Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Suziepeach.  I'm familiar with Points Plus and love it.  I was trying to get a sneak preview of the new plan that's rumored.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie, you are more than welcome!  The anticipation is building!!  I love Points Plus too, seems to keep me more accountable plus (forgive the pun) those 49 extra points a week come in handy.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Contributor

Thanks for helping!  I've found it.  Really appreciate the help and looking forward to seeing what's ahead.  Hope it works for me..

Esteemed Contributor

I have been a lifetime WW member for a long time, having lost 108 pounds over 30 years ago...kept most if it off after all these years. The problem WW is having now is that there are free online programs. WW isn't free but the program and support are excellent and worth the money, but some may not want to try that. I guess WW is trying all sorts of things to keep interest and bring in new members. I hope they succeed because the program and support are first rate.

Super Contributor

@Lucibee wrote:

I use E-tools to do my tracking. I received an email saying WW is doing a digital overhaul possibly November 23. They will be transferring all of my data.

I am very curious about the new program.

@Lucibee I sure hope nothing gets deleted from what I have saved as my favorites over the 1 1/2 yrs I have been tracking points on my IPhone using WW Ap!  I love paying only 19.99 per month to track points this way and am a Lifetime Member. Here is hoping for success!

Trusted Contributor

@glorybe Yes I agree! Hoping for success!

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

I've done every WW program since 123 Success.  I don't understand why Points Plus doesn't work for some people, it works great for me (when I follow it).  The idea is not to gorge on fruit but to replace junk food with fresh fruit as snacks.  Fruit is so healthy for you.  I feel good when I eat it - I guess everyone is different.

I can't wait to find out about the updates.  It always takes some getting used to, but a new program always seems to be based on the latest of what nutritionists, etc. are talking about in the news.  My favorite program of all was the Core.  I was my lowest weight ever and it seemed effortless.  Yet so many did not care for that one. I do hope the new cookbooks will not have such fussy ingredients though.  I want plain, simple and easy - and TASTY! Smiley Happy

I joined and lost most of my weight under 123 Success.  I loved that program. From there it went to Winning Points and I lost the rest of my weight under that program. At that point I didn't have much to lose.

I've hated every incarnation of the use of flexpoints because I'm all over the place with points.  I liked under 123 Success having a set point total.  Period.

With flex points, I cannot use all those points and still lose weight.  I have to fiddle around trying to figure out how many extra flex points I can use and still lose.  And it varies from week to week.  Under 123 Success I continually lost weight.  I never hit a plateau and moved through the program effortlessly.  Not so with Flexpoints.  Under all those plans, I'd lose a chunk then I'd go for several weeks losing under a half pound or maintaining. 

I also hate and don't buy the fruits are free thing.  The first place a leader tells people to cut if they are having a problem with their weight is fruits. That tells me that fruits aren't really free.  I also think it's ridiculous that fruits are free until you use them in something, then all of a sudden, they are counted.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Weight Watchers

[ Edited ]

Getting back to the reason Points Plus isn't universally successful, I think it has to do with the fact that unlike any other WW program, pretty much 99% of the members start out at the lowest daily points now (is it 27?).

Back in the day, you gradually reduced your points, which meant you gradually changed the way you ate.

For example, in 1999, I got 35 daily points.  As my weight went down, my points went down, about 1 point at a time.  So, at 34 points, I didn't have to change much.  At 30 points, I decided to limit cheese to one meal a day vs 2 or even 3.  At 27 points, I decided to have a 2 less cups of eat every day (at one point per). And so on.

I gradually changed what I ate and made choices based on what I could live with and what I could live without.  I didn't want to give up cheese, but did I really need it 3x a day?  I enjoyed the cheese more knowing it was the only meal I was going to have it.

It was just a better way of losing.  At 27 points, you have to make the hard choices right out of the gate.  There's no easing into it.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Many, many years ago, @VaBelle35, I joined WW and you had to have liver at least once a week.  That will tell you how long ago that was, lol.  I lost some weight but I tired of that Plan fairly quickly.

Years later, I joined and there was the Points Plus program.  I loved it and had much success.  I had to start with 26 pts because of my age and height, short.  When I reached goal (35 lbs) I had to increase my pts because as long as I stayed on 26, I kept losing.  Actually I might have been less than 26 quite often because I practically lived on zero pts soup.  Whatever change they make, I doubt if it will work any better for me.  I'm a Lifetimer but haven't been on Plan since July but I'm getting back on even though I might not go back to the meetings.  Once you stop tracking (even losely as I did), weight gain is inevitable.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I noticed it is was too expensive. less than a year ago i tried online plan i think it was $15/mo now its $31 a month.  I can not afford that