Occasional Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

Hi bopper and nomless, I also teach fifth grade! I love that age. The bikers in the Olympics were fun to watch today. The lasagna sounds delicious bopper, did your dh like it? 

It's hot here in NJ as well, tomorrow dh and I will head down to the ocean, it's 15 minutes away. I love to ride the waves! 

Honored Contributor

Welcome 1905 Salad!

Hi Everyone!  Today, Saturday, my DD,SIL, and I went to Point Reyes Lighthouse on the coast.  Its beautiful there.  I walked down 308 steps and walked up 308 steps!  EGADS!  You had to walk down all those steps to get to the lighthouse.  Had to take breaks along the way but I made it!  It was about a mile round trip from where we parked the car to the steps and back again.  Then we went to elephant seal lookout and that was probably another half mile round trip.  So I did a lot of walking today!  My back and hip seemed to have held up just fine.  We stopped and bought lunch at a deli and then found a nice picnic table at a park to eat.  It was such a nice day and I probably won't see them again before I leave on the 31st which makes me kind of sad.

Tomorrow will be normal weekend stuff - grocery shopping, laundry, and starting to pack!

Hope everyone has a nice rest of your weekend.

Valued Contributor

Happy Sunday everyone....and welcome Salad!  My husband is from Jersey.

We had a big day yesterday...Lucy sure wasn't happy being in her kennel so long, had to make that up to her. Smiley Wink 

We were planning on doing our first half-century of the year on the big bike trail here but didn't make it...got 46 in, close but no cigar..now we know better where to start and finish though.  It's kind of hard adding up the markers as you go if you don't start at "mile 1".  We also ran and did weights(and I did pilates) before we went. 

Laura...I love the sheets, softest ones I've ever had other than the furry ones.  I turned the top sheet over so the slippery side was touching the coverlet and the soft side was on us.  I just wish I would have bought the dusty lavender now as it would match my clearance Dennis Basso quilt(really a coverlet, it's as thin as a blanket but I love it too).  I also have the furry/velvet-type sheets in grey so they'll be okay with the "platinum" quilt. 

Two things finally showed up in dh's blood-work...I looked them up and 2 things keep popping up, neither of which are good.  Sending him to Walter Reed.  September is going to be a stressful month for us.  Sure wish we could do DS's procedure earlier.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend! 

Respected Contributor

Morning all, I think the rain has finally stopped and it's beginning to clear out.  Hooray!  It's 56 this morning, it's a welcome relief.

Salad cool you also teach 5th grade.  My DIL to be says its a great age.  

Judy you did great yesterday with the steps and walking.  Sounds like a lovely afternoon for you.

Iluvlucy glad you love your sheets, I didn't get them but thought about it.  Hoping and praying DS and DH can get some answeres and positive thoughts are for sure heading your way.   

Nomless anything good going on today?

I am not sure what we're doing,,has to dry up some first.  

Time for more coffee, enjoy the day!

Respected Contributor

Many of you have such nice places to hang out - beaches, forests, lighthouses.  Here, I have nothing, and it's fun to hear about where you go.

Lucy, good thinking about flipping the sheet.  When Laura mentioned she didn't like one side, I wondered if that would work. Will keep DH and .

1905, when do you go back to school? Here, some have already started, and the rest start this week.

Hi, Bopper, I hope your dad is doing ok.  

Cardio done.  Workout room was crazy busy, so I did a shorter session than I intended, but good enough.

Respected Contributor

Another Monday. Make it a good one.

Cardio done. Will get my hair trimmed this afternoon.

I submiitted apps for 2 part-time jobs this morning. I'm only moderately interested, so I won't be disappointed if I don't get a response, but if I do, they're interesting enough to look into further.  

As much as I enjoyed the Olympics, I'm glad they're over. ANW is back tonight - yay!

It's so hot. Sigh. This is the time I start a countdown to autumn.  We'll have hot temps for the next 5 weeks or so. Autumn can't come soon enough!

Honored Contributor

Ran 2.5 mi./34 min. on the treadmill......done!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Occasional Contributor

Hi everyone,

I did my 25 miles and now I'm enjoying some wine while doing chores. I go back to school on the first, the kids go back on the 6th. I always look forward to getting back to school. I do work in the summer school program, I love my job and I also enjoy the time off. 

Iluvlucy..46 miles is great, what fun and such a good workout!

Nomless... Good luck on the job apps! The perfect thing will come along.  Five weeks of hot weather? I'm jealous!

Judy, sounds like a fantastic vacation!

bopper...You're having a wedding soon, how exciting! My son got married in Novermber a few years ago. It was HALF OFF the price if he had it in November than if he had it in June (the original plan). But it was so gorgeous, all the Christmas decorations were up and it was beautiful. Our grandaughter was born 9 and half months later!

Respected Contributor

Hi all, this morning was really cool out.  53 when I got up, and now it's 79 but not as bad as we've been.  Here up North we don't usually get that many days where we are in the 90's but this summer has been very hot and muggy as in most places.

Salad teaching is very rewarding and kids are so cute!  My granddaughter is almost 11, she's starting 5th grade this year and I have a 6 month granddaughter too.  Such joys in my life!  You do wonderful on your bike 25 miles is a long ways.  It's nice though seeing scenery outside.  Yes we do have a wedding coming up..Trying to get everything organized as we are traveling there and I am making my lists...

Nomless good luck on those applications, maybe it would turn into something you really would like.   Are you still enjoying your chair gym?  I'm ready for Fall too, see I am saying Fall, not Winter!  Not ready for that again!

Laura did you do a class today?

MickD how are you doing, any trails lately?

Iluvlucy your days are always interesting and fun.  What's happening today?  How is Lucy ?

Almost dinner time, the day went fast!  

Enjoy your evening!

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone.  We're in the 50's this morning...yay!!!  I know it won't last but I'm taking full advantage of it while it's here. 

It was so nice out yesterday I couldn't even get to the gym...I think we had a high of 82*.  I got in a bike ride and almost 15 miles on foot...did pilates and yoga too.  I also weeded and rearranged our garage.  Spent most of the day outside and enjoyed every minute of it.

That reminds me bopper, yes, I have the pilates chair...no, I do not like it and I'll leave it at that...lol.  I should have sent it back but I didn't. 

nomless...I was looking at jobs too before ds's appt, dh's blood-work, and me being in another flare.  It's so different than the last time I was job-hunting...and I find it irritating when they say "part-time" and don't give the hours. 

salad...it was a good work-out, it's quite hilly here.  We recently moved here from Va Beach and it was flat there.  We said we'll do the 50-miler again when it's a little cooler anyway, it was still 90*, the Fall weather will make it much more enjoyable.  My gf is getting her class-room set-up.  A lot of places have already started back.