Trusted Contributor

Has anyone here ever have this. This afternoon I started hearing my heartbeat in my left 

ear. Of course I googled it to see what was going on. I have on and off ringing in my right ear. I somehow have adjusted to that, but this is about to make me lose my mind. 

It has been hours of it. I am not sure I can adjust to this. 

Some of the causes are high blood pressure. Mine is always low. Or fluid in the ears. 

I will call and get a doctors appointment. 

If if you have had it have you found any relief?  

Trusted Contributor

I sometimes notice my heartbeat in an ear when I am lying down. It comes and goes but really doesn't happen to often.

I did have an ear issue many years ago. It sounding like a jet engine was taking off in my left ear. Went to an ear doctor and he flushed out some sort of membrane tissue. No problems after that.

I think going to an ear doctor is a great idea for you.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @sandraskates

I will I'll call first thing tomorrow. 

Contributor

Pulsatile tinnitus usually has a cause. For me, it's Intracranial Hypertension (also known as Pseudo-Tumor Cerebri). While it's never gone, the volume and frequency of mine have decreased enough that it's tolerable. In the past I'd often be in tears because it was so loud and persistent. I do have some form of white noise on at all times, silence makes me notice it.

Anyway, seeing a doctor is your best bet. Finding the root cause will help lead to a possible resolution. PT doesn't tend to just go away.