Honored Contributor

The Feeding Tube Diet To lose weight fast

A ten day cycle of fluids only through a feeding tube.  Seems like you could just drink The fluids  and not have a feeding tube?  Why the extreme? Is it good medicine?

Sounds like a bad idea to me.   Not healthy physically or mentally. What do you learn about eating right? Sounds desperate and a short term fix that most likely will fail 

what do you think?

Valued Contributor

Re: The Feeding Tube Diet To lose weight fast

This sounds just so yucky to me....on all levels.

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Respected Contributor

The doctor who prescribes the feeding tube should be sued for malpractice.  This is just crazy.

Trusted Contributor

I think this sounds ridiculous.   Having a feeding tube put in is an invasive medical procedure and I can't imagine any reputable physician would put one in unless there is some medical reason other than the person wants/needs to lose weight.  Perhaps for someone who is morbidly obese and is already hospitalized with other complications but just to jump start weight loss, even for an obese person, it seems way over the top.  

Honored Contributor

Losing weight fast often results in the weight not staying off.

Honored Contributor

Years ago another fad was having your jaw wired shut. I always thought how awful that must have felt....and what if you got sick and had to throw up?  

Honored Contributor

And how is this going to help anyone maintain the weight once they get it off? 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I do not understand this, what is to stop you from eating while you have the tube in place.

You can eat with a tube in place.  One does not prohibit the other.  What am I missing?

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Years ago another fad was having your jaw wired shut. I always thought how awful that must have felt....and what if you got sick and had to throw up?  

I had a student who broke her jaw and had it wired shut.  She wore a small pair of pliers around her neck in case she did get sick.  She was supposed to clip the wires herself but her teachers were instructed how to do it in case of emergency.

Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

And how is this going to help anyone maintain the weight once they get it off? 

@jaxs mom They had a couple of ladies on Dr OZ today talking about doing this. Both of them did it to jump start a diet. They both said that they did regain the weight, thus doing it again and again each time they needed to lose weight. Hard to believe they would keep setting themselves up for failure like that.