Honored Contributor

Re: Supplements that help with the following?

@QueenDanceALot

Toots...love this!

No, I haven’t heard of this film...def a must see.

Thanks for the tip!

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot

Toots...love this!

No, I haven’t heard of this film...def a must see.

Thanks for the tip!

@sidsmom

I think it's coming out in January.  

There is precious little being let out about it ahead of time.  Not even a trailer.  I read about it's upcoming release on PLANT BASED NEWS. 

I am haunting the web for it's premiere date!

Esteemed Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

Hi @NAES1

As an avid runner in the past, including two 26.2 mile Marathons, and also one that has walked hundreds(if not over 1,000 miles, it is hard for me to believe your comment about your father. 

Competitive Race Walkers? Probably 16 miles per day, maybe more when working towards a peak for a competition. But walking 112 miles per week, when even Olympic Marathon Runners don't even put up that mileage is a big question mark for me. 

Even at a fast pace for me, 5'8" short 30" inseam legs, 4mph that would be 4 hours each day. Now I have trained many times over 2 hours per day(currently around 90-120 minutes) on some days. I don't recall, other than running those two 26.2 mile Marathons, spending 4 hours exercising, be it walking/running/total upper and lower body resistance training, plus stretching, would total 4 hours a day.

Many of my co-workers felt they walked 10 miles a day on our machine job. While the machines were 20 yards  long, 10 miles? Took a pedometer to work and got volunteers that felt they honestly walked that far. Results?  Longest one out of 5, excluding myself? It was .76 of a mile.

Invited all of them to go on a 5 mile walk with me to give them an idea of what that entails, not a single taker of my invite, surprise to me? Nope!

While your father certainly took good care of his body, and I know that is not easy to do for many men, thought I would question that comment. This is "just my opinion".

Best to you,

hckynut

Thank you for your questionable and qizzical comment, and of 'course' you have every bright - eyed prerogative to have your open minded opinion.

I certainly would understand that, as I would with anything remarkable, too from you. Your childhood, also.

My father (whom I will always refer to as Daddy) would be someone you would really liked to have known. 

My dad Heart never run (as far as I would know) in any Marathon race, as I know or have seen.

My husband read your reply and said not to bother answering back, but I am cordial and thought it to be the right thing to do, while you were being questionable?

My father was employeed at a large oil refinery in charge of engineering saftey mechanics of fire safety throughout the company. That was his employment.

We have in our family a 3rd generation (largest in our state) apple and peach orchard that had, also, a working farm run by acre owners..` and ours, also. He was the overseer of the entire 64.4 acres of all fruit trees and gardening, along with our horses that we rode and did use (1) for farm chores.

There was barn duties associated with his responsibilities, there- plow, wagons, saddles and cutting the hay to store and buy straw to store in the huge barn facility. We live "16" miles from our home in the city to our __land__ on the outside of town into the farmlands of that area. AND!

Yes, he walked ....everyday ... that 16 mile travel, as a leisure walk, on regular shoes or Red Wing shoe boots.

He very seldom drove a car, even if someone offered him a ride, he said, "I'll walk". 

It would impossible for me to tell you on a chat board about my dad; he was a remarkable man. 

He had bought a used set of lifting weights from a friend when I was 18. The weights has several different lbs. -from 2-5-15-100-200lbs., etc..{you get the idea}.

He started out slowly at around 38years old with bar bells holding 2 lbs then 5lbs. By 4 years he was up to lifting 250 lbs. while lying on a wood floor in our upper hallway without any mat or fancy whatever.

I watched in amazement.I changed the weights.

Daddy was very much into taking care of his body. I could not take your '5' mile walk- not now, but I did walk a lot to maintain my 18 inch waist and 100 lb. weight. Many years.

Fitness was a big thing in our family. So in essence, I value your question,....  !! Questionable as `it may be`, but I appreciated your concern. You can learn something NEW!

Yes, my father was a remarakable strong man that I was blessed to have been born to.

As a Christian woman, that is the best I can explain, other than if you speak to me or we, as family, have a converastion with my brother, my sister, my husband and I.

Thank you for asking. have a wondeful life, with love, traveling with your young bride of 12 years. Woman Happy ~

NAES / _Not an easy sale..2011-2015.

Best to you, John ~ also. 

Honored Contributor

Although it may not repair DNA, vitamin C imo can do many things, including helping with the ones mentioned. Vitamin C may help prevent DNA damage by protecting it from oxidative damage.