Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the February Exercise Thread :)

Morning, I thought I'd post early as I have 2 funerals beginning at 10 am and I know i'll be pretty drained when I get home.

Just taking a slow day today, it's really cold here at 6 above so I"m just having my coffee, reading my devotions and being quiet.

Have a great Friday everyone!

Honored Contributor

Good morning, Group.  @bopper, I hate to hear when people have to go to funerals. I don't think I could do two in one day.  Hope you got through it without losing too much spirit.

Yesterday didn't go as planned and I'm not sure why.  Hubby went out early toStarbucks and called me telling me how cold and windy it was.  Maybe that influenced me but when he came home around 9 am, I hadn't left and hadn't even gotten dressed.  Long story short, I didn't leave the house all day and actually felt blah.  Didn't exercise either.  I did just enough movement to get a little over my goal of 10,000 steps or as I like to call it activity points because more than steps contribute to that number.

Friday is one of my favorite fitness center days so I'm definitely going out. The instructor is a fairly young woman and I really enjoy her cardio class, one of the reasons being that my Fitbit goes through the roof. We tease her because when she arrives we see and hear her two little boys first.  They look to be 3 and 4 years old have more energy than my kids ever had.  There's a nursery there for staff and members.

"Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good.  His mercy endureth  forever ".  That's been on my mind since I awakened so thought I'd throw it out to you guys.  Enjoy your day.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I am getting back into exercising after a couple weeks off with a horrible cold.....I have started back on my bike(stationary) for 45 minutes 5 days a week, plus 10 minutes of stretching after......I want to keep adding 5 minutes so that by beginning of Summer, I am up to 1 hour........Once Summer is here, well actually Spring, I will alternate between walking 3 miles a day, and my exercise bike on the alternate days.........My husband loves to walk and I have learned to do it and like it as well........  

Respected Contributor

Bopper, I hope you feel better today now that the funerals are behind you. I hope you van enjoy a quiet weekend with DH and Logan.

Foxxie, about your lazy day....some days are like that - we'really not really sick, but just low energy and not into it. I applaud your getting in 10k steps despite how you felt. Some days we need other lay low and take it easy.

Candlequeen, glad you're feeling better. Ease back into things.

Starting next week, I'll be working only 3 days a week. Yay! Another person wanted more hours, so boss gave her one of my shifts. I'm happy she was able to honor my request. I still have my least favorite shift, I wish she had given that day to the other person. But, oh, well, I'm still happy.

I got along much better at work this week. I didn't get as tired, thank goodness. Maybe my body is getting used to the physical demands. Hope so. My boss said her tracker tells her she usually does 9 miles during the workday. All that walking adds up!

Honored Contributor

How right you are @nomless about the lazy day, as long as I don't make a habit of it, lol.  I was back to my routine yesterday with my workout.  I did close to 17,000 activity points....10,000+ during my workout alone.  You know, it's just nice to get out of the house, too.  I can't wait for the 60 plus weather days.

Working three days a week sounds like just enough work time and me time for yourself, nomless.  Balance.  Are the three days together or scattered?  I think I'd like Monday through Wednesday just in case you want to go out of town or something.

Nice to see you @CANDLEQUEEN.  Hello, everybody.  Should have said that first....duh, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Happy Super Bowl Sunday---  Go Falcons!  I skied this morning with my sister, the trail was really nice and woods so pretty.  Funny thing is my Fit Bit isn't giving me any activie minutes used and I'm pretty sure cross country skiing is considered activity, you do huff and puff  LOL  

Nomless I have another funeral tomorrow, my friends mom passed and lived in the neighborhood.   My Uncle is also in the hospital as of yesterday, doing heart testing and he's 84 and my dad's only brother so dad is very worried and we're trying to help him understand what is being done so he realizes that his brother is in a good hospital and they are doing everything necessary to find out what brought him there.

We're grilling steaks, yes it's only 19 degrees out but we've grilled in 0 weather so this is balmy for us.  Then watching the game.

Nice to see you CandleQueen and you and I are both waiting for Spring/ Summer!

Nomless glad you are able to have another day off!  

Mmsfoxxie I'm confused on actitivy points, it's telling me I have none today, and I skied for 45 minutes.   

Have a good rest of the day!

Honored Contributor

Happy Sunday, everyone.

@bopper, something is wrong if you have no activity points.  Do you mean like zero?  I have over 4,000 just from housework today.  I was sweating but housework isn't a lot of movement like fast walking or calisthenics.  I would think skiing would be high energy and lots of movement?  Is your battery ok?  How old is the Fitbit?

Yesterday I had over 16,000 but I did Zumba and walking.  And let me tell that a one hour Zumba class can give me between 3,000 to 4,000 points.  And since she has up bending up and down a lot, it calculates as a lot of stairs.  Yesterday was 30 stairs.  I read somewhere that Fitbit calculates stairs by the amount of times you go up a certain distance and down again.  If you go up a stairwell but don't go back up, it won't calculate as stairs.  You have to do the up and down motion.  Strange.

Once when my other Fitbit stopped working, their customer service suggested I remove it and then install it again.  It worked...for a couple of months, then it stopped again.  They were very nice....sent me a new one and checked back with me to see if I received it.  A week later, another emailed asked me if it was working ok.

Valued Contributor

Had a rough week....just got back home last night, felt good to be in my own bed.  Remember when ds and my dil came down an surprised us 3 weeks ago?  Well, they were pregnant...and we were all over the moon.  We bawled like babies, even dh couldn't stop crying. 

Wed morning they went in at 7:30 for their ultra-sound and the baby had died at 9 weeks.  We were devastated...I was out walking with my gf when I got the news, couldn't get home fast enough.  They were so heartbroken, as a mom, I couldn't stand seeing and hearing them like that, it literally broke my heart. I just wanted to get there to help them out in any way I could.

She had to have a DandC Friday morning...that alone was extremely difficult for her as it felt like she was doing something else.  To make matters worse, ds's car broke down, my husband took it in Friday morning while she was having the surgery and it would cost way more to fix than it's worth...ugh.  Then with him in school...really bad timing.

DH took them Saturday and helped them get a new car...last thing they wanted to be doing but it is what it is.  Of course we helped so they could get a newer, nicer model and still have low monthly payments.  I did all their laundry, grocery shopped, cleaned, cooked, etc.  As parents, you live to make your kid's lives easier...but still can't fix everything. 

So thankful for their faith, family, and friends.  Deliveries were coming in and meals are being dropped off this week by their church friends.  Made me feel better about leaving. 

Honored Contributor

@Iluvlucy, I'm so sorry to hear all of your bad news.  I can only imagine how heart broken all of you feel but especially your ds and dil.  And then the car.  When it rains, it pours.  One baby does not replace another, I know, but hopefully, dil is able to conceive again.

My dil is 8 weeks along and just getting over morning sickness.  She's high risk because she has diabetes.  She had been taking fertility drugs, gave up and then, it just happened.

Aww, such bad news!  You know, the car problem seems like bad timing but hopefully, the distraction helped somewhat??  I don't know if that makes sense, but.....  I'm assuming that her body had not went through any trauma so the fetus must have been sick.  Or is she, like my dil, has difficulty conceiving.  Age matters, too.  My dil is 32 and they've been married less than 2 years but she has 'female' problems.

You've done all you can.  Time is the only thing that will help all of you find peace.  God be with you.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Awww, Lucy, I'm so sorry. It's heartbreaking. How wonderful you and DH were able to be with them, you're such a tight family. And how wonderful for you to help out with a car for the kids. Love, hugs, and prayers for all of you.

Bopper, prayers for your uncle, too. I hope he's ok.