Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

@Laura14, I'm surprised that you weren't given a loaner since there is a recalled part involved.

@nomless, don't feel bad.  My Fitbit One is in good working order, too, lol.  My only thing is that I clip it on my watch because I don't like it clipped on my clothes...might lose it.  Also, I like to look at the numbers often.  I'm always afraid that I will break my watch band taking the Fitbit on and off everyday, too.  Plus it doesn't lay flush with the watch...always sticking out and looks out of place.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey all, no workout for me, dad is having issues again so spent some time there with him, relieving my sisters.  We are taking turns.  I'm mentally tired.

Glad the sun is out today and the skies are blue, the winter wonderland is still in full swing here.

Not much else to contribute so have a good evening!

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the well wishes regarding dad, I hope he's on the up swing! 

Honored Contributor

@bopper, it's good that you have help from other family members.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Good morning, Ladies.  It's going to only be in the teens today but there's no icy streets to deal with says the weather persons.  So I guess I'll venture out....with care.  They're saying that by the middle of next week, it will be in the fifties.

Got a QVC and a UPS notification this morning saying that my Fitbit had shipped today, the thirteenth.  Why it took several days to ship is a mystery.  

According to Leslie Sansone's walk DVD, I walked five miles in about an hour! Very contradictory to my fitness center miles in the same about of time.  And it only put about 4000 steps on my Fitbit.

Enjoy your day, everyone. 

Respected Contributor

Bopper, CO tinted prayers for your dad and you. I know it brings you down when he's having problems. Hugs, girlfriend.

I lost another half pound this week. I remain surprised by this pattern of losing a half pound or more each week since I started working at the library. I haven'the changed what I'm eating at all. Wish I had thought of weighing myself before I started the job. I'm adapting to the work, so soon I will go back to doing workouts, at least on my days off, in order to get my HR up and to do strength training.

Respected Contributor

Oh, I just thought of this. Another person at work wants more hours, so boss is trying to figure out a schedule that will allow me to cut back to 3 days a week by giving her some of my hours. Yay! It's quite a puzzle because there are a lot of aides but limits on how many hours each can work and, of course, each aide is available only certain times. Trying to get the best schedule for each person while making sure there is coverage at all times is a task of mental gymnastics. But I'm happy my boss is keeping my preference in mind and trying to work it out. ☺

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  So excited for you on the Fitbit!  Let us know what you think!

@nomless  It must be so nice to work somewhere you are appreciated.  I am almost through my textbook.  The career change plans are rolling on!

@bopper  Still thinking of you and your family.  Heart

@Iluvlucy  I know you're probably hiking another mountain with that cute dog and putting us all to shame but waving hello!

It is HOT here!  People are putting on their ACs.  We are literally around 75-80 degrees.  Where is winter?  Smiley Sad   Those of you who have it please send it this way.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Saturday everyone!  The Red-tailed hawk was just out in our backyard and we are pretty sure he has eyes for Lucy! 

bopper...so glad your dad is doing better.  Pray it continues.

nomless...you're 1/2-pound-a-week library-diet is cracking me up!  Whatever works!  And great news on the hours...hope it works out.

laura...no mountain-climbing today...just mountain climbers.  Funny you said that, dh was talking about wanting us to climb a mountain last night.  I told him if he really wants to, it's something we can look into for a future trip.

Mmsfoxxie...hope you and Laura get your FB's soon. 

Did a weight work-out yesterday morning with some cardio...cut it short to go run errands and go out to lunch with my gf.  She's a character...never a dull moment.  Took Lucy for a run last night...knew this morning wasn't going to be ideal with the nasty weather and ice.  We ran at a pretty good clip, I call her "Secretariat"...lol.

DH and I did a CF AMRAP(as many reps as possible in a certain amount of time) this morning...whew.  We did 15 burpees, 15 KB-swings, 15 jump-squats, 15 push-ups, 15 mountain-climbers, and 15 sit-ups...warm-up and cool-down on rower and jump-rope.  He had to watch his back.

Today is the ice-sclupting competition...I feel bad for them in this nasty weather.  Not going to be a good turn-out.  We may go later...also want to see Hidden Figures.  Have heard nothing but high praise for it. 

Respected Contributor

Hey all,  it's sunny here, started off at about 0 but we are up to 25.   Went cross country skiing by myself this morning, but I have to say the trail was beautiful but the wind was really cold.  I waited until it was 15 out but it felt about 0 when I was out there.   Now just cleaning and making spaghetti sauce for dinner.  Football and more football here today and tomorrow.

Thank you everyone for the prayers for dad, he has improved and is more like himself now.  Mind you my dad may be 89 but he is quite active, lives in the house I grew up in by himself, he cooks, and skis, and rides a snow machine, and a 4 wheeler, hunts and goes to camp so his 89 is quite younger than some 89 year olds, I'm very blessed he doesn't have other issues going on right now.   I have noticed he tires faster but his sense of humor is still there and his hearing is spot on, especially if you are whispering about him, he hears it!  Hahaha  

Hope you are all enjoying your weekends and can get some good down time too.  

Have a great rest of your day!   This picture is from right here!

Image may contain: sky, outdoor and nature