Respected Contributor

Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the August Exercise Thread

Hi everyone,

Respected Contributor

Happy 1 st day of August!  I took a nice walk early this morning before it was too hot and muggy like it is now and I do yard laps throughout the day to keep myself moving.  Then some BG too.

Our schools don't begin until after Labor day here so the kids still have a month off.  

I'm anxious to put out my fall decor actually, no I'm not rushing the season!!!  I'm not actually doing it  LOL

Not much going on here, so have a wonderful day!

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone!  Hot!  Barely was able to do the 2.5 mi on the treadmill....got a late start and ran.....well jogged this afternoon... will try not to do that again had to walk twice....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Respected Contributor

Good Tuesday morning, it's going to be a warm one here too.  Not like many of you with triple digit heat indexes but for us here way up North it is.

Getting ready to go down and do my TG, probably some treadmill too.  It's so humid out. 

I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around the fact it's August!  I don't want summer to be over, ( temps can go) not the bare ground!  Hahah

Be Blessed and Be Well everyone!

Honored Contributor

Hi All! Happy August! It has been warm here as well, so have limited my exercising outside to bike riding after dinnertime, otherwise when it is super hot and humid, I have been using my exercise bike and my weights at home....It is so relaxing to me, I listen to good upbeat music and pedal away!

Respected Contributor

Hi, all, including CandleQueen.  It sounds like you have a good thing going!

I spent my morning trying to sort out and reorganize my linen closet in the bathroom. Ugh.  I have a bunch of towels I don't like and none that I do.  I'd like to pitch them all, but since I can't find any I do like, what do I do?????  So they all stayed.  I guess I'll try them one by one and figure out which ones I dislike the most, then those will go.

Next, I found a bunch of mini kabuki brushes here and there.  I put them all together in a box and labeled it, put it on the shelf.  Later, I found more brushes.  Great, I'll add them to the box of other brushes.  Guess what?  The first box is nowhere to be found.  It doesn't exist.  I've been through that closet 3 more times looking for the box of brushes, and it's not there. I've looked in drawers.  I looked in the trash.  I looked everywhere.  There is no box of makeup brushes.  Did I dream it?  I have no idea.

The whole exercise with the towels and brushes was so frustrating I quit the organizing task.  Will go do cardio instead.

Respected Contributor

I may have made a $140 mistake - we'll see.  I just ordered the Master Gym, Q's version of the chair gym.  Why, since I have a bunch of bands and free weights?  Well, first of all, it's so darn cute.  And it seems to be a better version than other chair gyms.  I think it's constructed better.  I have the Body Gym but don't use it much because I don't have a straight back chair, so nothing to sit on in order to do many of the Body Gym exercises. Master Gym gives me such a chair.  Also, Master Gym allows you to do things you can't do with Body Gym, like leg work and chest flys.  In fact, Master Gym allows leg work that even the machines in workout room don't provide.  I do heavy weight on the machines in the workout room; the Master Gym will be much less resistance, but perhaps lower weight, higher reps will also be beneficial.  I hope so.  Time will tell if this works out or if I just wasted a bunch of $$$.  I've been thinking about it for months and decided to go for it....

Honored Contributor

Nomless - For what it's worth my feelings about buying gym equipement/DVDs is - If you use it consistently and like it, then its not a waste of money.  Also, you know that if you use it, you will get some benefit from it.  Looking forward to hearing how you like it.

Esteemed Contributor

I  have been exercising daily but this week I am so tired I find it difficult to get moving. I cleaned house on Monday for a couple hours so I considered that as exercising. Tuesday, I had a hair appointment and did not work out. This morning I got up and was so tired that I did not do my walking. It has been hot outside and I am exhausted by the time I get back. I usually walk 2-3 miles a day. I will start walking again the rest of the week. Do any of you get tired and just need to rest a day or two before you start exercising again?