Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

TGIF!  Did Pilates and the rebounder.

@Iluvlucy - good luck with yoga!  I have two mats....rarely used as I just can't get into it.....thought it would be good for DH and I.  I did bikrum (sp) yoga once....that was a challenge!  I went with a friend and she put me right in front of the entire class...never had done yoga before....I could've killed her!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone!

We're dreary and drizzley again.   It's a shame as our annual Harbor Fest is today and the Tall Ships are here!   Hubby has 2 softball games today and he said in between we'd go down and look so I hope the rain/drizzle holds off for a little while.  

Guess I forgot to post yesterday, I could have sworn I did but don't see it.  I did treadmill intervals and TG upper body and Abs.

Anyone doing anything interesting today or tomorrow.  We have no plans, I may run to Kohl's and look but the school shopping people are out in full force and I really hate when the dressing rooms are full but I may go before noon and just see what's out there.  

Just watching AM style and having my coffee now.

Enjoy the weekend!

Respected Contributor

Ooo, tall ships! I hope you can get out to see them, Bopper.

Cardio done today. I missed yesterday, so I did a long session today.

I like the HSN TS jeans, but I don't know what size to order so I probably won't.  It says they are lightweight, which I like, but I wonder if they really are. Also wonder if they are soft or stiff. Sigh.

Honored Contributor

I had a great run on the treadmill today 2.5 mi. in just under 34 min.  I put some Chaka Kahn on my playlist and went to town.....ain't nobody....loves me better.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

Finally got back to hiking and ran into a bunch of deer a few times. No people because it's so hot so it was nice.

Also did triceps and I started a new ab challenge. My playlist was KC and the Sunshine Band. 😀
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 - I love KC!!!!  I saw them twice in concert when I was 9 or 10ish....love their greatest hits cd....I'm your boogy man....that's what I am...I'm here to do the whatever I can........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MickD I don't know why but I guess I was a bit nostalgic for my childhood. They just don't make music like that anymore. Actually, one of the gym teachers had her IPad playing before class and one of their songs came on. She turned it off and went to a more contemporary song which almost cost her her life. I was getting ready to shake shake shake my booty. 😃

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm sore and taking today off!  My ol' bod needs it.  Every muscle in my back is sore...think it's a combination of weights, Insanity class, Pilates, and yoga but I think it's more the Pilates and Yoga! 

Well, MickD, I didn't get off to a good start on the yoga.  We're 20 minuts into the class Friday morning and I said, "This seems more like Pilates than Yoga"...and the lady said, "Well, this is Pilates"....haha.  I went to Insanity at 8 and I'm used to going to 9:00 classes so I looked at the 10:00 schedule slot, thought i was going to a 10:00 Yoga class but it was 9:00 Pilates. Smiley Tongue  It was challenging! 

I got dh to do some Pilates and yoga with me yesterday morning, he was sweating and shaking.  He's much tighter than I am even. 

I loved Insanity class but it kicked my bootie!  I guess they're going to change things up though, adding an Orange Theory Fitness style program but no one seems to know what is going on.  The instructor said they probably won't have the 8 Insanity class anymore.

Laura...we also hiked yesterday...and saw a few deer.

nomless...I like the looks of those jeans but don't think they'd fit me, I'm not "curvy" so have trouble with some jeans/pants fitting me in the waist but having too much material in the hips and thighs..I have an odd shape.  Did you get them?

bopper...I'm drinking coffee and relaxing this morning too.  The tall ships are so cool...a bit of history along with being fun to look at. 

I can't wait to get off these steroids...I'm starving.  I mean you can not control it.  My face and eyes were super swollen again this morning, so tired of it.  Not sure at this point I'm going to make the wedding next weekend. 

Respected Contributor

Lucy, that'sounds a funny w story that you landed in a Pilates class when you were looking for yoga. It sounds like you enjoyed it anyway. It's cool that you and DH work out together.  

I didn'the get the jeans. In another thread, the opinions seemed to be that if the DG jeans fit you, the Iman jeans won't. DG fits me well, so I passed on the Imans. I prefer to buy jeans locally so I can try them on, but I have to go online for colors like gray and brown. I went out last night with a friend who was wearing Dream Jeannes capris. I want to try them as well if I can figure out what size to get.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

nomless...my friends don't call me Lucy(Lucille Ball) for nothing!  You wouldn't have believed this older lady next to me...super lean and as flexible as you could be.  I talked to her after class, she said she started Pilates and Yoga over 2 years ago, does them religiously and has never felt better or been in better shape.  She tried talking me into staying for Yoga too but I had grocery shopping to do so needed to get home to Lucy...not to mention, 2 classes and jogging with Lucy was more than enough.  There was one pose that was really tough, I was shaking but I looked around and wasn't the only one so I didn't feel too bad...haha.  I had DH do that one yesterday morning and he was shaking too.  I'm really going to give this a good shot, unlike other times.  I already feel like I'm more aware of my posture and standing straighter. 

I got a couple pairs of jeans during the Nordie's anniversary sale.  One have the hem frayed which is the latest trend this year...they always have to change something up for more sales...lol.  For some reason I actually like it.  Not for every occasion but I like it with some booties. 

I can tell Kit(our cat) feels better...vet called me Friday, said she has a UTI.  I took her back in for the shot...opted for that over the pills.  I hope it works.