Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the February Exercise Thread :)

It's Thursday already!  This week is flying by...throws me off when DH has Monday off for a holiday. 

nomless and bopper....ANW was insane!  Another time maybe...sigh.  LOL!  nomless...not sure about the move, a lot to consider...moving itself is stressful too, a lot of work.  I'm not looking forward to doing it again in 3 months!  We haven't even been here a year.  Sounds like you've pretty much made up your mind though. 

MickD....aaaccck!  Hope you don't hurt your back scrubbing your tiles, that's hard work.

Mmsfoxxie...sounds like you really enjoyed your class!  In my Attack class we do a couple of "group" soundtracks and I love it....very fast-moving and fun.

Laura....where are you???  I hope everything is okay.  And cater...love seeing your name pop up from time to time.  And Candlequeen and a couple other new ladies that popped in and popped out.

I'm sore....all over...and I mean all over.  I took a class at a Pilates studio yesterday and the instructor said we'd all be sore today regardless of what we've been doing...but I think a lot of mine is from what I did on Tuesday...did a lot of strength and different exercises.  But yesterday made me feel it all more.  They use the TRX straps there too...you get off the reformer and do sets of the tension pulls and TRX, Barre, etc., after we did the reformer.  I'd love to sign-up but I have another gym membership where I can do Barre and pilates...it's too far to drive and too expensive.  So I ordered the box for mine and will make the best of it!  I did enjoy the ladies I took the class with though, more so than the other studio I went to a few months ago...much friendlier. 

The instructor was so interesting, her background was dance, ballet, etc.  Said she went to a special school for it all and being weighed was part of their grade...which led to all kinds of body-image issues.  She said Pilates has helped her come out of it.  She said it was quite unhealthy. 

I did a trail-run Tuesday after dh and I worked-out(we've been working out in the early morn) and didn't pass another soul the entire way...loved it.  Stopped by the water and took it all in.  The water was crystal clear...I did some yoga and stretching(no one around) while listening to the water over the rocks...so peaceful. 

Meeting my gf later to walk....guess I should head out with Lucy.  I stretched this morning and that may be it for anything besides cardio today...ouch. 

Hope everyone has a nice day.  We are above normal too...supposed to hit 70 on Saturday....ugh.  Was watchign the news last night and they were showing the businesses around here that have lost so much money this winter because of the lack of snow...a couple of trucking places are really hurting. 

Respected Contributor

Foxxie, I hope your day goes as planned today. You got a lot done yesterday evening though the day was topsy turvy.

Bopper, hope you had fun with DGD.

Lucy, the Pilates instructor sounds very cool. Glad you had fun.

It was 75 (!) Here yesterday. Snow tomorrow but temp 32-37, so I'm hoping the snow will melt on streets which have to be warm given our weather lately. 

Oh, the last couple of days I've seen friends I haven't seen for awhile, and all commented "You've lost weight!" So I guess my library diet (lol) is producing visible results. I appreciated their feedback and then told them about my hard work. Which I have to do today, ugh.

Coco went to the vet yesterday for shots. I love my vet and always enjoy seeing him. He likes me, too, because I'm a good pet mom. It's always good to see him and catch up on what's going on in our lives. Nice guy.

Honored Contributor

@nomless, that's another reason to stay put in your apartment, you can enjoy your pet there.  Many places don't accep them.

Good morning all!  It's going to be cooler today but still nice and above average for February so nobody should complain.  A like jacket will suffice.

@Iluvlucy, I've been considering doing one of the Pilates classes but hesitate because it's on the floor.  My track record isn't good when I might have to get on my knees.  When I do my walk at the fitness center on the track, sometimes there is a Pilates class going on and as I round the track, there are a couple of windows there to look down upon the exercise room.  I can tell that it's riguous but good for the core.

Well, time to get up and see what the day brings.  Take care all.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey all, snow has come, heavy and wet but very pretty!   This morning I did my Proform bike for 40 minutes and then did the Reformer for 35 minutes, shoveled the deck and the walk way.  My GD is here now so short on time!  Hahah imagine that!  She's only 1 so have to keep my eyes on her.

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

Honored Contributor

Well, @bopper and everyone, it's not snowing in my area but there was light rain.  But the forecast had been for thunderstorms.  Maybe they had hard rain in the city, though.  It's in the forties so I'm grabbing a bigger coat and maybe my Uggs to help cover my legs.  My leggings are mid calf length.

Speaking of leggings, what do you guys mostly exercise in?  Are you all cute or just functional?  I'm not built for leggings for everyday wear but I love them for exercising in.  In the summer when I don't wear a coat or sweater, I try not to make any stops, even the store.  

Ive been dreaming about that carrot cake that I had a couple of weeks ago.  Since I don't need it, maybe I should call it a nightmare, lol.

Enjoy your day, Ladies.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

It's cold and snowy here today and conditions will worsen throughout the aftwrnoon, when I have to work. I'm hoping the library will announce an early close, but so far nothing.

Foxxie, my workout gear consists of stretchy things that fit loosely. I'm definitely not a leggings person!

Valued Contributor

Hope you got to work and home safely nomless.  Still snowing bopper? 

Mmsfoxxie...I wear both long and short running tights(leggings) depending upon the weather...and I wear boy-shorts or running shorts all summer long.  I had running shorts on all day yesterday since we were in the 70's...ugh!  Even have a tan-line already! 

Class was tough yesterday, it was so hot in there....did 3 early with Lucy and then met my gf later and we went on a looonnng, hard, fast, 8-mile hike...mainly uphill.  My heart-rate was up as high for one hill as it was for burpees earlier!  Then dh, Lucy, and I went out again after he got home from Va Beach(he was out of town for a couple of days).

My gf's husband that I hiked with is in Afghanistan...his father died yesterday afternoon.  Trying to get him home...it isn't the easiest and it surely isn't a one-day flight.  I went over to her house to help...she's okay, lots of phone calls and texts. 

I put my Bosu ball on my Refromer....you can really feel your abs while doing other exercises with that!  My gf's said I need to patent one of my ideas I have rigged up down there...lol!  I have a bar with bungee cords on it that I use 100 different ways and found 101 yesterday...one of my favorite pieces of exercise equipment ever. 

Anyway, we're drinking coffee and watching the news...haven't had a slow morning in a long time.  It's nice once in a while...especially after what we woke up to...I'll spare you all that story. Smiley Wink 

Honored Contributor

Good great morning, everyone.  Snow was forecast but none on my side of town.  In the low twenties, though!!  Earlier this week for a couple of days, it was near 70.

@Iluvlucy, you probably would be a good Survivor candidate, lol.  Bonsu ball....is that that half circle ball?  I'm slowly getting out of my habit of not taking classes using that one and the big ball that I think is called the flexibility ball.  I'm thinking about getting one to use in the kitchen while I watch tv.  Me watching tv in the kitchen while hubby watches his programs in his man cave/family room is our way of togetherness, lol.  We can still talk to each other that way.  We're old, I know, lol.

Well, if it's Saturday, it must be Zumba day.  Add a walk on the track and that should be good enough

@Iluvlucy, I hope your friend's husband is able to get back without any trouble.  This is not a good time to be traveling too far out of the United States, that's for sure.  Actually, traveling has been getting more problematic for a while now.  I doubt if I ever go out of this country again.  I'm not a brave person.  Also, people on the plane seem to be going bonkers for any reason they see fit.

Have a great, safe day, everybody.

Respected Contributor

I feel badly about the poor guy in Afghanistan whose dad died. What an awful circimstance to be making a difficult journey....alone. Poor guy.

Lucy, an Bosu ball on a reformer?? Can't picture that but it certainly sounds inventive. 😊

Fortunately, streets were only wet yesterday despite the snow, so no difficulty getting to and from work. I realized this morning I have nothing for dinner, so I guess I need to go to the grocery today. I have no idea what I feel like eating.

I got a MyPillow pet bed for my cats. The pillow is an ordinary My Pillow  (probably a firm one, lots of stuffijg), and the cover is very nice. I put it in the dryer to fluff it up, and then put it in the chair they like to sleep in. They jumped right up and settled down, and they seem to love it. Shadow layed on it for awhile but then came back to me (he prefers to be as close to me as possible), but Coco still is curled up in it.

Bopper and Foxxie and Mick, have a good day. SFGirl, how's your training going? Also wonder how Laura and Cater are. Miss them.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to show you what we came across this morning on our route...big ol' Snapping Turtle full of mud and muck.  He was so pooped out from walking pretty far with all that heavy stuff on him so I had to clean it off of him...couldn't just leave it.  See if I can download them....

16996276_10212048230470527_4131594303454951027_n.jpg16998251_10212047174564130_5491194317245670307_n.jpg