Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@cherry,

I buy this one when and when it goes on sale I buy a lot!Woman Very Happy Right now this one is about $14 for 240 caps. There is also a twin-pack for $27. Sale prices usually go down to 8 or 9 per bottle.

at pipingrock dot com:

standardized-turmeric-curcumin-complex-500-mg-2843.jpg

HOLY MOLY @SilleeMee!  I have all of our supplements on an auto ship plan on Vitacost.  I've been happy until right this minute.  It sure looks like they're really overcharging.  I'm switching to you piping rock for my next order.  Thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

I paid $25 for 120 capsules

Trusted Contributor

@cherry- if they're capsules open them up and sprinkle 1/3 - 1/2 on your food. You can close them back up again. That's what I do.

The capsule form is hard on my esophogus. I mix the turmeric / tart cherry powder in completely with my cereal or oatmeal and no problems.

If it's tablets, break them in half.

Honored Contributor

I don't know that I would like the taste @sandraskates

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

Jpg

@LTT1 - Does your turmeric contain black pepper?  I recently read that it's more benefical when it does as the black pepper aids in absorption.  It costs more that way, of course.

@JeanLouiseFinch

When I ran out of this one, I ordered an expensive one that had the black pepper compound and was a Turmeric/curcumin blend. It was about $30 but I couldn't take it. My stomache was still healing from IBS problems.

This one works fine for me -- and I'm afraid to try and go stronger. Also, I have osteoarthritis and not RA.

Would you like for me to get the name of the one I tried?

HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@cherry   If you mix it up completely you won't taste it. Or just start with a very small amount and work up.

There is another turmeric thread in the Wellness section that I think was started by annabellethecat. One poster suggested goggling How to Make Turmerice Golden Paste. Try checking that out! You mix it with cocoanut oil. I'm going to give that a whirl too.

Honored Contributor
@JeanLouiseFinch
So, for me it is just the plain one of Turmeric plus I have added a couple of new supplements from Lessman.
I eat lots of fish (fish oil) and various oil supplements. I have not been having migraines or high levels of pain anywhere (knock on wood)
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

I take two of the "just plain" Turmeric capsules first thing in the am after my banana (yuk)

I started this supplement for joint pain but mostly migrainey sinus headache. Noticed the headache disappeared immediately. When I forgot these on our trip, two days and I was miserable with swelling joints.

So, for me, with IBS playing a large part in some ways, I just had to revert to the plainest, purest preparations possible.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@LTT1 wrote:

Jpg

@LTT1 - Does your turmeric contain black pepper?  I recently read that it's more benefical when it does as the black pepper aids in absorption.  It costs more that way, of course.

@JeanLouiseFinch

When I ran out of this one, I ordered an expensive one that had the black pepper compound and was a Turmeric/curcumin blend. It was about $30 but I couldn't take it. My stomache was still healing from IBS problems.

This one works fine for me -- and I'm afraid to try and go stronger. Also, I have osteoarthritis and not RA.

Would you like for me to get the name of the one I tried?

HTH

Thanks @LTT1, but I think I'm going to try the one @SilleeMee mentioned, the next time I need to order.  

Respected Contributor

Yes I take Tumeric Curcumin and it worked almost immediately. I was able to stop the gloucosimine/condrotion.  I started taking two capsules and am now on one per day - still working.  Got it at Vitacost.com,  Reasonable price.

Vitacost Turmeric Extract Curcumin C3 Complex® with Bioperine®