Super Contributor

Requesting Prayers ....

[ Edited ]

I know many caring and loving people come to these forums daily. Because of my own issues, I'm not very active poster anymore.

Last night we got email from my FIL, confessing he has been keeping a secret from us. He lives many hours away. SIL was just up there a few weeks ago. She noticed things, but didn't hassle him about it because he's easily irritated and always vague about health issues ... also overly independent. He is widowed, 88, and lives in OH. He is the only surviving parent for DH and me.

His reasoning for keeping this secret was not to interrupt our lives.

He confessed he has already had a cardiac catheterization December 20th. The result showed the Aortic valve is not opening as it should because of calcium build up. He has been advised not to wait any longer to tell his children. 

According to his email, Wexner Medical Center (OSU) for 7 years, has been using the heart cath method to replace the Aortic valve in people who can pass a pre-operation testing. This type of surgery has a rapid recovery verses open heart surgery.

So, we are hoping and praying he will meet the testing requirements for this Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR).

Sorry this ended up long, but is theraputic and I'm worried. I come here today asking any among you who believe in the power of prayer, if you would add my FIL to your prayers and/or positive healing thoughts.

Many thanks, Hugs, and much appreciation in advance.  Heart Heart    Tabby

edited to add: May God bless all of you here

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Honored Contributor

I just did @Tabbycat and I am wishing all the best, for all of you

Honored Contributor

@Tabbycat

Our thoughts are with you and your whole family. Best wishes to your father-in-law, who seems very concerned about his family members.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

Sending, hope, love, and peace on the winds to all of you.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

@Tabbycat  I'm sorry for the news you had from the last living parent.  It is very stressful and probably why you didn't get the news sooner.  

Please keep the faith and strength needed to get through this bump in the road.  You will all need each other during this time.

My prayers go out to your whole family, asking that the repairs can be made.  Happy, more sunny times ahead.

God bless you all.Heart

Super Contributor

Sending prayers your way for your FIL and for your whole family.Heart

Honored Contributor

Image result for sending prayers and thoughts images

Honored Contributor

{{{{HUGS}}} to all of you and healing thoughts and prayers!Heart

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

Thank you, each of you. It means so much ....  cherry, hckynut(john), Drythe, 3suwm5, Apple Crisp, meallen616, and IG.

Cherry ... I still make your "Grandma's White Cookies" now and then. They are so yummy! Gee my note on the recipe says that was in 2010!!  Time does fly

Still Tabbycat ~~ Less is More ~~
Respected Contributor

Re: Requesting Prayers ....

[ Edited ]

Prayers and well wishes for your FIL and family.  I hope he passes pre-op testing and can have the cardiac catheterization.  🙏