Honored Contributor

Question for other fellow walkers

[ Edited ]

What is your choice of footwear for walking? What brand do you prefer? Care to share?

I have some sketchers Go Walks that I put an orthotic insert in and I find that they are very comfortable and nice and light in weight.  I like them but they tend to be pricey.

I  also have some Addidas  sneakers that are comfortable, but seem to weigh a lot. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Question for other fellow walkers

I use Ryka and Tony Little Cheeks. I have used New Balance in the past.

Contributor

Love my NEW BALANCE

Honored Contributor

I had some Skechers Go Walks, but replaced them after my podiatrist told me not to wear shoes like those because they contributed to my plantar fasciitis. 

I wear Brooks and New Balance now. And as soon as I get them home, I remove the insole and replace it with the orthotic insole the podiatrist had be purchase. The only shoes I wear without my orthotic are the Vionics I have. The insole in those is good as-is.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I walk my dog I wear Skechers Go Walks.  At the gym on the treadmill  I have been wearing ASICS.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden

My long-time "go-to" shoe is Easy Spirit "Punter."

It has a high ES rating for athletic support, but mine sustain me through walking these days. When I taught, I wore them all day/every day and was on my feet all day. HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

for walking and running, I've been loyal to asics. but you must know, that not all asics are made the same. you definitely have to try them out and walk around the store. some have footbeds that are more cushioney than others. lately, I've been trying Nike, but only the ones that have the fitsole. again, not all the same. both brands are great for long walks and for running. I hope you find one that works for you!

Honored Contributor

My podiatrist recommends New Balance shoes and a number 800 or higher. The higher the # the more expensive they are but also more arch support and support in general. Personally, I prefer ryka because they fit my narrow heel but I have to wear an orthoticwith ryka that I don't need with new balance.

Trusted Contributor

KURU  Carrera

Valued Contributor

Asics - there are lots of different types, think mine are a gel that I usually purchase at Nordstrom for about $140.  They fit my feet really well and I walk about 4-6 miles daily.