Valued Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

nomless...they had a blast!  Got the last clue 5 minutes before the time was up, said it was harder than they all had anticipated.  The staff said many people never get it on their own.  I'd love to do it, especially after hearing them describe their experience.

Mick D....yay!!  I was happy to read you have hot water finally! 

Laura...I'm sure your neice will love her cake!  I made a Mexican casserole for dinner last night and strawberry short-cake.  They said it was delicious. 

Judy...We really want to go to Ireland, I hear it's beautiful!  My gf is there right now, they go quite often.  Her and her husband did a marathon over there a couple of years ago. 

bopper...hope everyone is a little better today!

I'm tired!  To bed late and up at 4:30...ugh...story of my life I guess.  This heat alone is enough to make ya tired.  It was terrible yesterday, I mean hard to breath.  Even the kids said it is miserable here and they've been hot too.

My lats are so sore from yeterday....did pilates and some weights...funny part is, I really didn't specifically work "back".  I did quite a few dips and push-ups though. 

Oh boy...the "boys" are up.  We had a crazy night last night...I'll spare you those stories. 

Honored Contributor

Off to Ride class before the disgusting cake and I go to celebrate.  Strawberry shortcake sounds so good!  Now that's a sumer dessert.  Smiley Tongue

Respected Contributor

Hi and Happy Sunday, yesterday we went to the County Fair with my son and the girls, it was a dreary day an a little misty but everyone had a good time.  

Today hubby is cutting wood so we have a warm house this winter which I keep hearing is supposed to be brutal!  We alwasy survive though, no choice when you live here!

I've only been doing stuff around here today, made zucchini zoodles and sauteed with onion and garlic and a little olive oil and it was good.  That coming from me the one who does not like many veggi's is something in itself. I did add some maranara sauce to it and it was ok, granted it isn't spaghetti but then nothing can compare to Italian spaghetti.

Baseball at 3 today and we want to watch our team.  Die hard fans we are, we rarely miss a game!   

I did tell yout he bear was back didn't I?  I can't remember who I told...Wrecked 2 feeders so hauling in at night now and back out in the morning.  A big pain but have to do it.

Nomless have you used the chair, it sounds good!  Maybe you have an I missed it.  

Iluvlucy, sounds like lots of activities planned for the kids and you and hubby.  Hoping you don't get too hot.  You Mexican casserole sounds great too.

Laura hope your niece likes her cake!  I"m sure it will ge awesome!

Judy Irleland sounds so pretty.  My neighbor went with some girlfriends and they all rented bikes and biked everywhere!

MickD you doing alright now that your water problem is over?

Enjoy the day everyone!

Respected Contributor

Cardio done.

Bopper, yes, I like the chair so far.  The bungee cords provide great resistance. Unfortunately, I can't leave it out as I intended because one of my cats has decided the seat is great to scratch on.  I don't want him to tear up the seat, so I have to put it away when I'm not using it.  Oh, well. It's easy to unfold.

Have a good week, everyone.

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone!  Ran 2.6 mi/34 min. On the treadmill

@bopper - yes we have hot water!!!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Hi all, this morning i did the treadmill and Total Gym upper body and abs, then took a dog walk with Logan on the trail.  It's cool in the morning and very dewy out, now it's up to 80 and I do know for most of you that is cool.

Trying to figure out what to make for dinner, seems we have the same things week after week and I don't know what else to make.  Food is expensive so i buy the cheaper stuff and trying to eat healthy.  Did zoodles with maranara sauce the other night. Hubby isn't crazy about the pasta change, frankly if you want spaghetti you want it, zoodles don't cut it LOL

Nomless glad you are liking the chair and feel it gives you good resistance, unfortunately your kitty has other ideas!

Iluvlucy I know you are having fun with the kids visiting and keeping busy.  Sorry your up so early, makes for a long day.  The Olympics have been really good.  Usually I favor the Winter games but this summer the athletes are amazing!  

MickD great job on your treadmill run, my foot started hurting this morning again.  Not sure whats up with that.  But I go on!

Waving to everyone!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, I got locked out at work so I am working from home today.  Ran around and picked up a few things I didn't get a chance to over the weekend in between emails.

I also was home for my QVC sheets delivery and I am sad to say it will be my first ever return.  It kind of irks me that I watched several presentations of the sheets and not once did they mention that the underside is a completely different fabric from the top that you saw.  Yes, the sheets are really soft but @Iluvlucy you're right.  It's like a plastic or silky fabric underneath the top sheet that hits your skin which is exactly what I don't want.  Too cold!  I'm out $9 now.  Smiley Sad  Last time I take a chance.  If I am unsure, I'm not ordering.  

I went swimming with my nieces yesterday so I am taking today off except my arm exercises which I do every day.  Double tomorrow am with Pound and Power and back to the office.   

Glad you are enjoying your chair @nomless!  I need to get back to my BG.  

@bopper  I've been toying with getting a spiralizer to do that.  Guess I'll not bother and stick to my veggie pasta.  

Have a great Monday!

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone.  Got the dogs and cats all taken care of so I'm going to enjoy some quiet time before everyone else wakes up.  This heat is wearing us all out.  We went to Georgetown yesterday.  Got some Georgetown Cupcakes....quite frankly, I didn't think they were all that...I threw mine out.  Kids loved two of theirs though.

We went to this place in Reston Town Center on Sunday called Bartaco...and those calories were totally worth every last one!  The chips and guacamole dip alone were worth the price of admission.  The tacos and Key Lime Pie were outstanding.  Sooo good!  DH and I will definitely be going back there!

Sunday morning we power-walked/ran/hiked 5 miles, it actually wasn't too bad down by the Potomac on the trails.  Way too hot for the dogs but we saw a couple of people out with theirs.  They said we've been over 100* for the past 3 days in a row. 

Yesterday my dil went to the gym with me..we did Combat(kickboxing) and she loved it.  She has never done a kickboxing class before in her life so she really enjoyed the entire experience.  Then we did pilates and weights.  I'm wondering how sore she'll be today. 

Hope everyone is enjoying their week!  Oh...Laura...I'm hoping they're "cold"...haha...that will be fine with me.  I don't want them to be hot, if they are, I'll give them to the kids or a friend  DS is always hot like I am. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did my Power and Pound this morning.  I am beyond tired and my Fitbit said I got 10 hours of sleep last night.  I kept waking up with bad dreams so maybe that is it.  Or I'm getting sick which I can't even remember the last time I got sick.  I have a headache and I took baby aspirin last night.  Nothing taken today but I think I may break down and take something after work.  Not feeling right today.

@Iluvlucy  My comforter never leaves my bed.  I have to be all bundled up or I freeze to death.  I thought these were more blankety than cloth fabric.  I keep my house at 80 in the summer.  I hate air conditioners.  It takes a lot to make me overheat.  Those sheets would never work for me.  If they had fabric on both sides which is not what I wanted but I would have lived with, I'd keep them for the fantastic price.  But I just can't have silk or whatever smooth plasticky fabric that is against my skin.  It's too cold for me.

Have a great Tuesday everybody!  Work it out!   

Respected Contributor

I hope you feel better soon, @Laura14. Take it easy.  It's disappointing that you don't like the sheets.  Lucy, I hope you like them.

Cardio done.  Later I'll do some work on the chair.

I coked some new potatoes last night.  I decided I don't like them. I don't like the texture of the skin.  I've tried and tried to like them, but I don't.  Same with mushrooms... many love them, but I don't like their flavor or texture.  I give up trying to learn to like both, lol.