Esteemed Contributor

Re: Uterine Cancer, Atrophy & Estrogen Cream Use--Opinions?

@granddi wrote:

I hope that this topic is not too old to share this information.

I just read about a proceedure called MONALISA TOUCH. And from here on I will quote the article "Atropic vaginitis, mostly found in post menopausal women is characterized by thinning,drying and inflammation of the vaginal walls and can cause painful intercourse, itching, burning and painful urination. An innovatative new health care procedure called MonaLisa Touch is helping change the lives of patients who suffer from vaginal atrophy. The simple 5 minute treatment involves inserting a laser energy tip that pulses stimulating the production of collagen and revitalizing vaginal tissue to restore moisture and comfort."

Just checked their website and found there is a doctor in Annapolis, Maryland about an hour from where I live.

They had a lot of info, just do a search for MonaLisa Touch to find their site.

Sounds very promising!  I'm going to check into it very soon.

Thanks so much for this information!

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@granddi wrote:

I just read about a proceedure called MONALISA TOUCH. And from here on I will quote the article "Atropic vaginitis, mostly found in post menopausal women is characterized by thinning,drying and inflammation of the vaginal walls and can cause painful intercourse, itching, burning and painful urination. An innovatative new health care procedure called MonaLisa Touch is helping change the lives of patients who suffer from vaginal atrophy. The simple 5 minute treatment involves inserting a laser energy tip that pulses stimulating the production of collagen and revitalizing vaginal tissue to restore moisture and comfort."

Just checked their website and found there is a doctor in Annapolis, Maryland about an hour from where I live.

Witchy Woman!  So glad to see you posting again.  How are things going since going off the hormones?  I had to go off over a month ago due to problems.  I felt wonderful, however, it didn't take long for the atrophy to return.  After running all the tests and finding nothing wrong, I was told I could go back on the hormones.  I am proceeding cautiously.  This sounds VERY interesting because of no hormones being involved.  I will be anxious to hear what you find out.  Did you go directly to the MonaLisa site?  I watched one of the Youtubes and it looks easy enough.  I wonder if it is an ongoing thing or once and done?

Again, glad to see you back!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@granddi wrote:

Witchy Woman!  So glad to see you posting again.  How are things going since going off the hormones?  I had to go off over a month ago due to problems.  I felt wonderful, however, it didn't take long for the atrophy to return.  After running all the tests and finding nothing wrong, I was told I could go back on the hormones.  I am proceeding cautiously.  This sounds VERY interesting because of no hormones being involved.  I will be anxious to hear what you find out.  Did you go directly to the MonaLisa site?  I watched one of the Youtubes and it looks easy enough.  I wonder if it is an ongoing thing or once and done?

Again, glad to see you back!

Well, I would love to tell you that it's great WITHOUT the hormones, but you know better, I'm sure.

I've been having hot flashes at night.  Not horrible, but enough to wake me up.  And, of course, all the other issues that come with no hormones, not the least of which is "atrophy."  I mean, do we really want to hear THAT word....ever?  I'm taking Vagifem for that issue.  It's a tiny pill with an even tinier dose of estrogen -- inserted 2-3 days a week.  It is better than nothing.

The MonaLisa touch website explains the whole process (it is more than one session) and the only thing that is a controlling factor of when I might do it is cost.  I'm still dealing with insurance costs from 3 separate surgeries so.....I will wait until the dust settles on that to see how much I will have to pay.

The site says that it is not covered by health insurance, so any cost is out of pocket.  I've called my GYN to see if he knows anything about the procedure and/or plans to offer it in the future.  He is NOT listed.  After talking with him, I'll likely get in touch with the GYN that does the procedure and at least have a consult.

My hormone doctor told me that she would NOT recommend my taking any hormones ever again since the found cancer, so I'm stuck with whatever comes my way.  Having taken hormones for so many years, I am sad, because I know how good I can feel with them and those days are gone.

I did post to you some time ago, but not sure if you saw it.  I did NOT have to do radiation, so that was a relief.  My last surgery was June 11 for suture removal and repairs for "stress incontinence" and I'm feeling great most of the time....but not as good as I could feel.

Just trying to make the best of life after hormones!

Hope you are well!

Honored Contributor

I also looked on the site, sounds too good to be true, but I do believe it can help. Closest for me is an hour away in Annap or Frederick MD, they said on the site, more docs are added daily, keep checking.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I also looked on the site, sounds too good to be true, but I do believe it can help. Closest for me is an hour away in Annap or Frederick MD, they said on the site, more docs are added daily, keep checking.

That is why I've contacted the GYN that did my surgeries as he is top notch and I trust him.  If there is anything negative about it, he might know.

Yes, the Annapolis office is about an hour for me, too.  But, my regular GYN is in Annapolis and an hour away.  However, he has Saturday hours and I can get in VERY early, so I opt to drive the distance to go to someone that is a GYN and super surgeon.

Hoping it is not "too good to be true" but will post back when I find out more.

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

That is why I've contacted the GYN that did my surgeries as he is top notch and I trust him.  If there is anything negative about it, he might know.

Yes, the Annapolis office is about an hour for me, too.  But, my regular GYN is in Annapolis and an hour away.  However, he has Saturday hours and I can get in VERY early, so I opt to drive the distance to go to someone that is a GYN and super surgeon.

Hoping it is not "too good to be true" but will post back when I find out more.

Thanks for responding.  Glad you didn't have to do radiation and that things are "okay" for you.  I was shocked how fast I "dried up" going off the hormones.  I had bleeding, therefore had to go off. Apparently, the estrogen flared up my fibroids.  As I said, I am resuming with caution and at a lower dose......wonder how long it will take to see and feel results.  I was off close to 6 weeks.....only been back on this week.  The gyno told me if I have anymore bleeding, get into him immediately.

I figured the Mona Lisa thing wouldn't be covered by insurance, but then again, neither are bioidenticals.  I love the idea that it non-hormonal.  Keep us posted on what your docs have to say about this!

Thanks again for posting!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!