Trusted Contributor

Shoes for bad knees

I have some of the world's worst knees; in fact, they're getting to the point where I'm going to have to consider replacement surgery as much as I hate to. My knees kill me if I spend too much time on my feet; stairs are a problem -- just a pain. I spent yesterday touring assisted living facilities for my mom, and I am pretty much lame today.

In the meantime, I find myself so limited in what shoes I can wear. Heels are out, of course. Even low, shaped heels that may allow the least "wobble" are a no-no. I pretty much have to have cushioned soles to minimize impact and a wide, flat, absolutely stable base (not glamorous, I can assure you). Even low heels can be a problem if the footbed of the shoe tilts my foot the least bit wrong so that it puts extra stress on the inside or outside of the knee.

Footsmart and I are best friends. Anybody else have crummy knees and a favorite shoe style that helps minimize your knee problems?

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2015 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View