Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the February Exercise Thread

It's a shame about the tree, Skylark, but good for you for recognizing you have no choice, it must go.  It sounds like a strong spring storm could take it out in an unexpected manner, so better to do it safely.

Laura, yay that Pound classes will be back and that you like BodyGym.  It's great to have workouts we enjoy....I'm still looking, lol.

Hi, Bopper, are you happy with your haircut? 

Patty, thinking of you and family.  I hope you all are making progress on all fronts...medically, cars, move, and more.  Hang in there.

It's a sunny day here and temp is mild.  I was changing lanes a lot driving home to avoid the puddles.  After washing my car Sunday, I want it to stay clean as long as possible!

Today would be a great day to go do a workout, but I'm going out in a little while, so I don't have time today.  Grrrr.  Will try tomorrow.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bopper, I know you enjoy Dec things.  I ordered the set of 3 egg shaped luminaries in white.  I liked them and the reviews are great.  I'll probably put them on my dining room table.  

Honored Contributor

Did my usual Ride and Power this morning trying to keep up with all of you.  

I hope that tree is still standing Skylark and not pinning your neighbors to their beds.  Smiley Very Happy

Have a great Thursday!

Honored Contributor

Dear Ladies,

I went for my first dog walk yesterday since my second hip replacement in July. Actually it has been over a year since I have exercised on a regular basis. Both knees replaced in 2013, and one hip in 2014 and the other in 2015.  I just had a hard time coming back from all the surgery... my body JUST started feeling stronger.

I also have arthritis in my upper back.  If flares up every so often to where I can hardly lift my arms up. But right now I feel better so off to walking I go. I will shoot for every morning for about 50 minutes. 

I use to walk for up to two hours a day before all my joint surgeries. The pain became so bad before replacement I could hardly walk. Now I have almost no pain in the replaced joints other than stiffness from not using them. I hope in 6 months time I will start feeling stronger again as I did a couple of years ago.  The surgeries are difficult, but with good nutrition and  rest you can over come it.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Congratulations!  I'm sure you and the dog loved it.  I'm so happy for you!   Smiley Very Happy  

That's a lot to overcome.  I'm so glad you're getting back to your regular self again.  I was just thinking I need to get back to walking.  I see a lot of the girls do it here and I miss it.  I thought about hitting the park last weekend and didn't do it but I may take a trip through the woods again this weekend.  I'm starting to get a lot of wear and tear on myself from the gym and walking is about the best exercise I've ever found.  Keep doing it!  Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone,  this morning I used the BodyGym for 30 minutes and then did more shoveling,,,been doing a lot of that lately and snow blowing.  Tomorrow a high of 9 with blowing and drifting so more shoveling and blowing!  Oh well, what can ya do!

Welcom SeaMaiden, you have had your share of surgeries, I'm glad your able to get out and about now.  Walking is great exercise and I love to walk.  Just wish it wasn't so cold here but I use my treadmill and ride a stationery bike too.    Just keep doing a little each day and you will feel so good both mentally and physically!

Skylark I hope your safe in the storms!   Seems some are getting snow and some rain and flooding.

Nomless I love decorating.  Thanks on the Eggs, Ill look at them.  Hubby said no more unless I get rid of something...but I love it all!  Hahha  Next week there is a Lantern TSV.  I LOVE lanterns,,,,missed out the last time the Lanterns were the TSV but I'm broke so probably not getting these either and with my sons wedding next Nov. I'm trying to get things together little by little so it isn't overwhelming me later. 

Take care everyone!

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden, welcome to this thread.  Congratulations on getting your joints repaired.  As you know, you can regain your strength and stamina, but take it sort of slow.  You want to push a little, but not two much.  Be wise and pay attention to how your joints and muscles are feeling.

I had both hips replaced 10 years ago.  In fact, it was after my surgeries that I realized strength wouldn't come back by itself, I'd have the to work at it.  This began my workout regime, which is still going strong. . well, until the past couple of months when I've slacked off but I'll get back into it.

We love furkids, many of us have dogs and/or cats.  I''d love to hear about your fur Buddy.

Hi to all -- hope you're having a good day.

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone!  Not a ton of sleep again last night, waiting on some test restults and thinking we'll get both back today.  One is for ds's ultra-sound on the spot on his liver and the other is for our little Lucy.  Lymphnodes were swollen and she didn't have a temp or any infection sight so he biopsied one.  She's on antibiotics in case it is an infeciton and seems to be acting better so we're praying that is it.  She's only 3 so we'd be shocked...and devastated. 

They just said on the news that 15 states are below zero this morning, I know the kids are.  We're supposed to get there by tomorrow which is not the norm for this area...even North Carolina is in the zero range!  DH said even FL was cold when he was there this week.  They're already calling off school for the snow that is coming today(my gf is a teacher and she said they called her last night)...and it isn't that much...lol. 

Going to DC area house-hunting tomorrow(if we don't get bad test results and all goes as planned, I'm afraid to plan anything anymore). 

I did a tough treadmill work-out yesterday doing squats, lunges, side-lunges, squat jumps, etc., on the moving treadmill.  I did a class once and it's a great work-out.  Oh!  Lucy and I saw another Bald Eagle while out walking...I can't get enough of them.  Early Sunday morning when I was driving back from taking dh to the airport, there were about 7 of them sitting on a log in the lake, so beautiful!! 

Had lunch with a gf yesterday and we talked forever!  I had so much to do that I didn't get to so they're all on my to-do list for today. 

Welcome SeaMaiden, glad you're healing.  I have terribe arthritis(amongst other things) in my neck that I'm in physical therapy for, I said "absolutely not" to any surgery at this point so will hold out as long as I can.  Glad you chimed in and are back at it!

DH is off today so I'll have a work-out partner.  Hopefully our new vehicle will be in(had ot be shipped) and we can get that scratched off our list.  Hope everyone has a great day! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank-you for such a nice greeting ladies! @Laura14 I wish we could walk together! I never have had a walking buddy other than my Lola love( my golden). Best wishes to you all. I hope your weekend and Valentines Day are wonderful Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Iluvlucy, lots of good wishes that all the test results are OK, including Lucy's.  I'm so sorry that you worrying about her, too, along with everything else.  Prayers that everything is good.