   Well the wasp nest is gone.  I insisted he get rid of it.  I even assisted, with the spray that is.   

Laura if you didn't have bad luck you'd have no luck at all!  I hope your knee is alright, you better stay in the rest of the day and night and just lay low, don't want to hear the aliens have come for you!  And the fraud thing, wow people try and get away with anything these days!

Nomless limping, what did I miss?  I hope your alright?  It's so dang hot even here, which I hardly ever say!  92 is hot for us.

MickD great job with the workouts, it's not easy when its scorching outside .  I had to do mine inside for strength but I did walk outside early this morning while it was only 77 outside.  

Judy are you doing alright today?  I think everyone has had it with the heat wave!

My electric bill will be high now leaving this dang AC running non stop!

Stay cool everyone!

Honored Contributor

Should I even say its nice and cool here by the Bay?  Thats why I love living here!  I grew up near the So. Calif desert and grew up with over 100 degrees days in the summer but now that I'm used to this weather, it gets over 85 and I'm whining about the heat.  LOL

Did PiYo and Body Gym this morning.  After work went and got a shingles shot as i didn't want anything to happen while on vacation.  Feel tired tonight so will probably go to bed early.  Have a bunch of errands, some housework, etc., to do tomorrow so will be up and movin' early.

Take care everyone!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Saturday everyone!  Waiting on the cat's blanket to get done before we head out...she gives me stink-eye the entire time I'm washing it...lol.

DH is flying...18 hours of flying.  I drove him to the airport yesterday.  I don't like where he's going at all so this will be a long week.

Judy...hope you're going someplace nice on vacay!  I love the Bay area too...we lived there before also, I worked in Corte Madera...love Saulsilito. 

nomless...thanks.  We'll see how it all goes, dh had his infusion yesterday so he'll be sick all weekend.  They almost wouldn't give it to him because he's lost so much weight.  Had to call his GI doc and get approval.  He is too nauseous to eat the first week after he gets it, then he doesn't have an appetite for 4 weeks.

Laura....oh my "no"...no gel pens for this girl...lol.  I tried the adult coloring book, should have known better.  I can sit still when I'm dead...it stresses me out! 

bopper...I can picture you doing the big attack...from behind closed doors...the ol' hit and run...lol! 

MickD...same temps here.  I was outside quite a bit yesterday and I think it pooped me out.  I can't take Lucy very far though, I have to take her then bring her home and go back out myself. 

Yesterday I did 7 miles and weights...and some pilates.  I love that thing....but it hurts my knee...ugh!  I did some upper body though, there is one exercise in particular I like...and it even works my thighs even though it's an upper-body...that's one thing I like about it, can work your entire body without even realizing it.  Got my bedsheets and upstairs cleaned too so only had to do a quick Siwfter and vacuum down here this morning.  Washing my throws then hitting the pavement.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.  Oh, my wasp sting is finally coming down but it feels like the stinger is still in there!  I may have to do a little surgery. Smiley Wink