Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the February Exercise Thread :)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone, I feel rushed now.   I had this page open, forgot about it and did other things and now remembered and hubby is picking me up to go to dinner.  Just a casual little place, then hurrying back to babysit my Granddaughter.

Today I did an hour on my treadmill and 30 minutes on the Pilates.

Sorry short on time, waving to all.  Keep up the workouts everyone, and don't anyone get hurt and feel better to those who are under the weather.

Honored Contributor

@bopper, I'm sure you enjoyed your dinner out because the occasion was special.  

I did did my body sculpting class, my flexibility class and half of a Zumba class today.  That was enough.  The Tuesday Zumba instructor is my energizer bunny instructor and he was wild, lol.  I loved it but my knee said you're over doing it.  So I listened.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Hey, Peeps.  I had a mild day today, just walked.  I feel sorry for the people that were swimming.  Showers aren't working.  As I was leaving the center, I tried to get water from the fountain (they have the best water, we have well water).  The spout would barely come up.  I told the clerk at the desk and she said a water main just broke.  Wow!  That means no showers and as I akready had found, no toilet flushing.  When I was driving away, I saw workers digging trying to repair it.

When I got home and turned on my computer, I saw that there was an email from them alerting those that they could that they should call first before coming.  Unfortunately, most people don't check their email before coming.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, was quite snowy this morning, I almost didn't go get groceries but hubby said the highway salted so I went, and then came right back.  Not much news here.  I did 35 minutes on the Reformer and walked Logan, then just shoveling and stuff around here.

Dinner was nice, like I said very casual.  In and out and home.  I did make my dad  a homemade Valentine card and he loved it.  I told him I'm not better with the glue than I was when I was 5  Hahaha....  Glue and glitter, yes I'm still his "girlie" daughter!

I hope everyone had a good day!

Valued Contributor

And here we are at Thursday already!  Kit had her follow-up at the vet yesterday and Lucy got groomed.  Both survived. Smiley Wink 

nomless....that chair looks pretty cool!  I've been using my over-the-door-bands a lot, I love them.  I hold onto the handles and go all the way back down to the floor and touch my head in a back-bend, then I use my core and thighs to pull me back up and you can really feel it.

Mmsfoxxie...I don't check my email all day long either, usually only once a day.  I hope they got it fixed!

bopper...I'm sure your dad enjoyed it.  I'm allergic to glitter...true story!

Tuesday I hiked early with my one gf, then went again later with my neighbor.  

Yesterday...mmph...oh well...who cares..lol.  Oh...I went with my gf and we did another new trail.  Then I did a good mix with pilates, tower, weights, bands, jump-rope, etc...and did a speed mile+ on treadmill.  I need to start doing that more again since I've been power-walking so much with my friends. 

Heading out with dh now!  Have a great day!! 

Honored Contributor

Boy, was it hard to sign in this morning.  Oh, well.

Good morning, Everyone.  Yes, @Iluvlucy, it's  Thursday already.  I keep saying, the older I get, the faster time goes by.  When I was working, Fridays didn't come nearly this fast.

@Iluvlucy, glad the dogs are doing well.  Did you watch the dog show the other day?  I just show a bit of it on the news.  Some of those dogs are so fancy looking which must be a lot of expensive upkeep.  Then sometimes, a plain looking dog will win.

Someone mentioned the Nano chair in a previous post.  I think that similar to the chair Susan Lucci sells??  I have that one.  Hubby got it for me for Christmas several years ago.  I think it's folded up under the bed.  To be honest, I didn't really give it a chance.  I focused on the fact that it hurt my knees when I had to put my knee on the seat.  And my arthritic thumb sometimes would hurt.  At that time, I was just starting to feel real arthritic pain and recognize that this was what my body was going to forever feel, even getting worse and that exercise would help it In moderation.  Bottom line was that I wasn't in exercise mode then. Maybe I should reintroduce myself to it....get the dust off

Have a nice day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Yesterday, I watched Evine for the first time because they had an hour devoted to the Nano Gym chair.  I decided I should see what I bought  (no surprises). Chris Freitag is the spokesperson for it. It was fun to see her again.

Foxxie, the Nano Gym and Q's version MasterGym are different from Lucci's chair.  Her chair doesn't have the cords for resistance training. 

After seeing the presentation, I'm glad I bought a spare chair and extra cords. Because my space is limited, it's a great piece of equipment for me. It provides more than enough resistance for me. 

Temps here continue to be very mild. Nice!

Had a dental appt yesterday. No issues, thank goodness. Back to work today. I'm loving my 3 days a week. It'seems great.

Valued Contributor

Haha....nomless, I came back here because I forgot to tell you I told a gf of mine about the Nano gym you got...and here you were talking about it!  She needs strength training and doesn't want the weights and something to take up a lot of room.  So please let me know how you like it after trying it a bit.  She may get it.

Mmsfoxxie...I have the Pilates one from Susan Lucci too....don't care for it at all.  It was a waste of money, I may donate it to someplace. 

While I'm here, I ran with DH early this morning then we did like a CF WOD with our weights and equipment in the basement.  Walked 5 with my gf(I ran 1 home) so I'm over 12 already....then going with my other gf at noon.

It was snowing like a Banshee here....wind is strong too....and they said it was going to be sunny and mild.  Once again, not even close! Smiley Tongue  The horses had their coats on this morning. 

Respected Contributor

Just adding a comment about what a difference getting sleep makes. Tues night I couldn't sleep, and yesterday I felt terrible. I was sad and didn't feel like doing anything. Felt kind of sick. The few things I had to do were tremendous chores. I had no interest or excitement about anything. Was way down in the dumps.

Last  night, I took a sleep aid (overv5he counter, not prescription), and I slept fairly well. And today, everything looks brighter. Moving is easier, I'm not slogging through mud like yesterday. I don't mind that I have to go to work. I can think again, I want to do things. It's like a dense fog has listed, all because I got some sleep.

I sure do wish I could sleep every night. I know it's bad to rely on sleep aids so I use them only once or twice a week, when I feel desperate for sleep. Sleep is a wonderful thing.

Honored Contributor

Well I feel like a slug....haven't been on the treadmill as a worker at our house is using the outlet in the garage where the treadmill is....the door is cracked open ....yada yada....  I am not supposed to run outside unless I really am in top shape with the foot....which I am not.  My son is now running and I am so jealous...I wanna run like the wind with him!  I'll figure out something tomorrow!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G