Trusted Contributor

Re: Sciatica for 2 weeks, finally today I am out of pain

@Moonchilde wrote:

@sktchy wrote:

I have experienced Sciatica on my right side  along with constant numbness in my right leg - all summer long.

I have a MRI this Tuesday - Thank Goodness.  

The larger issue is I am afraid of walking and falling.  Since I fell almost 2 years ago I developed this VERY intense fear of falling.  I used to walk 5 miles a day - and LOVED IT.  I had low blood pressure, my A1C was low and I had stomach muscles too.

I have also been scheduled for PT too.  

@sktchy, I totally understand your fear of falling. My fear is not related to my sciatica, but because I've had 2-3 very bad, very painful trip-and-falls over the years. I also have arthritis in all joints from the knees on down, and the stiffness and occasional weebly-wobbly in my ankles can make me extra-extra cautious and slow. 

I have moved to a beautiful area and wanted to start doing some walks by the ocean, but then my sciatica decided to reappear 2 months ago and I've had to sit out doing several things I wanted to do.

Maybe PT will help me enough that an injection won't be needed. I have to wait another week to talk to my doctor re MRI results.

I miss my walks Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@sktchy wrote:

I have experienced Sciatica on my right side  along with constant numbness in my right leg - all summer long.

The larger issue is I am afraid of walking and falling.  Since I fell almost 2 years ago I developed this VERY intense fear of falling.  I used to walk 5 miles a day - and LOVED IT.  I had low blood pressure, my A1C was low and I had stomach muscles too.

@sktchy

After you get the results

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@sktchy wrote:

@sktchy

After you get the results of the MRI, you might want to talk with your GP about your fear of falling. It could also be a physical thing, not just a psychological fear of falling.

I really didn't get what your "I had stomach muscles too". That one went over my head. You will have some answers after your MRI, and that is always a good thing.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)