Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the February Exercise Thread :)

It's Monday Funday----------  LOL  or is it?  Smiley Tongue

I just finished the bike and the Pilates machine, Im starting to like my machine again, my abs are really sore.  I have the old old 1st one ever presented with the brown carriage pad, it does squeek some and the cords are the kind you have to manually tie to adjust and I always manage to have one slightly longer than the other and that in itself drives me nuts but it still works.  

Iluvlucy you already know how sad your news made me and I continue to send you and your family prayers and love and one day at a time is all you can do.

foxxie I got my fit bit to sync the activity minutes.   It wasn't points it was the activity minutes.  It tracked all my steps but it didn't count my skiing at activity becaue I had to manually log it in.

Nomless thank you, He is having a dye injected EKG today and I hope he can then go home.  

I'm going to shower now and find something to wear to the funeral and I sure hope this is the last one for a long while.  It's overwhelming.

Have a good day everyone!

Honored Contributor

@Iluvlucy I am so sorry for your loss.  Prayers to you and your family.  This happened to me.  I had just announced to everyone the week before I miscarried.....it was rough.  I took only a day off of work because I just could not rest it was very depressing...hormones were bananas.  I hope your DIL does what she needs to do to heal her heart.  They can try again and it will work!  

I did 2.5 mi/34 min on the treadmill.  Haven't worked out since November.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor

Thanks everyone...means a lot to me.  MickD...good to see you...and sorry for your loss as well.  Yes, she went back to work yesterday....we all believe getting back to your normal routine is best for healing.  If you're able, I realize everyone is different.  My son got a 100% on his paper he had to write this weekend so that was good as he was having trouble focusing.  He has mid-terms this week and so much reading and studying which just added more stress.  

I picked up Kit from The Ritz yesterday...lol.  Nomless, you would have laughed at this one...I called to check on her Friday to see how she was doing and once again, she had the entire hotel to herself and was acting like the Queen of Sheba. They left her kennel door open and she came and went as she pleased...also had a big cat tree to lounge on.  They would go in and love her up and said she is so affectionate...acts more like a dog...running to greet everyoe and rubbing up against them.  They were all joking she was probably happy to have a break from Lucy...ay. 

Yesterday was beautiful here, did my soul good.  I got in a lot of running and walking...took Lucy out for a 3-mile run, then met my one gf and did 5 miles, then met my neighbor at noon for another 5.  Also did a good work-out with upper-body circuits and walked a little last night to meet dh so had over 17 miles and I didn't even wear my fitbit all day because it had to be charged. 

Well, today is legs then I'm sure I'll head out with Beth earlier then my neighbor later again.  We're going grocery shopping and out to lunch(my neighbor and I) so don't think we'll have time for a longer one. 

Hope everyone has a nice day.  Thanks again. <3 

Honored Contributor

Did 2.5 mi/35 min on the treadmill.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Afternoon, Group.  And to respond to @Iluvlucy, it has been a wonderful even though it was rainy and foggy this morning.  I'm thankful that the thunderstorm part of the rain was through the night so I didn't have to drive through it.

I had a good workout this morning.  This instructor is called the energizer bunny and everybody loves his classes.  I told him he is the Tormentor but we are the Masochists since we keep coming back for more, lol.  This was a body and sculp class but he also does step classes, water aerobics, line dancing, cardio and Zumba.  On Tuesdays, he does 3 high energy classes back to back up til 12:30.  Then he comes back at 6 pm for 2 other classes.  He looks to be in his forties maybe.  Hard to tell about these bald guys, lol.  So I did his sculpt class and his Zumba class.

BTW, the other day I said my hubby's doctor said he had pre diabetes.  Well, I assumed he talked to the doctor but it was his office.  He was asked to come back for further testing this past Monday and the glucose level is type 2 diabetes.  So his playing around with pop and KFC and Popeyes had better be over because this is in addition to his other issues.  He just got over cancer.  A visit to the nutritionist is being set up.

I wasted money on that Fitbit, lol.  Oh wait, he did go to his gym this morning but said it exhausted him.  I told him slow start is good.  It's the consistency that's important.  We're gonna win if it kills me, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey all, it's one snowy Tuesday here, hasn't quit since I woke up this morning, shoveled 3 times already.  Very pretty though.  I had to be out of the house early for a teeth cleaning and didn't get any groceries as the car is acting up and hubby said to go right home so we're  a little low on food but like we all have said we probably have enough to survive a long while LOL

I did Pilates on the reformer today and took the trail with Logan and it was hard going and I know tomorrow I"ll have to use the snowshoes.  That's a workout too on those snowshoes but I enjoy the woods.

Lucy glad to hear DS did so well on his paper, it couldn't have been easy at all with his distraction and sadness .   I hope your DIL just takes it easy, everyone deals differently, continued prayers.

MickD glad to see you here.  It's been a while!

My friends Dr. told her for sciatica to walk backwards very very slowly on a treadmill for 15 minutes a day.  I"ll have to look up why?   My husband has sciatica all the time 24/7...nothing seems to help him but we can't afford a PT either so we do what we can.  I have told him to stretch it on the Pilates but you have to do it, not just say " I should".

Nomless you doing okay?   

Foxxie my fitbit still works pretty good, it's just the "One" but it's going strong!  Hubby snowblowed a track around my whole yard so I can get out and do loops,  I have figured 5 times around gives me 1000 steps.   I have a big yard so that's good, speaking of he'll have to for sure do it tonight with all this snow.

Have a good day everyone!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Morning!  Been up since 3:30.  Kit has a dental this morning and needs a couple of teeth pulled so I'm always nervous about the anesthesia.  Going to the gym anyway so I'm going to switch around the classes then I can walk with Beth after I drop her off at the vet and have my work-out under my belt.

Nomless...how's your week going?  How have your feet been, have they adjusted?

bopper...still snowing?  We were 70* yesterday and supposed to have snow tomorrow! 

Mmsfoxxie....sorry to read about your husband, hope he's able to maintain it well with medication, diet, and exercise.  Diabetes is rampant in my family, I'm the only one that doesn't have it...on both sides.  They say it's very hereditary. 

Mick D...hope your son is doing well.  You picked up right where you left off though!

I had another high mileage/step day yesterday.  Then went back out for a run...and walk, with dh last night when he got home from work...usually I walk to meet him but he got off early so he likes to change clothes and head out on those rare occasions.  My legs and lower back muscles are sore today, I had a good work-out yesterday and can feel it today.  My tailbone hurts though, there are a couple of exercises I do on my pilates machine that always hurts it, I keep thinking I'll get used to it but not so sure about that!  Haven't done dead-lifts for a couple of weeks either and that can bother it.

I fell yesterday...I was doing 1-legged squats with the tube band I have hanging over our pull-up bar...then use a band around my ankle that is attached to our power-tower...hard to explain but I go down for 1-legged squat then stand up and do some leg pulls with the band around my ankle but it also holds my leg up in the air and keeps tension on it....well, I squatted down, lost my balance, and between the tension on the rubber tube I was doing the squats with and the one around my ankle, they pulled me back and slammed me into the door-frame...haha....I'm glad I was in my own home!

Guess I better get going...have a lot to do and I'm guessing I'll poop out at some point, 3:30 is early even for me. 

Honored Contributor

Oh my goodness, @Iluvlucy, I'm afraid of you Lady, lol.  You have a lot of energy....wish I had it like that.  Looks like you really enjoy exercising, which is good whereas I only tolerate it because I know if you don't use it, you lose it.  Obviously, you have pretty good bones, too.  Don't ignore that tailbone pain, though.  I've known a couple of people mention how that can turn into a real chronic problem.  Btw, have you ever done a marathon?  Sounds like you could.

Speaking of dentists, I got to find one soon.  I'm overdue for a cleaning mainly because my regular dentist dropped out of my provider list.  I found another in network dentist but it was in a busy strip mall and I always consider how much in and out of parking lot traffic there is.  At the time I had an HMO plan because I was under Cobra (due to my retirement, complicated) for 18 months and that ended in December.  I trusted my old dentist and hygienist or at least had grown to know I wasn't going to be in too much pain during any procedure.  I'm a big old baby, lol.

Yesterday was in the forties and this morning there's snow on the ground and in the twenties.  Doesn't look like much, though.

Well, I hope all of the group has a pleasant day.  I'm gonna do grocery shopping....I like to do that early before people get out in mass, they have cut back on cashiers.  Since I've retired, I've tried really hard to be ok with waiting in line but I still feel the need to quickly find to shortest line so as not to stand there waiting.  The other week the lady in front of me was trying to do a debit and the funds weren't there.  She said that was impossible.  Clerk tried again, same result.  Then the lady dug in her purse trying to find the money and ended up having to put a lot of stuff back.  My foot was tapping.  I couldn't do the 'pass it on' thing for her, lol.  Broke myself.

I must seem very affluent to my relatives because in the last couple of months I've donated to one, loaned to another to be paid back by the first of February and it's now the 8th of said month and just last week, my cousin's husband in another state died and she had a GoFundMe going on FB because his hospital bill was extreme (Medicare fees had went to the next level) so I gave to that, paid for one day's bill.  Three out of budget items in about six weeks time.  I have a problem with people saying loan when they mean give.  Oh, last week, hubby's car repair was $2083!  

Hubby just called and said the roads seem fine to him but two trucks are on the side of the road as if they spun out, separate incidents.  I'm gonna have to rethink going out today.

Everybody have a great day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi, all. So many posts here. I love it.

Lucy, it sounds like Kit had a fine time at her luxury hotel, !Ol. It's awesome that you have a good place to board her when necessary. I hope her procedure today goes well. Congrats to DS and lots of good wishes for DIL as she gets back into her normal routine. Keeping a normal routine can be comforting when one's world has turned upside down. 

Foxxie, what a wake-up call for DH. Lots of good wishes to him, too. I hope he will take it seriously and addresses it seriously and consistently. I know it's hard, but it can be done.

Hi, Bopper, I hope your uncle is doing OK.

Hi, Mick, good to see you.

Lucy, thanks for asking about my feet, lol. Wearing shoes that are a size too big has helped a lot. No more heel pain or toe pain. The callus on the ball of my foot still hurts, though. I'm now using a silicone pad under the ball of my foot, and it helps some. Callus seems a bit smaller, but I'm still wondering if it should be checked out by a podiatrist. I'm doing much better getting through the work day, though, yay. I don't get as tired and sore as I did at the beginning. I seem to have adapted to what is a long duration, low intensity workout. It's still not easy, but it is a lot easier to get through the day than it was at the beginning.

Snowy here today. Glad it's not a work day. I'll stay put and will nest at home today.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi, @nomless.  You probably do need to go to a podiatrist....and have the callus taken off.  I know a good pedicure can remove a lot because I get them on the bottom of one of my feet and they're removed using the pedicure.  I have one on the side of each big toe and while it's better after a pedicure, it's still there.  If your insurance will cover it, make an appointment.  Mine isn't bothering me, otherwise, that's what would do.  Over time calluses just get thicker.