@HonnyBrown

Not very nice! Y'all pounced. : (

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: Prescription Recommendation

[ Edited ]

@HonnyBrown wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I don't get it either. Why bother. You would have to go to the doctor pay your co-pay plus go back to the pharmacy to pay your co-pay so you can get a $25 gift card. How much money will you be out paying co-pays, gas & your time?

I hate going to the doctor so not worth it for me.

Night, I would call my doctor and ask for a prescription for my existing allergies.  There is no copay for that.

The promotion from the pharmacy would comp the cost for the copay.  No charge there.

If I chose to, I could walk to the pharmacy in lieu of my walk around the lake, so there is no issue with gas or time.

And $25 to try a new allergy med!

It sounds like a win-win to me.

@HonnyBrown Well I guess that does sound like a win for you.

I don't have a medication for the doctor to prescribe for me. I only take thyroid medication & don't need a refill yet. I do mail order for it so I can get 90 days at a time.

Enjoy your walk around the lake to pick it up.

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@HonnyBrown

Not very nice! Y'all pounced. : (

loves, did you expect any less?  I didn't, and most people fell WAY below the bar!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@HonnyBrown wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I don't get it either. Why bother. You would have to go to the doctor pay your co-pay plus go back to the pharmacy to pay your co-pay so you can get a $25 gift card. How much money will you be out paying co-pays, gas & your time?

I hate going to the doctor so not worth it for me.

Night, I would call my doctor and ask for a prescription for my existing allergies.  There is no copay for that.

The promotion from the pharmacy would comp the cost for the copay.  No charge there.

If I chose to, I could walk to the pharmacy in lieu of my walk around the lake, so there is no issue with gas or time.

And $25 to try a new allergy med!

It sounds like a win-win to me.

@HonnyBrown Well I guess that does sound like a win for you.

I don't have a medication for the doctor to prescribe for me. I only take thyroid medication & don't need a refill yet. I do mail order for it so I can get 90 days at a time.

Enjoy your walk around the lake to pick it up.

Thanks night!  The lake is actually in the opposite direction.  I would do one or the other.

How do you like the mail order prescriptions?

Honored Contributor

I'm confused - why would you want to be on a prescription for anything just to get a $25 gift card?

Be thanking your God that you are healthy and do not NEED to take any type of prescription drugs.  A gift card for any amount of money is not at all worth the need to take any prescription drug.

Vitamins, eye drops, etc are not at all prescription drugs either.  If you buy otc anything, it is not a prescription drug.

Respected Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@HonnyBrown wrote:

I received a coupon to fill a new prescription at a specific pharmacy AND get a $25 gift card.

I want the gift card.  Caveat: I am not on any prescription medications; only OTC allergy pills.

What prescription can I get when I am healthy?  It has to be for me.

@HonnyBrown

If any doctor writes a prescription for someone that does not need it?  Not a doctor I would patronize, and maybe against medical standards.

hckynut(john)

I'm afraid I have to agree! If you manage to get said script it might end up costing you way more than the gift card is worth! Why not take offer to a clinic. I'm sure there are people on meds that could really use the gift card as well!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@hckynut John, my Medicare pays for Vit D test every 3 months. Doc has me in for bloodwork every 3 months. I pay 13 to the lab. Medicare pays the rest.

Honored Contributor

@Laura14

My last Vitamin D I bought at CVS as the had 2 bottles for the price of 1. Will have to check amazon as we buy a lot there prime.

As far as meds?  We are very far apart on that one. With my having 2 heart attacks/2 events of PE(lung blood clots)/Anaphylactic Shock/Hematoma in major artery after Heart Cath/INR so high my organs were bleeding out. A few more I could mention , but?

I have never been a fan of meds, but I am a realist and pretty well versed in health/fitness and the human physiology. That said, I know after so many events that kill thousands every year and I am still kicking?

I can thank some specific meds for extending my life. I quit 1 prescription med that does risk my life by doing so. That was because of having 100+ blood transfusions/28 Iron Infusions, and having 20 Co!onoscopies, or DBE(longer scope and High Def Camera). That plus being Anemic and having full blood draws at minimum of 4 days a week for 7+ years.

There are certain meds I kinda get why some choose not to take them. When it comes to someone having DVT, or the much more dangerous PE, I don't get it. Without those meds for most, they will know at least what might end their life.

Strange thread, I think, especially now with my long winded reply to you.

Stay well,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

I'm confused - why would you want to be on a prescription for anything just to get a $25 gift card?

Be thanking your God that you are healthy and do not NEED to take any type of prescription drugs.  A gift card for any amount of money is not at all worth the need to take any prescription drug.

Vitamins, eye drops, etc are not at all prescription drugs either.  If you buy otc anything, it is not a prescription drug.

Pink, trust me, I am very thankful that I am healthy and not reliant on prescription medications!  I am in my 40s and most of my friends are taking medicine to stay out of the hospital.  I am blessed not to be in that situation, or anywhere close to it.

From the suggestions here, one of my options is to get a prescription for Vitamin D.  My levels fall in the winter when I exercise inside vs outside. 

I think a vitamin is worth a $25 gift card.

My other option is a prescription allergy pill.  Twice a year, my OTC med doesn't address all of my allergy symptoms.  I end up taking my allergy pill plus something for the runny nose and congestion, plus something for the swollen eyelids and something else for the hives.  If I can get one pill to address everything for three months, why would I not do that?

Again, I am very thankful for my excellent health!

Honored Contributor

@hckynut, I was diagnosed with extremely low vit D level a few years ago, and the doctor wrote me a RX for Vit D - but not the (better) formulation which is in the drugstore. She told me later that what she prescribed was the only prescription form she could write that insurance would cover, and also because she wanted to be sure I'd take it.

Once I started reading up on all the negative effects of low vit D and how we lose absorption capability as we age, I have made sure that since the RX brought my levels to normal, I've taken the freely available drugstore form ever since, without fail. Not a good thing to be low in!

Life without Mexican food is no life at all