Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the January Exercise Thread

Did my Ride and Power class this morning even though I didn't want to.  I was kind of not with it in Ride but I was all in with Power.  It's funny how sometimes you become Hercules in that class.  I was a planking, clean and press fool.

I am seriously considering buying another Fitbit.  One that goes on my arm so I don't lose it after 2 months this time.  It looks like there is a TSV on Tuesday.  I'll see how good it is and see if I want to make the plunge again.  I miss my walks in the woods and the Fitbit really motivated me to get out there and see how many steps I was doing.  

Keep up the great work!!  We are supposed to get a possible 1-3" of snow down here which we get maybe once every two to three years.  Bread and milk is flying off the shelves so pray for us.  Smiley Wink  

They just don't know what to do with snow around here.  I'll have to shake out my Jersey snow boots and shovel just to make it to the mailbox I'm sure on Saturday.  If I disappear, the 3" got me and I'm still struggling to get out.  Actually, I'll probably be off making snow angels.  Not sure 1-3" will be enough but I'll try it anyway.  I miss the white stuff!! 

Honored Contributor

Hi, everyone.  @bopper, I wish to heaven that loved cleaning like you guys seem to.  I've never loved housework but I kept up with it.  Early in life, I had my kids to help.  After my divorce, it was just my mother and me in my apartment and it was always clean, especially her room.  Then when mom had to go to the nursing home, it was always clean.  There might have been dust but that was it.

Fast forward to my current home, lol.  Well, I tell people to call when they're coming.  My current husband does not do anything but make messes all over the place.  When we first got married, I thought I could 'fix' him.  He leaves water bottles and coffee cups everywhere.  Gets a new dish and silverware from the cupboard each time he wants a snack whereas I rinse something that might be in the sink.  There are always dishes someplace in the house in the morning because he eats in the middle of the night sometimes. When he takes his pants off, his shorts and six are all bunched together.  Wth me working when we got married and him already retired, I wasn't expecting to have to clean after him.  I sweetly complained at first, then more strongly.  Finally, I decided that the battle wasn't worth it.  When I get ready to clean, I clean.  Usually without complaining.  I choose my battles.  You can't change an almost 60 year old person (at the time of our marriage).

@Laura14,  I'm not completely happy with my Fitbit either.  I have the Fitbit One.  Now I realize that I want one on my wrist.  I clip this one onto my watch but I don't like the look.  Also, mine has broken once and they replaced it.  Now, after a couple of months with the new one, sometimes it seems to not count every step/movement.

Girls, this cold still has me down.  I went back to my fitness center Tuesday and did pretty well.  But that night, I coughed more than before which irritated my throat again.  The mucus didn't seem to want to come up.  Thursday, I went and got some Robitussin DM and some apple cider vinegar, lemon juice and raw honey.  The vinegar concoction isn't bad.  I call it my apple cider tea with honey.  I bought a piece of ginger, too, because somewhere in my mind it said to get some, lol.  I really believe it's working.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie  I'm so sorry your sick.  I'm still trying to kick this infection so you have a suffering pal.  I too did apple cider vinegar and that stuff works for everything.  Raising my shot glass.  Here's hoping the last vestiges of illness leave our bodies quickly.

I lost my FItbit One at the gym and was extremely annoyed that it just seemed to slip right out of its carrier.  That's why if I do take the plunge again I want it where I can see it and it's not in something it can fall out of.  It's literally attached to me.  Still waiting on Q to reveal what the TSV is for Tuesday so we'll see...       

Respected Contributor

Foxxie, you're doing well! 

You, too, Bopper. And stay warm.

The library was closed two days, and we're still cleaning up the backlog. I got a good workout today shelving ref books...which are very heavy! I checked in a kids' picture book with a drawing of an alligator on the cover and the title "I'd Really Like to Eat a Child." Oh, my....the boy who was killed by the alligator at Disney World is from my town, so that hit a nerve. A librarian was nearby, so I held up the book and said this was an unfortunate title. She agreed and decided to pull the book from the collection. Probably a good idea, at least in this town. The book was written 5 years ago, long before the incident and long before we knew such a thing could happen. I bet the author was devastated when the event occurred. 

Respected Contributor

Hey all, it's still mighty cold here, didn't get above 10 and the wind chill is below zero.  I rode the Proform bike and watched a movie this morning, then this afternoon, bundled up and took Logan to the trail.  He was fine, I thought maybe his paws would be bothered but he didn't flinch and had fun.

Mmsfoxxie I don't love to clean at all, and I don't even think I"m good at it.  I also have a husband that is sloppy, he's a good man he's just sloppy and leaves his stuff all over and papers all over, nuts and bolts for who knows what...and yes we are over 60 so it is what it is.  Been married for almost 40 years so I guess I put up with it.  

My fitbit is the One also and I haven't had a clip for it in months, it finally wore out so I have been throwing it in my pocket.  I suppose a wrist one would be nice but this tells my steps, stairs, milage, and calorie burn.    It doesn't buzz or anything telling me to move though.

Nomless sounds like you had a good upper body workout.   Good idea to pull the book also.

So does this lemon water with apple cider vinegar and honey really work.  It that all is is , those 3 things?   Somehow the sound of drinking apple cider vinegar makes me want to gag  LOL

Not much more on my end, waving to Lucy, Cater, Judy and anyone wanting to say hi

Respected Contributor

Good morning, happy Friday.

I lost 3/4 of a pound this week, again without even trying. Library workouts are working, lol.

Laura, I saw you migght get snow and ice in your area this weekend. I know it'sounds unusual for your area. Be careful.

Lucy, how are you doing? I hope you found relief from the hives.

Hi, Foxxie, have a good day.

Bopper, stay warm. Glad you have options to do exercise inside. 

Honored Contributor

@nomless  Congrats!!  We are getting our first snow here since 2014 but it's supposed to come in after work so perfect timing.  Let it snow!  Let it snow!  Let it snow!

Honored Contributor

Good morning all.  Ohhh, I'm jealous @nomles.  I'm up 3 lbs, lol.  Oh, well.

I'm coughing much less today and the congestion is breaking up.  I think it was @bopper@that asked the question about the apple cider vinegar.  Yes, I think it helped a lot.  I started cough syrup at the same time, though.  As for the taste, I was pleasantly surprised that it tasted very good.  Similar to the lemonade on the lemonade diet, it you're familiar with that.  I used to fast with that stuff.  Twenty two days once and lost 18 lbs.  Then, I decided to go on it when I got in my 60s and whoa!  On day four, I was at work and got a headache that turned into a massive migraine and had to drive myself home.  Never tried that again!  What you do before 60 might be different for your body after 60.  Regarding the vinegar drink though.......if I were going to drink it on a regular basis I would make sure I rinsed my mouth afterwards and either not use the honey or minimize it.  Right now, I want it to taste good so that I will drink it at least twice a day until the mucus is completely gone.  You taste the vinegar but not much.  Btw, the honey, raw and unfiltered is probably one of the things that make it work.   Some say using Stevia to add more sweetness is good but I have a huge box from Costco bought a couple of years ago when I experimented being a member.  Doesn't taste good to me but since I have some, I'm gonna give it another try.

Well, off to the fitness center I go to give it another try.  I'm sure I'll be find, though.  God is good and has good plans for me.  Now if you hear me complain about stuff, remember that I really believe the previous sentence.  There just times that it gets pushed to the back of my brain.  Here's something we used to say as a group everyday after the morning pledge when I worked at my elementary school.  "Make it a great day or not, the choice I yours".

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I didn't go out afterall.  I stepped down on off my bed yesterday or the day before when I was standing on it to clean the area of dust, thinking that might be part of the reason I was coughing so much besides the cold itself.  I was very careful to not put pressure on it and yesterday evening, it seemed on the mend.  Well, this morning, I was putting a meal together for the crockpot and my kneecap seemed to move and it hurt really badly.  My husband saw me lose my balance and said the knee might not be stable for exercising and to stay home.  Tomorrow I have a funeral to go to and definitely can't be housebound.  My former mother-in-law died and I really have to go.  So , I'm babying myself yet again.  And I couldn't put myself in a position to hear hubby say "see, I told you not to go", lol.  It's feeling better but it did slip on me again.  This is not new, happened just before I retired and a year or two before that but I thought I was past this since I work now.  This, too, shall pass.

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday!   It's sunny here today and really cold but the sun is so nice.  I did get a walk in with Logan on the  trail and a 45 minute ride on the bike watching TV.

Foxxie sorry your knee is hurting, be careful for sure.  Thank you for the apple cider vinegar suggestion.   Not for me but my sister is coughing now.   I have such a gag reflex I wondered if it was nasty.  I'm sure the honey helps.  How much of each thing do you mix if I may ask?

Nomless congrats on the weight loss, thats awesome!   I hope your weekend can give you some down time, sounds like the library has been busy.

Laura did you do a pound class today or a spin class?  My hubby said the Y is really busy and he goes early in the morning to avoid that.

Waving to Lucy, Cater, Judy and everyone else lurking in the bushes, Have a great weekend!

Image may contain: outdoor