Respected Contributor

Re: Supplements Berberine and Garcinia

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thank you! I did see it when looking at the Berberine but right now I'm taking Andrew Lessman's Cinnamon. Once it's gone, I may try the Nutrivein. Thanks again!🤗

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

@Enufstuff wrote:

@SilleeMee  Would you happen to know if Berberine has any

known negative side effects or if it intereacts with any medications?  Is it okay to use, if you don't have a blood sugar issue? Thanks

@Enufstuff 

For me personally, I don't have any side effects from taking berberine. I'm on a Rx calcium channel blocker BP med and there's not interaction with that one. Check with your doctor or look it up online for your drugs and possible interactions.  Way back when I started taking berberine I did lose a few pounds but nothing significant. Not sure why you would want to take berberine for no reason. It's mainly used for blood sugar control.

Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

They were out of my Berberine for my subscription shipment, so I am going to try your brand. Saved a fee dollars too. Yay!

Thanks for mentioning your product. I have wanted to try cinnamon, but I did not want to add another item. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kate2357 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

They were out of my Berberine for my subscription shipment, so I am going to try your brand. Saved a fee dollars too. Yay!

Thanks for mentioning your product. I have wanted to try cinnamon, but I did not want to add another item. 

@kate2357  I was looking over my subscriptions this mornng since my last day to adjust is this Friday.  I saw a few of my items were unavailable this time, too, and found less expensive options,  I guess it's a good idea to review them and take the time to compare other options now and then. 

Respected Contributor

I follow a Youtube channel called Talking with Docs. They are 2 Canadian Doctors and I love them. They recently had a video on Berberine and they do not recommend it, I think they were talking about it for weight loss though. You should check them out. I listen to about every video that they do. 

Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thank you! I did see it when looking at the Berberine but right now I'm taking Andrew Lessman's Cinnamon. Once it's gone, I may try the Nutrivein. Thanks again!🤗

Just FYI, Lessmans is not Ceylon Cinnamon, it is the much cheaper kind found in grocery stores, dont be fooled !!! too much of it can be harmful.  I take Nutricost Ceylon Cinnamon. 

Honored Contributor

Star, did you see my comments to you about Mangosteen?