Trusted Contributor

Recommendations for bathroom scale

Need a simple one that's accurate. One my husband has does not work that well. You can step on it 3 different times and get different readings.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

Re: Recommendations for bathroom scale

I have a Beurer Digital Scale that I bought five or six years ago.  It is very accurate and was reasonably priced.  Amazon sells them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

I have a digital. Accurate, weighs same as my doctor's scale.

Trusted Contributor

@ellaphantWhat is the brand?

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

I've used a WW Conair Thinner for years. It gives me consistent readings. Simple model,  easy to read digital, no memory...about $20.

Honored Contributor

EatSmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale Ultra Wide Platform.  It’s under $30, on Amazon.  We’ve had ours for 6 yrs. and I believe we’ve yet to replace a battery.  It’s very sturdy, low to the floor, and I feel secure when stepping onto it.  

Esteemed Contributor

I was having trouble reading my numbers on my old scale. So bought one from HSN that tells me - loud and clear - my weight.  Runs on a battery, but no memory!  Low to the ground and feels sturdy.  Love it!!

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure.  I bought it at Costco years ago for about $20.  It agrees with the doctors's scales.

Does anyone have a body composition scale?  I'd like one but I've read that reliability is an issue.

Super Contributor

Both me and my BF each got new Weight Watchers scales at Costco. Mine was $19.99, his was $14.99. Both bought semi recently. They were both on sale, only my BF's was a better sale. We love them. 

Honored Contributor

We don't have a body weight scale in our home so I can't help you. I know pretty close to what I weigh by the way I feel and how my clothes fit me. Along with that, my ice skating changes dramatically if my weight changes more than 4-5 lbs.

Also, I am more I interested in my body composition than my body weight. Along with that I keep my Cardio Fitness close to its best as much as possible. All the above rule out my need to look at arbitrary numbers on a body weight scale. I bet on a scale at the doctors I visit any my weight is always within a pound or 2 of my preferred skating weight.

My wife feels the same about not needing a body weight scale in our home.

hckynut

hckynut(john)