Respected Contributor
I lost 25 lbs on this WW plan. It's the only one I have been able to follow and like. I am Lifetime and still count points on my app every day. I love it. Oprah always has to get her hands in everything ans change it. My question is why she never followed the program years ago?
Trusted Contributor

Weight Watchers worked for me also. It is knowing I have to go and weigh in as well as the plan itself. It will be interesting to see what the changes will be. 

Esteemed Contributor

I hope it's still eat what you want as long as you count the points. I don't agree with the free fruit gimmick because fruit still has calories as do vegetables. I can't eat the amount of fruit they suggest because 1. It's to expensive, 2 who wants to go to the store several times a week for fresh fruit and veggies and 3. If I do eat the recommended amount of fruit I put on weight. I still did better on the point plan. 

Honored Contributor

@mcall1020 wrote:

This is suppose to be the biggest change to the program in 50 years. It's a complete overhaul. I believe we will now have to count sugar and fat grams somehow into the equation   The new program will be introduced right after Thanksgiving 

I said last year that I would be surprised if WW didn't come up with a program wherein you had to count your grams of sugar.

Contributor

I'm thinking about rejoining. I think I'll call WW and see if they have any specials going on now. I like the idea of starting before the holidays. Really would like to see counting sugar grams as that is my biggest weakness.

Honored Contributor

Keep checking the Weight Watchers forum for leaks.

So far, we know it's Smart Points and it's going to consist of saturated fat and sugar in the calculation.  I hope that means they are dropping carbs and fat in favor of saturated fat and sugar in the calculation.

WW tracks closely with the FDA Food Pyramid guidelines, so whenever there is an FDA update (every 5 years?), there is a WW update to track closely with it.

I was a WW Lifetimer from 1999 until a year ago.  Through Momentum I was fine.  Points Plus was an epic fail for me.

I'm happy to see they have seen the error of that program and are now moving forward with something different.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I love Points Plus.  It works well for me......for months......until I get tired of it as I have right now.  I've gained about 12 pounds since I retired in June.  I love sweets and I'm less active.

An eating plan is only good as long as you stick to it.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Keep checking the Weight Watchers forum for leaks.

So far, we know it's Smart Points and it's going to consist of saturated fat and sugar in the calculation.  I hope that means they are dropping carbs and fat in favor of saturated fat and sugar in the calculation.

WW tracks closely with the FDA Food Pyramid guidelines, so whenever there is an FDA update (every 5 years?), there is a WW update to track closely with it.

I was a WW Lifetimer from 1999 until a year ago.  Through Momentum I was fine.  Points Plus was an epic fail for me.

I'm happy to see they have seen the error of that program and are now moving forward with something different.

Every program they've had that have involved those flexpoints has been an epic fail for me.  More or less they lost me when they did away with Winning Points and went to all the variations involving flexpoints.

Honored Contributor

Re: Weight Watchers

[ Edited ]

yeah, we didn't get much out of our "leader" either. Yes to new packaging, yes for something to do with OW. No idea either. Soon, she just says soon.

I also agree that fruit should count, my body counts it. Just this week, I decided besides low fat to help myself out, I also will/am doing low carb. Wow is this fun!! LOL

Honored Contributor

Existing members get the program on Sunday December 6 so there will be a ton of detail on the WW message forum before the day is out.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN