Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the April Exercise Thread

Hi, all.  Yesterday I was going to do one errand but one thing led to another and I ended up spending about 5 hours walking through big box stores.  I decided it counted as 30 min exercise.  Today I did treadmill, bike and a few of the weight machines.

Judy, I have to modify Piyo, too.  Don't let it get you down.  Do your best, forget the rest. ☺

Laura, I hope that rest is helping your back.  Thinking of you.

Bopper, more snow for you!  I know you're tired of it.  I hope spring arrives there soon.  I decided to buy the MLB package through my cable provider so I can watch the Cubs sometimes. I can watch others, too, but I'll probably watch only the Cubs.

Respected Contributor

Morning, yes still snowing but I looked further ahead and there is light coming at the end of the snowy tunnel.  Saturday 50 and maybe 60!

Today i did 20 minutes on the treadmill and also did the TG, 1 legged squats and pullups.  Triceps with my weights and was able to do 12 lbs. 2 sets of 15..

I have a Norwax party to go to this afternoon.  Don't really want to but I told my neighbor I would.  I have never been and didn't even know what it was, but it's cleaning products!

Nomless good job with the walking a lot, box stores count!  I want to walk outside without all the gear on!

OK, hope everyone is well

Respected Contributor

Today I did treadmill and bike.  This afternoon am going to movie Big Fat Greek Wedding 2.   Reviews are mixed, but I hope I find it amusing.

Honored Contributor

Finally checking in.  Still doing Body Gym and I found a list of 21 exercises for people with back issues that are kind of meditation/yoga so I think I'm going to start those as well.  Thought about hiking this weekend but decided not to rush back since I think what I have is very much related to overuse.  Since stopping all activity at the gym and hiking, I've done much better so I hope I'm healing.  I'm headed out of town next weekend so I'm giving it another week off although I am shaking at not doing any gym stuff for almost three weeks. Not really affecting anything as I've lost 2 pounds.  Huh?   I didn't think that's how this all worked but according to my scale this morning, okay.  I don't need to lose weight but I'm glad I'm not gaining anything with my weeks off for rest.  Of course, I'm pigging out today now which is why the scale is always evil.  Smiley Wink

@nomless  Thanks for thinking of me.  Great job walking!  It all counts!  I've been able to sleep about three-four hours, wake up, go right back, and sleep another 3-4 which is tons better than sleep 3 hours and be up the rest of the night in pain so we're on the right path, I hope.   Let us know how the movie is.  I loved the first one.

@bopper  I can't even read your post without needing hot chocolate.  I hope Mother Nature and Spring shows up soon.  I have been sorely tempted by a few clothes items on QVC but I'm always afraid of the sizing since I'm a munchkin so I chicken out.  I hope you like the Logo piece.  I went out today to shop a bit and was walking around the store going not as cute as QVC.  LOL  I wish QVC was closer so I could really see what size I am in a few lines.  I need to get familiar with youtube again.  Those videos sound cool.  Im taking notes.  

@JudyL  Great job on the Piyo.  I know how it is working and the thrill of pajamas instead of work out.  I always went early in the morning to get it over with so I could come home from work and just be.  Now that I've kind of broken the habit, I'm very much enjoying my longer evenings and my bed when I can rest.  Smiley Very Happy  BTW, I read one Irish folktale about an evil stepmother and it messed me up.  You guys don't play with horror.  I haven't been able to pick it back up since but I will.  Don't mess with the Irish, girls.  Smiley Wink  

Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Well I've done nothing today.  LOL  Woke up early to workout before going to church and felt so tired that I decided to take today off.  Even tho I took Friday off, I guess it wasn't enough.  Will get back into things tomorrow.  I've learned the hard way that it's more important to listen to your body some days than it is to work out.

After church went to brunch with friends, then to the grocery store and now doing laundry.   Trying to find an old movie or something good to watch on tv and cuddle under a blanket.  It's chilly and damp here in the Bay Area.

Laura - sounds like an interesting folk tale!  LOL  Hope the exercises you found work well for you.

Nomless and Bopper - good going on your workouts ladies!

Can't believe it's back to work tomorrow already.  Feels like I just got home and it's still Friday night! 

Have a good rest of your Sunday!

Valued Contributor

Hi everyone!  We're moved in!  Not an easy move by any means, spent 3 weeks in a hotel...ugh.  Won't bore you with the entire story, but, we're finally getting settled. 

And my son is feeling better than he has in years!  That alone has taken so much stress and worry off our plates, it makes all the difference in the world!! 

Judy!  Nice to see your name back here!  bopper, you know all this already so you can skip it. Smiley Wink

We love where we live ....trails galore right out my front door.  We did a long hike on Saturday and when we got home, my Fitbit said 102 flights of stairs!  It's super hilly here, much harder work-out than flat. Lucy is in heaven...had to carry her for a couple of miles because it was too dangerous, right on a cliff and very muddy with the rain, sleet, snow, etc. we had on and off all day. 

Broke the bikes out, got our first ride in on the W&OD trail.  Felt good to be out there, that's where I did my first 50-miler so it's near and dear to my heart.  We have to drive our bikes to the WOD but we found where we can catch it. 

I'm sore all over and loving every minute of it!  We did a hard and fast weight circuit this morning...my pull-ups s@cked but did snatches, handstands, bench, etc. in between so not going to sweat it. Then went for a hilly run and did my bike.  My legs are noodles. 

Have a handyman coming AGAIN this morning...ugh.  I want it all done! 

Hope everyone is doing well!  I admit it, I'm not all caught up. Nomless, I did an alternative to CF called Les Mills GRIT....I know you like seeing that kind of work-out if you haven't already checked it out...Youtube has a couple of videos.  It's fun....have to decide if I'm ready to take the plunge and join. 

Waving to everyone...Laura, hope your back is better!  Hope you all enjoy your week! 

Respected Contributor

Patty/Lucy, it's so good to see you again.  I'm happy to know that DS is doing well and that Lucy is OK, too.  It's so great that after house searching forcso long that you found something that you're loving.  How great to have trails, etc., right outside your door.  Thanks for mentioning Les Mills GRIT, I'll check it out.  In my workout room, they've replaced the single weight machine that had lots of stations with new single exercise machines.  These work much better than the old one so I've been adding back weight training finally.  

Laura, it's great that some rest is helping your back and that your able to sleep a little better.  Keep it up.

Judy, rest days are good.  Have a good week.

You, too, Bopper.  I hope your snow melts!

Honored Contributor

Yay @Iluvlucy!  Glad you and the animals are set.  That new home sounds wonderful and maybe worth the wait?  I am going through withdrawal not being able to hike my trails although the weather was not the best all weekend.

@JudyL  I need company resting it out and they are so right when they say the body needs rest.  Don't feel bad being in repair mode.  Smiley Happy

Speaking of weather I hope @bopper your weather is better this week and @nomless thanks for the love.  Heart

Hope every one is having a great start to the week!

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone! Sorry to go MIA right after joining you all.  Smiley Surprised

I've been doing bits of this and bits of that.  Last week we had bizarre weather - a snow storm, and a mix of ice and sleet and snow another day, and a torrential downpour a few days after that! All that affects my walking program and I was still dealing with my arm issues, so primarily I've been focused on my old 20 minute Winsor Pilates workouts, therapeutic yoga for my arms/shoulders, and trying to walk more at the office.  

Judy, how exciting, a trip to Ireland! My Mom went over about 20 years ago.  I'm Irish American too, I'd love to see it one day.  My son went on a trip there after he graduated college and loved everything about it.

I'm going to try adding an avatar.  Waves to everyone!

Trusted Contributor

Woo hoo it worked! Not a pose I can achieve, but I can get stronger by trying!