Valued Contributor

Re: Thursday Nov. 6th (my D Day)

Kookielady,

You will be in thoughts and prayers on Thursday. Several years ago, I went through the very same thing. I had a bad chest cold and because I hadn't had a chest x-ray for several years so my doctor ordered one. Lo and Behold...there was a spot on my lung. Like you, I never smoked a day in my life, but that doesn't matter. I was in such a panic, I cannot even begin to tell you. I was immediately sent for a CAT which confirmed the suspicious area. Then, on for the PET, which did not light up, praise God. I was such a wreck that following the PET the radiologist came out to calm me and give me the good news. He said there was no sign of cancer but because the spot was there, they would probably want to monitor it with a CAT every six months. I went through 2 years of CAT scans every 2 months and then had 2 CAT scans each a year apart. The spot is still there and nobody knows what it is. My pulmonologist said the only way to find out what it is would be to biopsy it and since it has shown no sign of growth or change, the risk of biopsy is too great. He said that every once in a while, people just have spots on their lungs and there is no explanation. I know my story is probably not a comfort to you but I wanted to share so that you know there are other reasons besides cancer for one to have a spot on one's lung. Do you get your results right away? My doctors are fabulous and I get my results immediately. God bless and know that I will be praying for you on Thursday. Did you get the results of the PET? That test tells a lot. If that was negative, I wouldn't worry too much. Please keep us posted as we care. docsgirl

Esteemed Contributor

God be with you and give you strength. Prayers coming your way.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I will pray for you.

Super Contributor

Good luck, Kookie!!
Contributor

Big virtual hug coming your way!!!!! Also adding you to the prayer list. You will get through this. Be strong!

Super Contributor

I really want to thank you all for such wonderful wishes. It makes my world a little better today after hearing from you.

I will keep you all posted on Thursday.